- vi. 下降至较低或正常水平 sink to a lower or to the normal level
- vi. (土地)下陷；(建筑物等)下陷 (of land) sink,e.g. because of mining operations underneath; (of buildings,etc.) sink lower into the ground
- vi. 减弱，减轻，平静下来，平息 become less violent,active,intense,etc.
wear off or die down;
"The pain subsided"
sink to a lower level or form a depression;
"the valleys subside"
sink down or precipitate;
"the mud subsides when the waters become calm"
descend into or as if into some soft substance or place;
"He sank into bed"
"She subsided into the chair"
- The hematoma will usually subside in time.
- The storm began to subside.
- He waited until the applause had subsided.
- Weak foundations caused the house to subside.
- The flooded river was subsiding rapidly.
- The hills subsided toward the shore.
- His anger quickly subsided.
As the water subsides it leaves a great debris of uprooted timber.出自： A. Moorehead
The lump on his head is subsiding.出自： A. Lurie