an abatement in intensity or degree (as in the manifestations of a disease);
"his cancer is in remission"
a gradual sinking to a lower level
the sudden collapse of something into a hollow beneath it
- The supply of sediment is insufficient to offset the rate of subsidence.
- The railway line was closed because of subsidence.
- Mining subsidence affects ecological environment of minefield.
- Many basins were formed by the subsidence of the earth's crust.
- ultimate subsidence 最终沉降
- mining subsidence 矿穴沉陷
- subsidence rate 沉陷率,沉陷速度...
- surface subsidence 地表塌陷
- ground subsidence 地面沉陷
- subsidence basin 沉陷盆地
- subsidence transient 衰减过渡过程...
- subsidence settling 泥渣沉积
- isostatic subsidence 均衡沉陷
- land subsidence 地面沉降
- full subsidence 完全沉陷
- anticyclone subsidence 反气旋下沉
- final subsidence 最终下沉
- secular subsidence 缓慢沉陷
- subsidence inversion 下沉逆温
Coal seams worked near the surface cause the severest subsidence.出自：Which?