- vt. 使浸没；潜入水中；覆盖
- vi. 浸没
- vt. & vi. 沉没; 潜入水中 sink out of sight; (of a submarine) to go down under the surface
- vt. 把…置于水中; 淹没 put under water; cover with a liquid
sink below the surface; go under or as if under water
cover completely or make imperceptible;
"I was drowned in work"
"The noise drowned out her speech"
put under water;
"submerge your head completely"
fill or cover completely, usually with water
- I watched the submarine submerge.
- Submarines can submerge very quickly.
- I watched a school whales gradually submerging.
- The crocodile submerged when it saw the boat.
- The flood submerged the town.
- The river submerged large tracts of land.
- Her happiness at seeing him submerged her former worries.
- His talent was submerged by his shyness.
- The factory is submerged with orders.
- submerge in (v.+prep.)
使(自己)全神贯注于… make (oneself) give all one's attention to (sth)
submerge sth in sth
He submerged the cups in the basin.
She submerged her hands in warm water.
The ship has been submerged in the ocean for many years.
那艘船已经泡在海底多年了。submerge oneself in sth/v-ing
He often submerges himself in study.
I am absolutely submerged in work.
I was submerged in reading an exciting book, and didn't hear the doorbell ring.
- submerge clothes 泡衣服
- submerge hand 泡手
- submerge land 淹没土地
- submerge talent 淹没才华
- submerge town 淹没城镇
- submerge worry 掩盖了忧虑
The fast-drying lake bed..was showing up an old temple which had been submerged.出自： R. K. Narayan
Planning for his trip to Peking..soon submerged other considerations.出自： H. Kissinger
- immerse 浸
- sink 下沉
- duck 鸭肉
- dip 浸
- lower 低的
- plunge 使投入
- inundate 浸水
- dunk 蘸一下水
- suppress 镇压
- conceal 隐藏
- hide 藏
- stifle 使窒息
- drown 淹死
- submerse 浸没
- overwhelm 打击
- deluge 大洪水
- surface 表面
- submersion n. 没入水中,浸没,淹没；沉浸