a basketball shot in which the basketball is propelled downward into the basket
immerse briefly into a liquid so as to wet, coat, or saturate;
"dip the garment into the cleaning solution"
"dip the brush into the paint"
make a dunk shot, in basketball;
"He dunked the ball"
dip into a liquid while eating;
"She dunked the piece of bread in the sauce"
- She used to dunk her biscuits in her tea.
- The children are allowed to dunk their bread in the soup.
- Let's dunk in the pool before dinner.
- It is nice to dunk oneself in a pool on hot days.
- You can't really slam dunk a basketball.
- He could dunk it over anyone because of his length and his athleticism.