something (manuscripts or architectural plans and models or estimates or works of art of all genres etc.) submitted for the judgment of others (as in a competition);
"several of his submissions were rejected by publishers"
"what was the date of submission of your proposal?"
the act of submitting; usually surrendering power to another
the condition of having submitted to control by someone or something else;
"the union was brought into submission"
"his submission to the will of God"
the feeling of patient, submissive humbleness
a legal document summarizing an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
an agreement between parties in a dispute to abide by the decision of an arbiter
(law) a contention presented by a lawyer to a judge or jury as part of the case he is arguing
- They prepared a report for submission to the council.
- Tomorrow is the last date for submission of entries for the competition.
- They bowed to the king with all due submission.
- They believe that submission in no way implies inferiority.
- They tried to starve him into submission.
- No enemy can frighten us into submission.
- The court heard the submission of defence counsel that there was no case to answer.
The day within which the arbiters are to decide is left blank in the submission.出自： J. Erskine
The occasion for the..secession from the main body of the community was Ali's submission to arbitration in his struggle.出自： J. L. Esposito
- obedience 服从
- compliance 顺从；服从；遵守...
- capitulation 有条件投降
- surrender 投降
- acquiescence 默许
- deference 顺从
- proposition 提议
- assent 同意
- conformity 一致
- proposal 求婚
- dependence 依赖
- suggestion 建议
- plan 计划
- resignation 辞职
- tender 温柔的
- cession 割让
- offer 提供
- idea 主意
- meekness 卑恭屈节
- entry 进入
- resistance 抵抗