- [S]结果 effect or result
- something that results;
"he listened for the results on the radio"
- a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon;
"the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"
"his decision had depressing consequences for business"
"he acted very wise after the event"
- What was the outcome of your meeting?
- The outcome of the election is a foregone conclusion.
- The outcome of the game is beyond his fondest hopes.
- These complications may have a fatal outcome.
This book was the outcome of a tremendous amount of scientific work.
We are anxiously awaiting the outcome of their discussion.
There have been some disputes about the outcome of Schachter's original experiment.出自：P. Van Sommers
With..birth control unreliable, pregnancy was a likely outcome.出自：S. Quinn
- outcome, consequence, effect, result
这四个词都可表示“效果,结果”。其区别是：result是普通用语,指直接或间接、近因或远因所引起的结果; consequence指自然而然的或当然的结果; effect严格强调因果关系,指和cause直接相对应的结果; outcome强调事件的特有的结局,表示最终的结果。例如:The fire was the result of carelessness.这次大火是粗心大意的结果。The rise in lung cancer was a consequence of cigarette smoking.肺癌的增加是吸烟的结果。He began to experience the evil effect of drinking.他已经开始感受到喝酒的有害影响。The outcome of the war was doubtful.战争的胜败尚难预料。
- outcome:outcome n. 结果, 成果…