- [S]结果 effect or result
something that results;
"he listened for the results on the radio"
a phenomenon that follows and is caused by some previous phenomenon;
"the magnetic effect was greater when the rod was lengthwise"
"his decision had depressing consequences for business"
"he acted very wise after the event"
- What was the outcome of your meeting?
- The outcome of the election is a foregone conclusion.
- The outcome of the game is beyond his fondest hopes.
- Public interest centres on the outcome of next week's by-election.
- These complications may have a fatal outcome.
- This book was the outcome of a tremendous amount of scientific work.
- We are anxiously awaiting the outcome of their discussion.
There have been some disputes about the outcome of Schachter's original experiment.出自： P. Van Sommers
With..birth control unreliable, pregnancy was a likely outcome.出自： S. Quinn
- outcome, consequence, effect, result
- result是普通用语,指直接或间接、近因或远因所引起的结果; consequence指自然而然的或当然的结果; effect严格强调因果关系,指和cause直接相对应的结果; outcome强调事件的特有的结局,表示最终的结果。例如:
- The fire was the result of carelessness.这次大火是粗心大意的结果。
- The rise in lung cancer was a consequence of cigarette smoking.肺癌的增加是吸烟的结果。
- He began to experience the evil effect of drinking.他已经开始感受到喝酒的有害影响。
- The outcome of the war was doubtful.战争的胜败尚难预料。