- [C] 连续的同类事物,系列 a group of things of the same kind or related in some way, coming one after another or in order
- [U] 串联 electrical circuit with the supply of current flowing directly through each component
- similar things placed in order or happening one after another;
"they were investigating a series of bank robberies"
- a serialized set of programs;
"a comedy series"
"the Masterworks concert series"
- a periodical that appears at scheduled times
- (sports) several contests played successively by the same teams;
"the visiting team swept the series"
- (electronics) connection of components in such a manner that current flows first through one and then through the other;
"the voltage divider consisted of a series of fixed resistors"
- a group of postage stamps having a common theme or a group of coins or currency selected as a group for study or collection;
"the Post Office issued a series commemorating famous American entertainers"
"his coin collection included the complete series of Indian-head pennies"
- (mathematics) the sum of a finite or infinite sequence of expressions
- The lecture series falls naturally into three parts.
- The theory is based on a series of wrong assumptions.
- He published a new series of readers for students of English.
- After a series of unsuccessful attempts, he has finally passed the driving test.
She attended all the lectures in the series.
It is called series circuits in physics.
- a series of
一系列a group of things of the same kind or related in some way, coming one after another or in order
The post office will issue a series of new stamps. 邮局将要发行一套新邮票。
- 一系列a group of things of the same kind or related in some way, coming one after another or in order
A row of small red-brick houses, showing a series of homely, domestic-looking backs.出自：H. James
- series, sequence, succession
这组词都有“持续”“连续”“一系列”的意思。1.sequence多指时间上、空间上的相继发生; succession强调事物或事件一个接一个发生,没有间断; series指将某种性质相同或关系相同的事物排列在一起。2.sequence含有事物按照某种逻辑集合而成的意思; succession所暗示的事物不一定按逻辑顺序,含有相连的事物既互相关联又彼此独立的意思。
- a series of, a chain of
这二者都有“一连串”的意思,但意义有所不同。a series of只表示数量,而a chain of含“前因后果”的意味。例如:
- It awakens a series of associations of ideas.
- Their acts set off a chain of revolts through- out the country.
- ☆ 1611年进英入语，直接源自拉丁语的series，意为行，列。
- series:series n. 连续, 系列, 丛书, 级数习惯用语a series of 一系列, 许多in series 连续, 逐次 按顺序排列的 作为丛书的 【电】串联的in series with 与.…