- adj. 苗条的；微小的；细长的
- v. 减肥；缩减
- 使苗条，使 ... 变苗条
- 苗条的,修长的 attractively thin; not fat
- 微小的,渺茫的 very small; slight
being of delicate or slender build;
"she was slender as a willow shoot is slender"
"a slim girl with straight blonde hair"
"watched her slight figure cross the street"
small in quantity;
"a slim chance of winning"
"a small surplus"
take off weight
- I wish I was as slim as you.
- I remember her (ie picture her in my mind) as a slim young girl.
- He showed much enthusiasm for our plan.1329286376:435972
- I have a slim gold watch.
- She is trying to slim by jogging.
- She tries to get fit and slim down.
- The Marine Corps began to slim down under budget restrictions.
- You have to slim down your holiday plans since costs have risen so much.
- Fat girls envy slim girls.
- He is a slim boy who may fill out as he becomes older.
- John hasn't worked enough,but there is still a slim chance that he will pass his examination.
- She took a slim book out of her pocket.
- Our chances of winning are slim.We have only the slimmest chance.
- Regular exercise will make you slimmer.
Skilliter went on a sponsored slim and lost 3st.出自：Navy News
Gracie was a great eater, but remained slim.出自： I. Murdoch
Tate Lyle has slimmed its labour force.出自：Observer
- slim, lanky, thin, underweight
- thin以中性的方式来描写人的外貌,常同营养、疾病有较多牵连,不含褒贬义; slim描写人的外貌时有瘦得很美的含义,带有褒义; lanky用来描述人又高又瘦,含有幽默的意味; underweight指描述人因吃得不好或生病而过“瘦”。例如:
- She was tall and thin, with fairish hair.她高高瘦瘦的,留着长发。
- She used to be pretty and slim.她过去非常漂亮苗条。
- Tom was a lanky boy with long skinny legs.汤姆是一个腿很细的瘦高个儿。
- Many people who are underweight are happy with their size.许多人很喜欢自己那种过于瘦的身材。
- ☆ 直接源自荷兰语的slim，意为狡猾的；最初源自中古荷兰语的slim，意为不老实的。