- [C] 脊柱;脊椎 row of bones along the back of humans and some animals;backbone
- [C] (动植物的)刺,刺毛 any of the sharp needle-like parts on some plants (e.g. cactuses) and animals (e.g. porcupines,hedgehogs)
- [C] 书脊 back part of the cover of a book,where the pages are joined together
the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord;
"the fall broke his back"
any sharply pointed projection
a small sharp-pointed tip resembling a spike on a stem or leaf
the part of a book's cover that encloses the inner side of the book's pages and that faces outward when the book is shelved;
"the title and author were printed on the spine of the book"
a sharp rigid animal process or appendage; as a porcupine quill or a ridge on a bone or a ray of a fish fin
- His spine developed a slight curve.
- He got an injury to his spine when he fell off his horse.
- Crimp spine on pages for permanent binding.
- A little red cover with a broken spine.
- A single spine can easily penetrate 2 cm of solid neo steel even at maximum range.
- He sustained an injury to his spine when he fell off his horse.
- Hedgehogs and cacti have spines.
- Remember to put the name of our press on the spine of the book.
- spine-chilling 令人毛骨悚然的...
- spine-tingling 令人又惊又喜的...
- ischial spine 坐骨棘
- haemal spine 脉棘
- secondary spine 次棘(动)
- spine wall 纵向承重间壁...
- lava spine 熔岩棘
- arm spine 腕棘
- dorsal spine 背棘；脊柱
- fin spine 鳍脊,鳍棘
- volcanic spine 火山碑
- poker spine 脊柱强直
- stem spine 茎针
- marginal spine 边缘刺(动)
- spine apparatus 棘器
- costal spine 前缘刺
- occipital spine 后头刺
- humeral spine 上膊棘
- spine fracture 脊柱骨折
- neural spine 神经棘
Sean felt a cold wind blow down his spine.出自： Wilbur Smith
- spineless adj. 无脊骨的；没有勇气的