- v. 修理；修补；补救；赴；去
- n. 修理；修补；补救；维修工作；维修状态
- vt. & vi. 修理,修补 make (sth worn or broken) work again; mend
- vt. 纠正,补救 put right (a wrong, mistake, etc.)
- vi. 去,赴 visit, especially frequently or in large numbers
- [C][U]修理,修补 (an act of) mending sth
- [C]修补的地方 a mended place
the act of putting something in working order again
a formal way of referring to the condition of something;
"the building was in good repair"
a frequently visited place
restore by replacing a part or putting together what is torn or broken;
"She repaired her TV set"
"Repair my shoes please"
make amends for; pay compensation for;
"One can never fully repair the suffering and losses of the Jews in the Third Reich"
"She was compensated for the loss of her arm in the accident"
move, travel, or proceed toward some place;
"He repaired to his cabin in the woods"
set straight or right;
"remedy these deficiencies"
"rectify the inequities in salaries"
"repair an oversight"
give new life or energy to;
"A hot soup will revive me"
"This will renovate my spirits"
"This treatment repaired my health"
- She turned the chair on its side to repair it.
- I'll have my watch repaired; it doesn't work.
- The overcoat is so old, it won't repair.
- How can I repair the wrong I have done her?
- The majority of the damage is easy to repair.
- The brickwork in this house is in need of repair.
- He sent his car to the garage for repair.
- I'm afraid this old radio is beyond repair.
- The shirt is so old, it won't repair.
- We have repaired the motor.
- He is repairing desks and chairs in the classroom.
- He is always ready to help others repair radios.
- I have been to ask him to repair my watch.
- She was repairing a glove when I came in.
- The workers are repairing the roads.
- You need more nutrition to repair your health after the operation.
- It will take a while to repair foreign confidence.
- The most important issue is to repair relations in the region.
- The question is how to repair the error.
- I immediately repaired my error in my speech.
- I'll try to repair the damage caused by the accident.
- Although his range of reading was wide, he could not in some respects repair the lack of early education.
- She opened her handbag and began to repair her face.
- When this building is repaired, it will be serviceable.
- The house must be repaired from top to bottom.
- These shoes have to be repaired.
- The puncture has been repaired.
- The house is in need of repair.
- Repairs done while you wait.
- This house needs a lot of repairs before anyone can live in it.
- The shop will be closed during repairs.
- The road has been closed off for repairs.
- People without insurance had to pay for their own repairs.
- The repairs to the school will be financed by a private company.
- He was an old hand at repair work.
- The repair is barely visible.
- This coat has many repairs.
- repair to( v.+prep. )
经常地〔成群地〕去(某地) go to a place often or in large numbers
repair to sth
We all repaired to a restaurant and drank coffee together.
It was our custom after the play to repair to the local coffee house to argue about the quality of the performance.
- beyond repair
无法修补的; 无法恢复的 too badly broken to be mended
- in bad〔poor〕 (state of) repair
失修的,破损的 in bad condition
- in good〔repair〕
维修良好; 处于完好状态 in good/bad condition
- in repair
保养完好的 keeping sth very well
- make repairs
- out of repair
失修,破损 without mending
- under repair
正在修理 being mended
- repair a blast furnace 修理鼓风炉
- repair a bridge 维修桥
- repair a ladder 修理梯子
- repair a mistake 补救错误
- repair a watch 修表
- repair a wound 治伤
- repair an injustice 纠正不公正的事
- repair an organ 修复器官
- repair boat 修理船
- repair car 修理汽车
- repair deficiency 补偿不足
- repair motor 修理电动机
- repair shoes 补鞋子
- repair terraced fields 修整梯田
- repair the damage 弥补损失
- repair the roads 修路
- repair the tissue of the body 修复人体组织
- repair amply 充分修理
- repair ceaselessly 不停地修理
- repair extensively 大规模修理
- repair hastily 匆忙修理
- repair judiciously 认真细致地修理
- repair medically 医学治疗
- repair partly 部分维修
- repair provisionally 临时维修
- repair technically 技术维修
- repair temporarily 临时维修
- repair to 经常去某地
- carry out repairs 进行维修〔修理〕
- complete repairs 完成修缮
- do repairs 修缮
- need repairs 需要修理
- undergo repairs 进行修理
- annual repair 全年需修量
- bad repair 失修
- big repairs 大修
- capital repairs 大修
- expensive repair 花大钱修理
- extensive repairs 大修
- good repair 良好的维修
- heavy repairs 大修
- major repairs 大修
- minor repairs 小修
- natural repair 自愈
- necessary repairs 必要的修理
- petty repairs 小修
- running repair 临时修理,小修
- small repairs 小修
- thorough repairs 彻底修理
- urgentrepairs 紧急修理
- repair clerk desk 障碍报修台
- repair man 修理工
- repair parts 修理部分,配件,备用零件
- repair piece 配件,备用零件
- repair planting 补植
- repair sheets 修补胶
- repair ship 修理船
- repair shop 修理车间,修理厂
- repair welding 补焊
- beyond repair 无法修补的,无法恢复的
- during repairs 整修期间
- for repairs 要进行修理
- in repair 保养完好的
- in bad repair 失修的,破损的
- in good repair 维修良好,处于完好状态
- out of repair 失修,破损
- under repair 正在修理
- repairs on … 的修理
Jack was incapable of doing..household repairs.出自： G. Sayer
Friendships were..fractured..beyond repair.出自： fig.
I..repaired to a cafe for some food.出自：Bicycle
The Baths..will, I hope, repair my strength.出自： H. L. Piozzi
A builder is repairing someone's leaking roof.出自： D. Dunn
The damage done to Maria in infancy took a lifetime to repair.出自： fig.
- repair主要用作及物动词,后接名词或代词作宾语; 可用于被动结构。偶尔也可用作不及物动词,其主动形式常含有被动意义。
- repair, amend, fix, mend, patch
- We have repaired the motor.我们已经修好了电动机。
- Xiao Wang is repairing desks and chairs in the classroom.小王正在教室里修理桌椅。
- The puncture has been repaired.那个洞被补上了。
- The house must be repaired from top to bottom.这所房子必须彻底进行修理。
- Let me mend the socks for you.让我来给你补袜子。
- The child will soon mend if she has enough to eat.这孩子如果有足够的东西吃就会很快恢复健康。
- The relations between John and David are mending.约翰与戴维的关系在改善。
- It is never too late to mend.改过不嫌晚。
- It is not too late to mend the fold even after some of the sheep have been lost.亡羊补牢,犹未为晚。
- You must amend your pronunciation.你必须改正你的发音。
- The thief has amended.这小偷改过自新了。
- It's time you amended your ways.是你改过自新的时候了。
- The regulations are amended.这些规则被修正了。
- The workman patched the ceiling.工人修补了天花板。
- This piece of material is just right to patch the roof.这块材料正好可用来补屋顶。
- He patched all the fences near the house.他把靠近房子的围墙全都修了。
- repair, maintain
- maintain的意思是“维修”,以免不发生故障; repair的意思是“更新”“恢复原状”。
- My watch wants repairs.
- My watch wants repairing.
- My watch wants to be repaired.
误 The shop is closed during repair.
正 The shop is closed during repairs.
析 during repairs表示“在维修期间”,其中repair表示“维修工作”,是可数名词,并常用复数形式。这座古建筑正在修缮之中。
误 The ancient building is under repairs.
正 The ancient building is under repair.
析 under repair表示“在修理之中”,其中repair表示“修理”,是不可数名词,不能用复数形式。尽管那座桥已用了50多年,但仍然维修良好。
误 Although the bridge has been used for more than fifty years, it is still in a good repair.
正 Although the bridge has been used for more than fifty years, it is still in good repair.
析 in good repair表示“维修良好”。在这个词组中, repair是不可数名词,表示“维修状况”,前面不能加a。我们只好改道,因为前面正在修路。
误 We had to divert, because the road ahead was in repair.
正 We had to divert, because the road ahead was under repair.
析 in repair的意思是in good working condition(状况良好)。“正在被修理”应该是under repair,它相当于being repaired,介词under的意思是“在…中”“在…期间”。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自古法语的reparer，意为修缮；最初源自拉丁语的reparare，意为修复。
- break 打碎
- repairable adj. 可修理的；可恢复的‖repairer n. 修理工