- vt. 找回; 重新获得 find again; regain possession of sth
- vt. 恢复; 重新控制 get back the use of sth; get back the control of sb/sth
- vi. 回复到正常状态 return to a normal state
- get or find back; recover the use of;
"She regained control of herself"
"She found her voice and replied quickly"
- get over an illness or shock;
"The patient is recuperating"
- regain a former condition after a financial loss;
"We expect the stocks to recover to $2.90"
"The company managed to recuperate"
- regain or make up for;
"recuperate one's losses"
- reuse (materials from waste products)
- cover anew;
"recover a chair"
- He's now fully recovered from his stroke.
- He is very ill and unlikely to recover.
- I nearly fell but managed to recover myself.
- I sat down to recover from my agitation.
- The police recovered the stolen jewellery.
- Hung Lo went to battle to recover that horse.
Don't go back to work until you have fully recovered.
With good postoperative care the patient soon recovered.
He fell ill but has completely recovered.
We recovered our invested money in the first year.
We must recover our losses somehow.
We must recover the money.They have no right to charge it.
The skater stumbled but at once recovered himself.
She soon recovered herself and stopped crying.
The athlete soon recovered his breath after the final dash.
He has recovered his reputation as an artist.
The stolen jewels were finally recovered.
Many towns and villages were recovered in that year.
More ammonium sulphate solution is being recovered in the process of distilling oil shale.
Recently a man-made satellite we launched has been recovered.
He was still not fully recovered and his memory was poor.
She was quite recovered by supper.
- recover from (v.+prep.)
从…收回〔取回〕 get back sth from sb/sth recover sth from sb/sth
Don't lend books to your friends; it's difficult to recover the books from them when you want them.不要把书借给你的朋友们,在你需要时,很难从他们那儿把书要回来。
He recovered his football from the neighbour's lawn.他从邻居的草坪上拿回了足球。用于be ～ed结构
It is recovered from its compounds.它从其化合物中被分离出来。
恢复,痊愈 become well; get over recover from sb/sth
A healthy child quickly recovers from a fever.健康的孩子发烧后能很快恢复。
It always takes some time to recover from the shock of someone's death.从某人的逝世所造成的震惊中恢复过来总需要一些时间。
They took a long time to recover from this shock.他们很久才从这一打击中恢复过来。
How long will it be before the nation recovers from its present troubles?这个国家从目前的困境中恢复过来需要多长时间?
She recovered from her surprise, and answered calmly.她从惊慌中恢复过来,并且镇静地给予了回答。
That country hasn't yet recovered from the effects of the war.战争结束以来,那个国家尚未恢复元气。
- 从…收回〔取回〕 get back sth from sb/sth recover sth from sb/sth
- recover consciousness 恢复知觉
- recover damages 得到赔偿
- recover health 恢复健康
- recover lost time 弥补失去的时间
- recover sight 恢复视力
- recover stolen goods 取回被偷的物品
- recover fully〔completely〕 完全康复
- recover gradually 渐渐康复
- recover rapidly 恢复快
- recover slowly 恢复慢
- recover soon 早日康复
Any more than a dead carcase can be recovered to life by a cordial.出自：Swift
A young lady who faints, must be recovered.出自：J. Austen
He..recovered her from an imminent..disease.出自：F. Marryat
- recover用作及物动词时,如以人作主语,则用主动结构; 如以物作主语,则用被动结构。可接名词、代词作宾语。
- recover, reclaim, recoup, recruit, retrieve
这五个词均有“重新得到”的意思。它们的区别是：recover指“失而复得”,可指通过努力而寻回,也可指无意中找到; reclaim可指取回临时寄存的物品,也可指从废弃物品中回收有用的东西; recoup指原告在胜诉后从被告处取得的损害赔偿; recruit指用增加或补充的办法使某物恢复到原来的良好状态。retrieve指经过努力而收回某物或挽回名誉,或指弥补损失或改正错误。例如:The library reclaimed the book he borrowed a year ago.图书馆要求他归还一年前借去的那本书。You should recoup your investment within a year.你应当在一年之内挣回相当于你投资总额的红利。Most of the teachers there are recruited from abroad.那里的大多数教师都是从国外招聘来的。He retrieved his spirits.他精神恢复了。
- recover, restore
这组词的共同意思是“失而复得”。其区别是：1.指恢复某物具体的状况时,多用restore; 指恢复抽象的状况时,常用recover。2.这两个词均可指恢复健康,但使用的句式不同:recover用于recover one's health，只用于主动结构,以人作主语; 而restore则用于restore sb to health，且多用于被动结构。例如:He has recovered his sight.他的视力恢复了。Jack was restored to health.杰克终于恢复了健康。
- recover, reconstruct
这两个词都有“恢复”的意思。它们的区别是：recover通常指人的身体方面的恢复; 而reconstruct主要指经济建设等方面的恢复。例如:We must reconstruct the national economy.我们必须恢复国民经济建设。
误 She has not completely recovered after her illness.
正 She has not completely recovered from her illness.
析 “(病后)恢复”用recover from,其中介词不能用after。
误 She has recovered from her illness for a month.
正 She recovered from her illness a month ago.
正 It is a month since she recovered from her illness.
- ☆ 1300年左进入右英语，直接源自盎格鲁法语的rekeverer；最初源自古典拉丁语的recuperare，意为恢复。
- recover:定义 Recover从损坏的磁盘中恢复可读取的信息。 语法 recover 【Drive:】【Path】 FileName 参数 【Drive:】【Path】 FileName指定要恢复的文件的位置…