- vi. & vt. (使)轻松 make or become less active and worried
- vt. & vi. (使)松弛; 放宽 make or become less stiff or tight; make (effort or control) less severe
- become less tense, rest, or take one's ease;
"He relaxed in the hot tub"
"Let's all relax after a hard day's work"
- make less taut;
"relax the tension on the rope"
- become loose or looser or less tight;
"The noose loosened"
"the rope relaxed"
- cause to feel relaxed;
"A hot bath always relaxes me"
- become less tense, less formal, or less restrained, and assume a friendlier manner;
"our new colleague relaxed when he saw that we were a friendly group"
- make less severe or strict;
"The government relaxed the curfew after most of the rebels were caught"
- become less severe or strict;
"The rules relaxed after the new director arrived"
- make less active or fast;
"He slackened his pace as he got tired"
"Don't relax your efforts now"
- I just want to sit down and relax.
- I felt my shoulders relax a little.
- His muscles relaxed.
- A good massage will relax your tired muscles.
- The music will help to relax you.
- We could relax the procedure slightly in your case.
Relax when you dance.
His index finger tightened on the trigger but then relaxed again.
He relaxed from his study.
His face relaxed in a smile.
We must not relax in our efforts.
She relaxed at the seashore.
He lay back and let his eyes and mind relax.
Let's stop working and relax for half an hour.
A good massage always relaxes me.
Relax your muscles to rest them.
He went out for a walk and relaxed his mind.
A smile relaxed his stern mouth.
You must not relax your efforts for a moment.
You shouldn't relax your attention completely.
Don't relax your efforts because the examinations are over.
We shouldn't relax our vigilance at any time.
That country relaxed its rigid immigration laws.
The regulations can be relaxed only under unusual circumstances.
- relax in〔into〕 (v.+prep.)
舒服地或放松地坐在〔躺在〕… sit comfortably in; let the weight of the body sink into (furniture such as a chair)
When I'm tired,I like to relax in〔into〕 a deep armchair. 我劳累时,喜欢舒舒服服地靠在一把高扶手椅子上休息一下。
因松弛或轻松下来而转入… show less stiffness and anxiety by having or changing into (sth such as an expression of feeling)
His worried face relaxed into a smile of greeting when he recognized us. 他认出我们后,焦虑的面容缓和下来,露出欢迎的笑容。
The crowd relaxed into laughter at the speaker's excellent joke. 演讲者精彩的笑话使人群发出一片笑声,气氛轻松起来。
- 舒服地或放松地坐在〔躺在〕… sit comfortably in; let the weight of the body sink into (furniture such as a chair)
- relax grip〔hold〕 on (v.+n.+prep.)
松开,放开… stop holding (sth or sb) tightly
Pain forced her to relax her grip on the oars. 她痛得松开了握着的双桨。
Please relax your grip on my arm, you're hurting me. 你把我的胳膊抓得好痛,请松开手。
放松对…的控制 cease having or using power over (sb or sth)
The climber dared not to relax his hold on his nerves until he was safely at the top. 那个登山者在安全地登上山顶之前,一直全神贯注,不敢稍有放松。
After a few weeks of firm control, the teacher was able to relax his grip on the class, who continued to obey him out of habit. 几周的严格管理后,这位老师终于放松了对这个班学生的控制,因为他们已习惯于服从他的管教了。
- 松开,放开… stop holding (sth or sb) tightly
- relax one's attention 放松注意力
- relax one's grip 松开手
- relax one's hold 松开手
- relax the muscles 放松肌肉
- relax restrictions 放宽限制
- relax a rule 放宽一项规定
- relax one's vigilance 放松警惕
- relax beneficially 有益地放松
- relax blissfully 极其快乐地放松
- relax completely 完全放松
- relax contentedly 满意地放松
- relax momentarily 顷刻间地放松
- relax refreshingly 使人精神爽快地放松
- relax restfully 平静地放松
- relax totally 全部地放松
The heat relaxed my muscles.出自：J. Tyndall
我经常洗热水澡来放松自己。误:I usually relax myself by taking a hot bath.正:I usually relax by taking a hot bath.
- relax, loosen, slacken
这组词都有“放松”的意思。其区别是：relax指“放松限制,紧张,牢固性或严格性”; loosen应用的范围较广,可用于人或物从平时或暂时的束缚、限制中松开、解开; slacken则强调放松紧张或严格性的程度。
- ☆ 1420年英进入语，直接源自古法语的relaxer；最初源自古典拉丁语的relaxare：re (往后） + laxare (放松，松下），意为放松，松开。
- loosen up放松肌肉
- slow down减速
- put your feet up休息
- take it easy别着急，别激动...
- have a break休息
- chill out冷静下来
- calm down（使)平静
- let go放开, 松手
- ease up缓和
- unlax 使 ... 放松
- slack up松懈
- relax:RELAX这五个字母来说明五个要点。 1. R（readjust），重新定位我们生命的价值 有一句话「紧急的事经常把重要的事给淹没了」。举个例子，每个人都知道健康很重要，可是有多少人每天会去做…