- vt. 把…归档 place in a file; place on record
- vt. 提交(申请等),呈递 send sth so that it may be recorded
- vi. 排成纵队前进 march or walk in the specified direction in a single line
- vt. 用锉锉 cut or shape with a file
- [C]文件夹,公文箱 a box for storing papers in an ordered way in an office
- [C]卷宗,文件; 计算机文件 store of papers on one subject; organized collection of related data or material in a computer
- [C]纵列 line of people or things one behind the other
- a set of related records (either written or electronic) kept together
- a line of persons or things ranged one behind the other
- office furniture consisting of a container for keeping papers in order
- a steel hand tool with small sharp teeth on some or all of its surfaces; used for smoothing wood or metal
- record in a public office or in a court of law;
"file for divorce"
"file a complaint"
- smooth with a file;
"file one's fingernails"
- proceed in line;
"The students filed into the classroom"
- file a formal charge against;
"The suspect was charged with murdering his wife"
- place in a container for keeping records;
"File these bills, please"
- Would you please take a seat while I look into our file?
- Please file those letters.
- Please file the original Articles and return the certified copies to me at the above address.
- If a prisoner is not satisfied with the effective judgment, he may file a petition.
- We regret to inform you that the goods were underweight and we cannot but file a claim against you.
They filed an application to have their case heard early.
It was announced the Vice Director had filed his resignation.
She was filing her nails.
They are filing the teeth of a saw.
Adoption papers were duly filed in May 1974.
He filed the wood smooth.
Try to file the nail sharp.
Fran came in holding a blue file.
Put this letter in the main file.
The soldiers were walking in single file.
- file away (v.+adv.)
存档(备查) store sth where it can be consulted file sth ⇔ away
I'll ask the secretary to file these letters away.我让秘书把这些信件归档。
I'll file his name away for future use.我把他的名字记住,将来有用。
Just file this correspondence away under “Forecasts of Sales”, will you,Miss Brown?布朗小姐,请将这封信件归在“销售预报”一档里,好吗?
They don't read the letters from the peasants.They just file them away.他们对农民的来信并不看而是归档保存起来。
锉掉 remove file away
You have to file away for hours to get this metal smooth.你得锉上几个小时才能使这金属变得光滑。file sth ⇔ away
He files away the rough edges.他把粗毛边锉去。用于be ～ed结构
The owner's name marked on this cigarette lighter has been filed away by the thief.打火机上主人的名字已被这个贼锉掉了。
- 存档(备查) store sth where it can be consulted file sth ⇔ away
- file down (v.+adv.)
将某物锉光滑,锉小 make sth smooth and smaller in size by using a filing file sth ⇔ down
The door won't fit, you'll have to file it down.这门关不上,你得把它锉一锉 。
File down the woodwork before you paint it.上油漆前,先把这木器打磨光滑。
My nails are too long,I must file them down.我的指甲太长了,必须把它们磨小。
- 将某物锉光滑,锉小 make sth smooth and smaller in size by using a filing file sth ⇔ down
- file for (v.+prep.)
〈美〉申请,诉之法律 apply to; bring an action to a lawcourt file for sth
The actor's wife has filed for divorce again .这位演员的妻子再一次申请离婚。
How many people have filed for this office?有好多人申请进入这办事处工作吗?
- 〈美〉申请,诉之法律 apply to; bring an action to a lawcourt file for sth
- file in (v.+prep.)
鱼贯而入 march into file in some place
The students filed in the classroom.学生们鱼贯而入教室。
- 鱼贯而入 march into file in some place
- file onto (v.+prep.)
排成纵队朝某方向前进 march in the specified direction in a single line file onto sth
The men filed onto the parade ground.士兵们排成单行进入阅兵场。
- 排成纵队朝某方向前进 march in the specified direction in a single line file onto sth
- file out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
鱼贯而出 go out in a single file out of sth
The jury filed out of the courtroom.陪审员们从法庭里鱼贯而出。
When there is a fire, people file out of the building in an orderly way.失火时,人们要一个接一个地离开大楼。
- 鱼贯而出 go out in a single file out of sth
- file past (v.+prep.)
走过 go past file past sth
The soldiers filed past the general.士兵们排成单行从将军面前走过。
Hundreds of people filed past the body of the dead leader, to pay their last respects.数百人排队瞻仰逝世领导人的遗容。
- 走过 go past file past sth
- file through (v.+prep.)
锉断 file sth to be broken
The prisoner had filed through the steel bars and escaped. 那囚犯锉断钢条逃跑了。
排队行进 march through in a single file sth through sth
The undergrowth was so thick that we had to file our way through it.下层灌木丛太密,我们只得成纵队行进。
- 锉断 file sth to be broken
- file with (v.+prep.)
提交 give sth to file sth with sb/sth
He has filed his resignation with the manager.他已向经理提出辞呈。
She filed an application with several employment agencies.她已经向几个职业介绍所提交了求职申请书。
He filed an accusation with the police.他向警方申诉。用于be ～ed结构
A lot of applications have been filed with the department.这个部门接到许多求职申请书。
The document has been filed with the director.文件已经交给主任了。
- 提交 give sth to file sth with sb/sth
- file on
有关…的资料 material about sth
The police have a file on him. 警方存有他的档案。
- 有关…的资料 material about sth
- on file
存档,有案可查 kept in a file
This card should be kept on file for reference. 此卡应归档备查。
Do you have an application on file with us? 你向我们提出的申请书有案可查吗?
- 存档,有案可查 kept in a file
- the rank and file
列兵,普通老百姓 soldiers; common people
The payment offered to the rank and file is extremely poor. 列兵的待遇极低。
- 列兵,普通老百姓 soldiers; common people
- file away 把…归档,排成纵队出发,把…锉平
- file away letters 把信件归档
- file away the rough edges 把粗边锉平
- file off 排成纵队出发
- file out 鱼贯而出,陆续退出
- file by 成纵队走过
- file for 提出…申请
- file for divorce 申请离婚
- file for a job 申请就业
- file in 鱼贯而入,陆续编入
- file into 成纵队进入
- file into the room 鱼贯而入房间
- file on application 提出申请书
- file out of the room 鱼贯走出房间
- file past 成纵队走过…
- file past the rostrum 列队走过检阅台
- confidential file 机密档案
- file name 档案名
He nodded at a manilla file reposing on his otherwise immaculate desk.出自：D. Lodge
His..wife sat filing her fingernails.出自：C. McCullers
I sent the silly thing to headquarters, but they will have filed it among the other missives of madmen.出自：A. Burgess
The inspection report has already been filed with the manager.
- file与keep on file意思不同，keep on file有存档的意思。
- file, line, row
这三个词都有“行,列”的意思。其区别在于：1.row指横向有秩序排成的一行。2.file指一群人以一个接一个的方式纵向站立或行走的队列。例如:They walked in a file down the hill.他们排成队一个接着一个地走下山。3.line既可指横列,也可指纵列,多用于抽象事物。例如:The number of passengers by this line fell off slightly in January.1月份这条航线的乘客数量略有减少。The enemy fell back on the second line of defence.敌人退守第二道防线。
- ☆ 15世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的filer，意为将文件串在一线丝上，以便保存及查阅。
- FILE:Feature Identification and Landmark Experiment (NASA)特征识别和标志性的实验(NASA)
- FILE:Free Internet Lexicon and Encyclopedia免费的网络词汇和百科全书
- FILE:Friends of Immigration Law Enforcement朋友的移民执法
- file:英文原义：File Protocol 中文释义：本地文件传输协议 注解：File协议主要用于访问本地计算机中的文件，就如同在Windows资源管理器中打开文件一样。 应 用：要使用File协议，基本的…