- 【计】 驱动器
- 【网】抽球 ，用力击球
- vt. 驱赶 force to go
- vt. & vi. 驾驶 move or travel (in a vehicle with more than two wheels)while guiding and controlling it
- vt. 驱使,促使 force (sb) to act
- vt. 敲,击 go in a specified direction or into a specified position
- [C]乘车旅行 journey in a car
- [C]路程 journey
- [C]击球 stroke made by driving in tennis, golf, cricket
- [C]私人车道 private road, etc. by which vehicles can approach a house from the road or street
- [C][U]传动,驱动 transmission of power to machinery
- [C]运动,攻势 organized effort or campaign to achieve
- [C][U]欲望 desire to attain a goal or satisfy a need
- [U]干劲,积极性,能动性 energy, ability to get things done
- [C]紧迫,逼迫,压力 being by force
- [C]打击,冲击 strike
- the act of applying force to propel something;
"after reaching the desired velocity the drive is cut off"
- a mechanism by which force or power is transmitted in a machine;
"a variable speed drive permitted operation through a range of speeds"
- a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end;
"he supported populist campaigns"
"they worked in the cause of world peace"
"the team was ready for a drive toward the pennant"
"the movement to end slavery"
"contributed to the war effort"
- a road leading up to a private house;
"they parked in the driveway"
- the trait of being highly motivated;
"his drive and energy exhausted his co-workers"
- hitting a golf ball off of a tee with a driver;
"he sliced his drive out of bounds"
- the act of driving a herd of animals overland
- a journey in a vehicle (usually an automobile);
"he took the family for a drive in his new car"
- a physiological state corresponding to a strong need or desire
- (computer science) a device that writes data onto or reads data from a storage medium
- a wide scenic road planted with trees;
"the riverside drive offers many exciting scenic views"
- (sports) a hard straight return (as in tennis or squash)
- operate or control a vehicle;
"drive a car or bus"
"Can you drive this four-wheel truck?"
- travel or be transported in a vehicle;
"We drove to the university every morning"
"They motored to London for the theater"
- cause someone or something to move by driving;
"She drove me to school every day"
"We drove the car to the garage"
- force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically;
"She rammed her mind into focus"
"He drives me mad"
- to compel or force or urge relentlessly or exert coercive pressure on, or motivate strongly;
"She is driven by her passion"
- cause to move back by force or influence;
"repel the enemy"
"push back the urge to smoke"
"beat back the invaders"
- compel somebody to do something, often against his own will or judgment;
"She finally drove him to change jobs"
- push, propel, or press with force;
"Drive a nail into the wall"
- cause to move rapidly by striking or throwing with force;
"drive the ball far out into the field"
- strive and make an effort to reach a goal;
"She tugged for years to make a decent living"
"We have to push a little to make the deadline!"
"She is driving away at her doctoral thesis"
- move into a desired direction of discourse;
"What are you driving at?"
- have certain properties when driven;
"This car rides smoothly"
"My new truck drives well"
- work as a driver;
"He drives a bread truck"
"She drives for the taxi company in Newark"
- move by being propelled by a force;
"The car drove around the corner"
- urge forward;
"drive the cows into the barn"
- proceed along in a vehicle;
"We drive the turnpike to work"
- strike with a driver, as in teeing off;
"drive a golf ball"
- hit very hard, as by swinging a bat horizontally;
"drive a ball"
- excavate horizontally;
"drive a tunnel"
- cause to function by supplying the force or power for or by controlling;
"The amplifier drives the tube"
"steam drives the engines"
"this device drives the disks for the computer"
- hunting: search for game;
"drive the forest"
- hunting: chase from cover into more open ground;
"drive the game"
- He is too little to drive a car.
- Don't drink and drive.
- They got a cat to drive out the mice.
- A man driven by jealousy is capable of anything.
- Loneliness almost drived her mad.
- We went for a drive in the afternoon.
- He mislaid his principles in the drive for success.
- He is clever but he won't succeed because he lacks drive.
- There is no disk in the selected drive.
If you drink, don't drive.
Drivers must not drink and drive.
I want to learn to drive next month.
The snow was driving in our faces.
The car drives easily.
This car drives well.
He drives a taxi.
My car is in such bad condition that I can't drive it.
When unemployed,I went to drive a tricycle.
The man drives the train from London to York.
They drove the train from Beijing to Guangzhou.
Don't drive me.
I drove him to the station.
He drives the horse to the market.
The hot gas is used to produce steam which will drive electricity generators.
The woman boss drives her workers hard.
He drives the team relentlessly.
They were driving a new motorway across a mountain range.
He drove a good bargain last Sunday.
Such trains can be driven by jet engines.
Most people have been driven by his brave deeds.
You drive me mad when you say that.
That music drives her crazy.
He was nearly driven mad by his troubles.
They had driven Widow Sun to jump into the river.
What drove her to do such a terrible thing?
The workers were driven by their boss to finish the job.
They were driven by sheer necessity to sell some of their treasures.
They were driven to work even when they were ill.
They went for a drive.
Shall we go for a drive round the city?
Come with us for a drive in the country.
We were talking and singing on the long drives between towns.
The jeep bumped on, often in four-wheel drive.
May I park my car on your drive for a while?
The winding drive leads to the top of the hill.
He pulled up a car in the cottage drive.
I live at 3995 University Drive.
The club is having a membership drive.
The drive on the party is gaining momentum.
Hunger, thirst and sex are among the strongest human drives.
He never lets up for a moment, it's always drive, drive, drive.
Our sales people need determination and drive.
He is intelligent but he won't succeed because he lacks drive.
The profit drive dominated the entire company at the expense of its other responsibilities.
I'm in such a drive that I can't expatiate.
He pushed in the door with one drive of his should.
He rinsed under the drive of the sharp, jetted shower.
- drive against (v.+prep.)
敲打 hit at
The rain was driving against the windows. 雨点敲打在窗户上。
The German Fascists intended to drive against Moscow after that. 德国法西斯打算在这之后进攻莫斯科。
- 敲打 hit at
- drive at (v.+prep.)
暗示,意指 suggest; intend; hint drive at sth
What was he driving at?他打的什么主意?
I can't guess what you are driving at.我猜不到你用意何在。
What on earth are you driving at?你究竟是什么意思?
- 暗示,意指 suggest; intend; hint drive at sth
- drive away (v.+adv.)
驱车离开,开走 leave in a vehicle; move a vehicle away drive away
The guests got into their cars and drove away .客人们进了汽车,开走了。drive sb/sth ⇔ away
The Minister drove his important visitor away.部长用车把他的贵客送走了。
He drove the car away.他开车走了。
把…驱开,赶走 make...go away drive sb/sth ⇔ away
Don't drive people away who want to help you.不要把那些想帮助你的人赶走。
Cavemen used fire to drive away wild animals.原始人用火驱赶野兽。
What can I do to drive away these feelings of sadness?我怎么才能摆脱这些苦恼呢?
- 驱车离开,开走 leave in a vehicle; move a vehicle away drive away
- drive away at (v.+adv.+prep.)
努力做,孜孜不倦地干 work hard at drive away at sth
He was still driving away at his dictionary.他仍在努力地编字典。
When we called on him, he was driving away at his thesis.我们去拜访他的时候,他正在埋头写论文。
- 努力做,孜孜不倦地干 work hard at drive away at sth
- drive back (v.+adv.)
驾车返回,驱车返回 return in a car drive back
He drove back.他驾车回来了。drive sb/sth ⇔ back
He drove his car back.他驾车回来了。
She drove everyone back after the party.聚会后,她把每个人都送到家。
迫使后退 repel; repulse drive sb/sth ⇔ back
The soldiers drove back the enemy with heavy losses.战士们迫使敌人遭受沉重损失退了回去。用于 be ～ed 结构
The enemy were driven back with great loss.敌人被赶回去了,损失惨重。
- 驾车返回,驱车返回 return in a car drive back
- drive down1 (v.+adv.)
压低 subject to pressure to bring about change drive sth ⇔ down
The corporate giants try to drive down wages in order to make superprofits.公司巨头们企图压低工资以获得超额利润。
向下〔南〕开〔赶〕 steer a car, etc. down drive down
The car was driving down.车正向南驶去。drive sth ⇔ down
I drive the car down.我驾车驶下去。
She drove the pigs down to the creek for a bath.她把猪赶到小河里去洗澡。
- 压低 subject to pressure to bring about change drive sth ⇔ down
- drive down2 (v.+prep.)
沿着…向下开〔走〕 steer a car, etc. down drive sth down sth
The boy was driving the sheep down the hill.男孩子正把羊赶下山。
- 沿着…向下开〔走〕 steer a car, etc. down drive sth down sth
- drive in (v.+adv.)
驶进 steer a car in drive in
I watched them drive in.我看着他们驶进来。drive sth ⇔ in
He drove the car in.他把汽车开进来。
I'll open the doors and you can drive the car straight in.我开门,你才能直接开车进来。
打入 hammer in drive sth ⇔ in
He drove the nails in.他把钉子钉了进去。
强行灌输 introduce by force drive sth ⇔ in
The point I'm trying to drive in is that you won't pass the examination unless you start doing some work.我极力想让你们理解的一点就是:除非你们现在开始用功,不然你们就不会通过这次考试。
- 驶进 steer a car in drive in
- drive into (v.+prep.)
赶进 steer in drive sb/sth into sth
He drove cows into the house.他把母牛赶进屋。用于 be ～ed 结构
The cows were driven into the barn.牛被赶进了牲口棚。
敲入 hit a nail into sth drive into sth
The harpoon drove deep into the body of the whale.渔叉深深地扎进鲸鱼体内。drive sth into sth
He drove a nail into the wall.他把钉子钉在墙上。
He drove a nail into the door.他把一枚钉子钉进门里。
He drove a knife into his enemy.他用刀子戳敌人。
The pile engine drove the pile into the river bank.打桩机把木桩打进河堤。用于 be ～ed 结构
A wooden stake was driven firmly into the ground.木桩被牢牢钉进地里。
灌输 cause sth to be learnt, understood or remembered, especially by using a lot of repetition drive sth into sb/sth
Can't you drive some manners into the boy?难道你不能教这孩子懂些礼貌?drive it into sb that/wh-clause
I tried to drive it into him that his drinking was harmful to himself and others.我试图让他认识到,像他这样饮酒对自己和别人都是有害的。
How can I drive it into him why he shouldn't drink so much?我怎样才能让他明白为什么他不应该喝这么多酒?
迫使处于(某种)状态 force sb in some situation drive sb into sth
The failure drove him into despair.这次失败使他绝望了。
Oppression drove the workers into strike.压迫逼得工人们起来罢工。
He drove many of the peasants into bankruptcy.他迫使许多农民破产。
- 赶进 steer in drive sb/sth into sth
- drive off1 (v.+adv.)
驾车离去,驶去 steer a car, etc. off drive off
He drove off.他把车开走了。
The man got into his car and drove off.那男人上了汽车就开走了。
The car drove off early in the morning.汽车一大早就开走了。drive sth ⇔ off
He drove his car off.他把车开走了。
赶走,击退 force away or back; repel, repulse drive sb/sth ⇔ off
The soldiers drove off one attack after another.战士们击退了一次又一次进攻。
The medicine will help to drive the disease off.这种药有助于祛除这种病。用于 be ～ed 结构
A crowd in the square was driven off.广场上的一群人被驱散了。
- 驾车离去,驶去 steer a car, etc. off drive off
- drive off2 (v.+prep.)
使…偏离 make (sth/sb) separate drive sth off sth
The wind drove the ship off its course.这场风迫使该船偏离航道。
- 使…偏离 make (sth/sb) separate drive sth off sth
- drive on1 (v.+adv.)
继续开车 continue to drive drive on
He saw the accident but drove on.他看到了事故,但继续驾车前行。
He drove on after the rain stopped.雨停后,他继续开车。
The man drove on through the night.这个男人连夜开车。
煽动,鼓励 incite; encourage drive sb ⇔ on
She drove him on to commit murder.她唆使他去谋杀。
- 继续开车 continue to drive drive on
- drive on2 (v.+prep.)
撞在…上 come against with force drive on sth
In the storm our ship drove on the rocks.在狂风暴雨中,我们的船触礁了。
- 撞在…上 come against with force drive on sth
- drive out (v.+adv.)
开车出去 steer a car, etc. out drive out
They drove out through the gate.他们开车出了大门。
We drove some miles out into the country.我们开车数英里到农村去。
驱逐,驱散 expel drive sb/sth ⇔ out
I watched them drive the cattle out.我看着他们把牛赶出去。drive sb/sth out of sth
She tried to drive the evil thoughts out of her mind.她尽量驱走心中的邪念。
In the morning, the wind rose and drove the dark clouds out of the sky.早上起了风,驱散了天上的乌云。
We drove the invaders out of their positions.我们把入侵者驱赶出他们的阵地。
They decided to drive him out of the country.他们决定将他驱逐出境。
The tragedy drove her out of her mind.这一悲剧使她神经错乱。
The insult drove him out of his senses.这种侮辱使他气得发疯。用于 be ～ed 结构
The enemy was driven out of the country.敌人被赶出国境。
Please don't be late again without telephoning.I was nearly driven out of my mind with worry.如果你不能按时回来,就要打电话说一声,我担心得要命。
将球击出界 hit or strike with force drive sth ⇔ out
He drove the ball out.他把球击了出去。
He drove the ball out of the court.他把球踢出场外。
挖 bore (a tunnel) drive sth ⇔ out
The workers drove out a long tunnel.工人们挖出一条长长的隧道。
- 开车出去 steer a car, etc. out drive out
- drive over1 (v.+adv.)
开车前往 drive to somewhere drive over
We shall drive over to see you next week.我们下星期开车来看你。
- 开车前往 drive to somewhere drive over
- drive over2 (v.+prep.)
(开)车从…碾过 go across sth by driving
In the fog the motorist did not see the man lying in the road, and drove over him. 在雾中司机没看见有人躺在地上,就开车从他身上辗了过去。
从…掠过 drive by
Dark clouds drove over the sky. 乌云在天空疾驰。
- (开)车从…碾过 go across sth by driving
- drive through (v.+prep.)
驾(车)穿过 steer a car across sth drive through sth
From Simao we drove southward through the mountains towards Jinghong.我们的车子从思茅往南开,经过丛山,开往景洪。
- 驾(车)穿过 steer a car across sth drive through sth
- drive up (v.+adv.)
驱车来到 steer a car, etc. up drive up
Just then a friend drove up and gave me a ride.正在那时,一个朋友开车过来,让我搭了他的车。drive up to sth
Then we drove up to a red gate.然后我们的车开到一座红门前。
We drove right up to the front door.我们将车一直开到前门。
使…上升 subject to pressure to bring about change up drive sth ⇔ up
The shortage of bread will probably drive prices up.面包短缺很有可能迫使价格上涨。
- 驱车来到 steer a car, etc. up drive up
- a...drive from
离某地(若干时间)的路 journey of one place to another place
The rolling stock factory was about a half-hour drive from our hotel. 机车车辆厂离我们住的旅馆大约有半小时的路程。
It's an hour's drive from here to London. 从这里到伦敦有一小时的路程。
- 离某地(若干时间)的路 journey of one place to another place
- a drive to
通向…的路 lead to road
He'll build a drive to his house. 他将修一条直到他房子的路。
- 通向…的路 lead to road
- drive toward(s)
向某地的进军 attack one place
The team did not relent in their drive towards the goal. 该队对球门的进攻没有减弱。
- 向某地的进军 attack one place
- drive a ball right out of the court 将球打至球场外
- drive a car 开车
- drive a matter to the last moment 把问题拖延到最后一刻
- drive a nail through a wall 把钉子钉进墙壁
- drive a railway through the desert 在沙漠开通铁路
- drive a ship 开轮船
- drive a tractor 开拖拉机
- drive a train 开火车
- drive cattle to pasture 把牛赶至牧场
- drive children to 驾车送孩子到…
- drive foreign goods out of the market 将进口货逐出市场
- drive one's own car 驾驶某人自己的汽车
- drive the boy 逼迫男孩
- drive the enemy out of our country 把敌人从我们国家赶出去
- drive the mill with water power 用水能驱动粉碎机
- drive ashore 向岸边行驶
- drive hard 工作辛苦
- drive slow 开得很慢
- drive well 驾驶得很好
- drive briskly 敏捷地驾驶
- drive cautiously 谨慎地驾驶
- drive electrically 用电力发动机器
- drive helplessly 无助地驾驶
- drive irresistibly 不可抗拒地驱使
- drive masterfully 专横地驱使
- drive oppressively 迫使
- drive steadily 平稳地驾驶
- drive tensely 加紧驱赶
- drive about on bicycle 骑自行车到处逛
- drive away 乘车走,开着车走掉
- drive away an enemy 赶走敌人
- drive away at 一心做
- drive away at one's work 一心做自己的工作
- drive back 驾车返回,迫使…后退
- drive down 驾车驶去
- drive home 把…敲入,使完全插入,把…讲得透彻有力
- drive in 驾车驶进
- drive off 把车开走,驱散,清除,打败〔退〕
- drive off a crowd 赶跑一群人
- drive on 继续往前开
- drive out 用车把…送出,驾车外出,逐出,排斥,排出
- drive out the enemy 把敌人赶出去
- drive out into the country 驾车到郊外去玩
- drive up 开了过来,抬高,使上
- drive across the field 驱车越过田野
- drive across the sky 在天空疾驰
- drive against the window 击窗
- drive along 沿…行驶
- drive along the beach 沿海滩行驶
- drive at 意指,用意在于,指望,想,打算
- drive before the wind 顺风行驶
- drive down 沿…行驶
- drive from 从…赶下
- drive into 用车把…送进,赶进,敲进
- drive into a corner 逼入困境
- drive out of 驱逐
- drive out of country 赶出国土
- drive sb out of his mind 把某人逼疯,使某人神经错乱
- drive over 压过
- drive through 乘车开过
- drive through a place 驾车经过某地
- drive to 驱车前往
- drive to a hotel 驾车送…到旅馆
- drive to school 驾车送…上学
- drive to station 送…到车站
- drive toward 朝…推进
- drive with 为…驾驶
- build a drive 修一条车道
- have drive 发奋积极性
- lack drive 缺乏进取心
- launch a drive 发起一场运动
- lose drive 丧失了积极性
- take a drive 驱车游玩
- advertising drive 宣传运动
- arms drive 军备竞赛
- bridge drive 桥牌比赛
- crosscountry drive 驾车越野旅行
- export drive 出口鼓励
- fundraising drive 筹集资金运动
- production drives 生产运动
- propaganda drive 宣传运动
- sales drive 销售运动
After the tiger has killed a buffalo, there is much art required in the conduct of the drive.出自：S. W. Baker
Cowboys returning home after the drives.出自：J. M. Hunter
When it is mainly saw-logs that are cut, the fully improved streams make the drive easy.出自：C. Mair
I helped to drive sheep to the local market.出自：J. Buchan
drive和ride的比较：两者都属于不及物动词。drive表示“乘坐完全或部分地属于自己管理的车。 ride表示“乘坐不是自己管理的车”。 美国人还将ride用于表示“乘船”。 两者作名词时，有类似的不同点；
He is driving in his own car.
He is driving in a friend's car.
He is riding in a bus.
He is riding in a steamer.
He is driving a car.
He is driving in a car.
- 美式英语中a drive to raise funds表示“筹款运动”，a membership drive表示“征求会员运动”。
- drive的基本意思是“向前运动”,主要指操纵车辆运动的施动者本身的动作,而不管车辆是自己驱动还是牲畜牵拉; drive也可指乘车运动,引申可表示任何运动的物体“猛冲”“急跑”。
- drive也可作“传动”“驱动”“驱动机构”解,引申表示“运动”,指团体为某项特别目的而做的有计划的努力,主要用于美式英语,英式英语常用campaign, drive在美式英语中也可作“进攻”“攻势”解,英式英语表示此义则用offensive。
- drive表示“人类基本的欲望或本能的要求”时,可用作可数名词,也可用作不可数名词; 引申表示“干劲”“积极性”“能动性”时,为不可数名词。
- drive在英式英语中可以表示“玩纸牌的比赛”。例如:a bridge〔whist〕 drive桥牌〔慧斯特纸牌〕比赛。
- drive, fly, pilot, ride, steer
这五个词都可表示“驾驶”。其区别是：开汽车时用drive; 驾驶轮船用pilot; 骑自行车用ride; 如果表示操纵汽车、轮船或自行车的方向,就用steer; 但谈及飞机时, fly和pilot这两个既可表示“驾驶”又表示操纵飞机的方向。例如:He was driving car along the road.他沿着马路行驶。Can you ride a bicycle?你会骑自行车吗?He was the first man ever to fly that type of aircraft.他是驾驶那种飞机的第一人。She steered with one hand while trying to adjust the rear-view mirror with the other.她用一只手操纵方向盘,而用另一只手调整后视镜。He piloted a ship through the canal.他引领着船只通过运河。
- drive, cause
- His illness caused him to miss the game.
- The noise outside the building nearly drove me mad.
- You must drive your advice into his head again.
- drive in, ride in
drive in和ride in都表示“乘车”。其区别是：drive in后面跟的“车”通常是完全或部分地由自己管理的车或自己开的车,而ride in后面跟的“车”则通常指并不属于自己管理,也不是自己开的车。例如:
- They drove back in a grey car.
- They were riding in a bus when this hap- pened.
- drive, actuate, move, prompt
这组词均有促使某人按某种方式行动的意思。其区别是：move为一般用语,不强调动因是外部力量还是个人的动机; actuate为正式用语,动因来自一种强大的内在力量,如强烈的感情、欲望或信念; drive指持续不断地向前推进,或指受内力或外力的驱使; prompt多用于动因不太重要的场合。例如:He is actuated not by kindness but by ambition.他并非出于好心,而是出于个人野心。They drove to the station.他们开车到车站去。The sight of the ships prompted thoughts of his distant home.看到船他便想起遥远的故乡。
- drive, walk
- The hotel is 10-minute walk from here.
- The hotel is a half-hour drive from the centre of the city.
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的dirfan；最初源自原始日耳曼语的dirbanan，意为驱动，用力。
- DRIVE:Dedicated Road Infrastructure for Vehicle Safety in Europe保障车辆安全的欧洲道路基础设施计划
- DRIVE:Democrat Republican Independent Voter Education美国民主党总统候选人提名的共和党选民的教育
- DRIVE:Dynamic Resolution Intensive Vector Enhancement动态的决议,密集的向量的提高
- drive:drive n. 驾车, 驱动器, 快车道, 推进力, 驱使, 动力, 干劲, 击球vt. 开车, 驱赶, 推动、发动(机器等), 驾驶(马车,汽车等)vi. 开车, 猛击, 飞跑n. [计]驱动器…