- [C]线索,端倪 sth, such as an object or a piece of information, that helps to find an answer to a question, difficulty, or mystery
a slight indication
evidence that helps to solve a problem
roll into a ball
- There is no clue to the identity of the thief.
- We have no clue as to where she went after she left home.
- They are now trying to chase down all possible clues.
- I gave him another clue, but he still didn't twig (the answer).
- Police have still found no clues as to the whereabouts of the missing woman.
- I'll never guess the answer.Give me another clue!
- She hasn't a clue about computers.