(computer science) a graphic symbol (usually a simple picture) that denotes a program or a command or a data file or a concept in a graphical user interface
a visual representation (of an object or scene or person or abstraction) produced on a surface;
"they showed us the pictures of their wedding"
"a movie is a series of images projected so rapidly that the eye integrates them"
a conventional religious painting in oil on a small wooden panel; venerated in the Eastern Church
- An icon is something that somebody else makes you.
- Britney's success has made her an icon to millions of fans all over the world.
- He is most famous for his Westerns, and became an enduring American icon.
- Koalas are considered an Australian national icon.
- Click on the icon when you want to print.
He's not just any American. He is an icon.出自： D. Bolger
He can become a gay icon.出自： C. Bateman