- [C]支持物，持有者；(支票等)持有人 a person or thing that holds sth; person who has sth at his disposal or in his possession
a holding device;
"a towel holder"
"a cigarette holder"
"an umbrella holder"
a person who holds something;
"they held two hostages"
"he holds the trophy"
"she holds a United States passport"
the person who is in possession of a check or note or bond or document of title that is endorsed to him or to whoever holds it;
"the bond was marked `payable to bearer'"
- He is a holder of an insurance policy.
- She is a Brritish passport holder.
- Season- ticket holder will receive a refund if their train is cancelled.
- Debenture holder has priority over ordinary shareholder .
- This plant of pot holder is his birthday present.
- I'm used to smoking with a cigarette holder.
- The bottom of the candle is fused with its holder.
- He bought a cigar holder for his father yesterday.
- He is the holder of three world records.
- She is a multiple job holder.
- No one but ticket-holders were admitted.
The holder of a horse at Tellson's door.出自： Dickens