- 把...装箱，把...装盒 ，给...装上罩壳
- 围困，包围 ，拦挡
- [C]盒,匣,箱 a container for solid objects or substances, usually with stiff straight sides and often with a lid
- [C]一盒之量 the amount a box will hold
- [C]电话亭 telephone booth
- [U]包厢 a small room or enclosed space; a small enclosed space with seats in a theatre, separate from the main seating area
- [S]电视机 television
- [C]邮政信箱 a PO Box
- [U]困境 difficult position
- [C]巴掌,耳光 hitting on the ears
- vt. 把…装入盒中 put in a box or boxes
- vt. & vi. 拳击 fight sb with the closed hands/fists, usually with thick gloves for sport
- a (usually rectangular) container; may have a lid;
"he rummaged through a box of spare parts"
- private area in a theater or grandstand where a small group can watch the performance;
"the royal box was empty"
- the quantity contained in a box;
"he gave her a box of chocolates"
- a predicament from which a skillful or graceful escape is impossible;
"his lying got him into a tight corner"
- a rectangular drawing;
"the flowchart contained many boxes"
- evergreen shrubs or small trees
- any one of several designated areas on a ball field where the batter or catcher or coaches are positioned;
"the umpire warned the batter to stay in the batter's box"
- the driver's seat on a coach;
"an armed guard sat in the box with the driver"
- separate partitioned area in a public place for a few people;
"the sentry stayed in his box to avoid the cold"
- a blow with the hand (usually on the ear);
"I gave him a good box on the ear"
- put into a box;
"box the gift, please"
- hit with the fist;
"I'll box your ears!"
- engage in a boxing match
- He has eaten a whole box of chocolates.
- It's quite an effort to lift this heavy box.
- They have reserved a box for us in the theatre.
- The jurors filed into court one by one and took their places in the jury box.
- I gave him a good box on the ear.
- She gave him a box on his ears.
- This spoon is made by box wood.
- This spoon is made by box wood.
- The oranges were boxed and sent off quickly.
- They were boxed up in a small shed during the flood.
- One of the runners got boxed in on the final bend.
- Paul will box his opponent tomorrow evening.
- I'll box your ears if you say that again.
The box shuts easily.
Would you help me lift these heavy boxes?
He snapped down the lid of the box.
He built those pieces of wood into a box.
I ate a whole box of chocolates.
The car slowed down and pulled up by the telephone box.
Will you drop the letter into the mail box on your way home?
I hate all these old films they keep showing on the box every night.
Although the box is good in quality, it costs an arm and a leg and at present I cannot afford it.
She combined watching on the box with writing to her parents.
The box motor hummed.
Put the whisky in the box to chill.
The boxes warmly applauded the famous violinist.
John Wayne's last movie was a regular box office.
The movie will be good box office.
Peace is fun.Peace is box office.Peace diverts critics.Peace is good for you.
和平令人高兴; 和平上座率高; 和平使你免遭抨击; 和平确实对你有好处。
When he asked me to go in,I felt in a box.
The police man gave the thief a box on the ear.
Does he box?
The boxer did not box fairly.
They boxed the furniture.
He boxed all his things.
She boxed a horse.
She boxed an item on the front page.
He boxed the compass.
John and Paul boxed each other.
He boxed his opponent with great skill.
One of the way to deal with him is to box his ears in the first few minutes, so as to knock the stuffing out of him.
She boxed her opponent's jaw.
The books were boxed and sent off quickly.
- box in (v.+adv.)
包住,围住,限制 enclose with a box or sth like a box; limit the movement of sb/sth box sb/sth ⇔ in
Some fool parked his car too close to mine and boxed me in.哪个笨蛋把车紧挨着我的车停下,把我困在里面出不来了。
They boxed the garden in with fences.他们立起篱笆把花园围住。用于 be ～ed 结构
The American is running on the outside of the track after being cleverly boxed in by his opponents earlier in the race.比赛开始时,那位美国人被他的对手们巧妙地夹在中间,现在他正在跑道的外侧奔跑。
The whole army was boxed in by the enemy and had no hope of escape.全军被敌人紧紧包围,没有逃脱的希望。
The bathroom would look much nicer if the pipes were boxed in.如果把这些管子嵌入墙内,浴室就要好看得多了。
- 包住,围住,限制 enclose with a box or sth like a box; limit the movement of sb/sth box sb/sth ⇔ in
- box off (v.+adv.)
分隔 separate sth box sth ⇔ off
You could box off the area under the stairs to make a cupboard.你可以把楼梯下那块地方隔成一只小橱。
The police boxed off the area into smaller parts for better control.为了便于管理,警察把这个区分隔成若干小块。
They have boxed the area off into separate sections.他们已将这一区域划分成单独的方形地块。用于 be ～ed 结构
We are each boxed off in our own little offices.我们各自隔离在自己的小办公室里。
- 分隔 separate sth box sth ⇔ off
- box out (v.+adv.)
通过拳击分胜负 success or failure by hitting box sth ⇔ out
They wanted to box it out.他们想用拳头分出个胜负。
- 通过拳击分胜负 success or failure by hitting box sth ⇔ out
- box up (v.+adv.)
装箱 put in boxes, package
The workers are boxing up goods. 工人们正在把货物装箱。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
When Harry went to sea, his things were boxed up and put in the storeroom. 哈利出海时,把东西都装了箱,放在了仓库里。
Your books have to be boxed up to send to the university. 你那些书必须装箱以便寄往大学。
The goods have been boxed up and are ready to go. 货物已装箱待发。
用木板封闭 close (a space) with boards of wood
You'd better box up the doorway until we can get a new door. 在我们装新门之前,你最好用木板把门道封起来。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
She feels very boxed up in that tiny flat. 她在那套小公寓房里有一种压抑感。
The family was boxed up in a small shed on the hill during the flood. 洪水泛滥把这一家人困在山上的一间小棚里。
- 装箱 put in boxes, package
- break up a box 把箱子拆了
- carry a box 携带箱子
- close a box 关上箱子
- mail a box 邮寄箱子
- make a box 做箱子
- open a box 打开盒子
- pack a box 包装箱子
- send a box 寄送箱子
- tear a box open 把盒子撕开
- tie up a box with 用…捆箱子
- weigh a box 称箱子的重量
- black box 黑匣子
- empty box 空箱子
- heavy box 沉重的箱子
- musical box 〈英〉音乐盒
- poor box 济贫捐款箱
- strong box 保险箱,结实的箱子
- wooden box 木箱
- call box 〈英〉电话间
- cardboard box 纸箱
- Christmas box 圣诞节礼物盒
- feeding box 进料箱
- iron box 铁箱
- letter box 〈英〉信箱
- lunch box 午餐盒
- make-up box 化妆匣
- match box 火柴盒
- money box 钱箱
- music box 〈美〉音乐盒
- phone box 公用电话亭
- police box 警察亭,岗哨亭
- press box 记者席
- safe-deposit box 保险箱
- sentry box 哨亭
- shoe box 鞋盒
- signal box 〈英〉铁路的信号塔
- square box 正方形盒子
- suggestion box 意见箱
- telephone box 〈英〉电话间
- tool box 工具箱
- box carelessly 草率地把…装入盒中
- box casually 漫不经心地把…装入盒中
- box cautiously 小心翼翼地把…装入盒中
- box clumsily 拙劣地把…装入盒中
- box conveniently 简单地把…装入盒中
- box firmly 坚决地把…装入盒中
- box habitually 惯常地把…装入盒中
- box hurriedly 匆忙地把…装入盒中
- box incessantly 持续不断地把…装入盒中
- box laboriously 艰难地把…装入盒中
- box reluctantly 勉强地把…装入盒中
- box scientifically 科学地把…装入盒中
- box simultaneously 暂时把…装入盒中
- box stolidly 笨手笨脚地把…装入盒中
- box unhesitatingly 即刻把…装入盒中
- box accurately 准确地拳击
- box challengingly 具有挑战性地拳击
- box consciously 有意识地拳击
- box courageously 勇敢地拳击
- box dexterously 娴熟地拳击
- box energetically 精力旺盛地拳击
- box impatiently 急不可耐地拳击
- box skillfully 灵活地拳击
- box superbly 极好地拳击
- box tremulously 大胆地拳击
- box unhesitatingly 毫不迟疑地拳击
- box vigorously 有力地拳击
- box violently 强烈地拳击
- box in 紧紧地包住或围住
- box off 分隔
- box out 通过拳击分胜负
- box up 装箱,用木板封闭
My landlady..took the opportunity of my absence to search my boxes.出自：S. Johnson
Who, seeing the house shuttered, would have dropped a letter in at the box?出自：E. Bowen
She was so furious she..rushed at Polly and boxed her ears.出自：N. Mitford
- the boxes指坐在包厢内的“观众”。
- box office的意思为“票房”,引申为“叫座的电影、音乐会或演出,叫座或深受观众喜爱的演员”。
- in a box的意思是“陷入困境,左右为难”。
- box, case, casket, chest
这组词都有“箱子”“盒子”的意思。其区别在于:1.box泛指各种箱子、盒子、匣子,其体积不分大小,形状为方形。2.case不分形状大小,其用途较广,有时也可指套子、罩子、壳、鞘等。例如:He put the knife back in its case.他把小刀放回刀鞘中去。3.chest指箱子,还可以指柜子、橱子、五斗橱等,较大,常用来放置贵重物品或作运输包装用。例如:Mother put the shirts in my clothes chest.母亲把那几件衬衫放进我的衣柜里。4.casket体积较小,也用来装贵重物品。例如:
- jewel casket 珠宝箱
- letter casket 信件收藏盒
误 He boxed on his wife's ear.
正 He boxed his wife's ear.
误 He gave his wife a box in ear.
正 He gave his wife a box on ear.
析 box作及物动词表示“打某人耳光”时直接接sb's ear作宾语,作名词表示“一记耳光”时接on ear表示“打在某一部位”,不用in。
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的boixs，意为木盒。
- BOX:Buried Oxide隐埋氧化物
- BOX:Boston Options Exchange (Boston Stock Exchange fully-automated options exchange)波士顿期权交易所(波士顿证券交易所fully-automated期权交易所)
- BOX:Boxcarn. 有盖货车
- box:box n. 盒子, 箱, 包厢, 岗亭, 一拳v. 装...入盒中, 打耳光, 拳击习惯用语call box 公用电话亭 街头电话亭 [美]专由用户到邮局领取邮件的邮政信箱ditty box (水手…