(often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent;
"a batch of letters"
"a deal of trouble"
"a lot of money"
"he made a mint on the stock market"
"see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"
"it must have cost plenty"
"a slew of journalists"
"a wad of money"
- It means a great deal to her.
- The engine can withstand a great deal of punishment.
- His words caused a great deal of dissention among his followers.
- We waited for their decision with a great deal of apprehension.
- I have accomplished a great deal in the last few months.
- We've put a great deal of time and effort into this project.
- There is a great deal of friction between the management and the work force.
- The storm did a great deal of material damage.