- [U]乐趣,娱乐,嬉戏 what you like doing, seeing, or hearing
- [U]有趣的事 sth that you enjoy
- activities that are enjoyable or amusing;
"I do it for the fun of it"
"he is fun to have around"
- verbal wit or mockery (often at another's expense but not to be taken seriously);
"he became a figure of fun"
"he said it in sport"
- violent and excited activity;
"she asked for money and then the fun began"
"they began to fight like fun"
- a disposition to find (or make) causes for amusement;
"her playfulness surprised me"
"he was fun to be with"
- I'm learning to cook, just for the fun of it.
- You'll sure to have fun at the party tonight.
- Laugh is an expression of happiness, joy, silliness or fun.
- Swimming in the sea is great fun.
Life isn't all fun, it also has its bad moments.
He just did it for fun.
He is full of fun.
Your friend is great fun.
The girl was very pretty and great fun.
Mr. Jones is great fun.
No one takes him seriously any more, he's become just a figure of fun.
Swimming is great fun.
Swimming in the sea is great fun.
The play at the theatre was very poor fun.
Picnics are fun.
She was really fun to talk to.
It's been a lot of fun meeting you.
It's not much fun going to a party alone.
She is a fun girl.
We had a fun party.
- for fun
为了好玩 for amusement; as a joke
She's painting for fun. 她画画是为了玩。
He's learning French for the fun of it. 他学法语只是为了消遣。
- 为了好玩 for amusement; as a joke
- have fun
玩得高兴,过得快活 enjoy yourself have fun
You're sure to have some fun at the party tonight.今晚的宴会你必定会玩得很开心。
We have a lot of fun in the park.我们在公园里玩得很快活。have fun (in) v-ing
I had great fun playing cards with them.我和他们玩纸牌非常有趣。
- 玩得高兴,过得快活 enjoy yourself have fun
- in fun
开玩笑似的 in playfulness; without serious or harmful intention
The children played a trick on the teacher but it was all in good fun. 孩子们戏弄了一下老师,不过只是开个玩笑罢了。
He said so only in fun. 他这样说只是开开玩笑。
- 开玩笑似的 in playfulness; without serious or harmful intention
- make fun of
开玩笑 laugh or cause others to laugh rather unkindly at
Ah, you always make fun of me. 呵,你经常取笑我。
People make fun of her because she wears such a strange hat. 人们取笑她,因为她戴了一顶那么怪的帽子。
It is downright miserable to make fun of lame man! 取笑那个瘸子多么可耻!
It is wrong to make fun of a cripple. 嘲笑残疾人是不对的。
- 开玩笑 laugh or cause others to laugh rather unkindly at
- good fun 有趣
Most footballers play for the fun and the fun alone.出自：M. Shearman
Setting a good example for your children takes all the fun out of middle-age.出自：W. Feather
You've had your fun, and now I'm going to have a baby.出自：J. Wain
The clothes were..fun to wear.出自：Listener
- fun是不可数名词,没有复数形式,也不可加不定冠词,其后可接(in) v -ing。
- make fun, make a joke
这两个短语的共同意思是“取笑某人”“同某人开玩笑”。其区别是：这两个短语后接的介词不同, make fun后接of; make a joke后接about。例如:
- Don't make fun of an old man.
- Don't make a joke about an old man.
- pleasure delight rapture enjoyment joy fun
误 What a fun we had in the park!
正 What fun we had in the park!
误 They had a lot of funs at the evening party.
正 They had a lot of fun at the evening party.
误 Don't make fun at a cripple.
正 Don't make fun of a cripple.
正 Don't poke fun at a cripple.
正 Don't laugh fun at a cripple.
析 表示“嘲笑,取笑”,可用make fun of,其中介词of不能换为at; 还可用poke fun at或laugh at。
误 We had fun to ride our bicycles to the beach today.
正 We had fun riding our bicycles to the beach today.
析 have fun(玩得高兴)后面不跟动词不定式,而应跟 v -ing形式。
- ☆ 16世纪80年代入进英语，直接源自中古英语的愚弄。
- good time美好时光
- FUN:Functionvi. 运行, 起作用
- FUN:Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience对于本科生神经科学学院
- FUN:Friendship Udankhatola (Indian rural exposure camp)友谊Udankhatola(印度乡村曝光营)
- fun:FUN式的健康生活“ＦUＮ”是英文的缩写，意思为健身、和谐、营养。这是一种在国外日渐兴起的健康家庭生活方式。 Ｆ——健身。是指家庭成员每天进行30分钟的体育锻炼， 包括5分钟的热身活动，如慢跑、牵引练…