- n. 愉快；高兴；快事；（用于回答对方的感谢）荣幸
- vt. 使高兴
- vi. 高兴；享受快乐
- [U]愉快,快乐,满足 the state or feeling of happiness or satisfaction resulting from an experience that one enjoys
- [U]娱乐,消遣 doing things for fun rather than as work
- [C]快乐的事物,乐事 a cause of happiness, enjoyment, or satisfaction
- [U]荣幸 polite enjoyment gained by doing or having sth
- [U]方便而乐意做的事 sth that is not inconvenient and that one is happy to do
- [U]愿望,意愿 wish
a fundamental feeling that is hard to define but that people desire to experience;
"he was tingling with pleasure"
something or someone that provides a source of happiness;
"a joy to behold"
"the pleasure of his company"
"the new car is a delight"
a formal expression;
"he serves at the pleasure of the President"
an activity that affords enjoyment;
"he puts duty before pleasure"
"he took his pleasure of her"
- She took no pleasure in her work.
- I will remember this meeting with pleasure.
- She seemed to take pleasure in our suffering.
- It is a pleasure to work with you.
- I really don't know how to pleasure him.
- I pleasure in your company.
- When a trainer uses positive training the animal comes on the set feeling that it will be a moment of pleasure and appreciation, of fun and grace.
- He didn't show any pleasure when I offered to go with him.
- Bert could scarcely conceal his pleasure at my resignation.
- His grandchildren afforded him his greatest pleasure in his old age.
- Business before pleasure.
- Pleasure has its sting in its tail.
- Has she gone to Paris on business or for pleasure?
- I'm going to Hawaii for pleasure combined with business.
- He writes not only to make money but also for pleasure.
- It is one of my greatest pleasures.
- Work is a pleasure to him.
- We await your pleasure.
- She hasn't made known her pleasure yet.
- His life is spent in the pursuit of pleasure.
- I know him to be nothing but a man of pleasure, a dandy who has given himself up to the relentless pursuit of sensual pleasure.
- It gave me no pleasure to have to tell them they were fired.
- It gave me great pleasure to welcome the delegation.
- It's a pleasure to teach her.
- It's been a great pleasure to talk to you.
- It's a pleasure to hear of your success.
- Is it your pleasure that I sign the minutes of the last meeting as correct?
- I find great pleasure in going to the theatre.
- He finds pleasure in reading.
- I had the pleasure of your husband's acquaintance in the States when he was there some years ago.
- May I have the pleasure of the next dance with you?
- I had the pleasure of meeting your parents yesterday.
- Are we to have the pleasure of seeing you again?
- at (one's) pleasure
随便 so as one wishes or decides
- It is/was my/a pleasure
不客气,不用谢 not at all
- take pleasure in
以某事为乐,喜欢做某事 enjoy sth; like to do sth
- with pleasure
愉快地,高兴地,没问题 very happy
- afford pleasure 使…愉快
- cloud sb's pleasure 令某人扫兴
- dampen pleasure 抑制快乐感情
- derive pleasure from 从…中找到乐趣
- enjoy pleasure of 享受…的乐趣
- experience pleasure 感到快乐
- express pleasure 表达快乐心情
- feel pleasure 感到喜悦
- feel pleasure in 以…为乐,喜欢
- find pleasure 找到乐趣,发现乐趣
- find pleasure in 以…为乐,喜欢
- gain pleasure 得到乐趣
- get pleasure from 从…当中得到乐趣
- get pleasure out of 从…中找到乐趣
- give pleasure 给予快乐
- have pleasure of 有幸…
- immerse in pleasure 沉醉于享乐
- increase pleasure 增加乐趣
- pursue pleasure 追求快乐
- seek pleasure 寻欢作乐
- share pleasure 共享欢乐
- take pleasure from 从…当中得到乐趣
- take pleasure in 以…为乐,喜欢
- taste pleasure 体验乐趣
- chief pleasure 主要乐趣
- empty pleasure 无谓的乐事
- great pleasure 极大的快乐
- high pleasure 极大的乐趣
- keen pleasure 极度的快乐
- little pleasure 没有什么乐趣,不大高兴
- much pleasure 很快乐,很高兴
- only pleasure 唯一的乐趣
- rare pleasure 难得的乐趣
- real pleasure 真正的乐趣〔享受〕
- at (one's) pleasure 随意,请便,听便
- life of pleasure 享乐的生活
- man of pleasure 逍遥快活的人
- be here on pleasure 到这儿来玩
A little girl..laughing wildly..shrieking with pleasure.出自： M. Gee
He was grateful to have been given the chance of pleasuring her.出自： K. Amis
- pleasure的基本意思是“愉快,快乐,满足”,指某事使人在感情上得到满足或愉快,也可指使人快乐的各种活动,即“娱乐,消遣”; 还可指能够使人感到快乐或高兴的事,即“快乐的事,乐事”。用于物主代词之后, pleasure还可指“意愿”。
- the pleasure (of)常可用作表示“荣幸,光彩”等客套话。pleasure还可用于回答感谢的客套答语,表示“方便而乐意做的事”。
- pleasure作“意愿”解时,常用于it's sb's pleasure to- v 或it's sb's pleasure that...结构, that从句中的谓语动词一般用虚拟语气。
- 注意可以说take (a) pleasure in，其中a可省略，表示一样的意思，但是不可说take one's pleasure；
Will you do me the pleasure of dining with me?
- have the pleasure of doing同it is a pleasure to do均表达很高兴去做某事。
- do the pleasure, have the pleasure
- 这两个短语都可用来表示向人请求,并且都用于疑问结构。两者的区别是:have the pleasure是从自己着想,而do the pleasure则是从对方着想。试比较:
- My I have the pleasure of dancing with you?
- Will you do the pleasure of dancing with me?
- pleasure, delight, joy
- 1.delight指“喜悦”或“高兴”,多表示突然、短暂的喜悦; pleasure指“愉快”,是一般交际性的礼貌用语,还可指外界对头脑或感官刺激而引起的快感; joy指“欢乐”或“愉快”,有时可替代delight和pleasure。例如:
- She grinned her delight.她露齿一笑表示高兴。
- I have the pleasure of presenting our opening speaker.我很荣幸地介绍一下我们的开场发言人。
- A smile often denotes pleasure.微笑常常是愉快的表示。
- This afforded him great joy〔pleasure〕.这使他感到快乐。
- 2.joy在程度上比pleasure强; delight语气上要比pleasure更强。
- It is a pleasure to hear of your presence.
- It gave us pleasure to hear of your presence.
- I have the pleasure of meeting you here.
- I have pleasure in meeting you here.
- at one's pleasure 随便
- with pleasure 欣然,乐意
误 It gives me many pleasures to receive your invitation.
正 It gives me much pleasure to receive your invitation.
误 It's pleasure to help you.
正 It's a pleasure to help you.有些老年人生活的乐趣很少。
误 Some old people have very few pleasure in life.
正 Some old people have very few pleasures in life.
- ☆ 14世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的plesir，意为愉快，高兴；最初源自古典拉丁语的placere，意为使愉悦。