- vi. 爆炸；激增；爆发
- vt. 使爆炸；驳倒
- vt. & vi. (使)爆炸 (cause to) burst open dangerously, with a very loud noise
- vi. 爆发,突发,发怒 burst out; show violent emotion
- vi. 激增,迅速扩大 extend quickly; increase sharply
cause to burst with a violent release of energy;
"We exploded the nuclear bomb"
burst outward, usually with noise;
"The champagne bottle exploded"
show a violent emotional reaction;
"The boss exploded when he heard of the resignation of the secretary"
be unleashed; emerge with violence or noise;
"His anger exploded"
destroy by exploding;
"The enemy exploded the bridge"
cause to burst as a result of air pressure; of stop consonants like /p/, /t/, and /k/
drive from the stage by noisy disapproval
show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete
burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical reaction;
"the bomb detonated at noon"
"The Molotov cocktail exploded"
increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner;
"The population of India is exploding"
"The island's rodent population irrupted"
- The bomb was timed to explode during the rush-hour.
- When the boiler exploded many people were injured.
- The firework exploded in his hand.
- Investment in technology stocks exploded in the 1990s.
- An active volcano may explode at any time
- The children exploded three firecrackers.
- Several scientific myths were exploded by Galileo's observations.
- The bomb exploded.
- Keep back!The crackers are exploding.
- The shell exploded in the barrel of the gun.
- If the hydrogen is ignited it is likely to explode.
- When the boiler exploded, many people were hurt by the steam.
- At last his laughter exploded.
- The population was still exploding.
- The soldier exploded a bomb.
- China exploded its first atom bomb in October,1964.
- Many boys explode firecrackers on the Fourth of July.
- The soldiers exploded the gunpowder under the bridge.
- Steam pressure exploded the boiler.
- We must explode superstitions.
- Columbus helped to explode the theory that the earth is flat.
- The idea that babies should be fat was exploded years ago.
- explode with (v.+prep.)
发作express one's feelings noisily and often suddenly, because of (a strong feeling such as anger)
explode with sth
Jim exploded with anger when he heard how Mary had been treated.
The boss exploded with anger when he saw the sales report.
The speaker's mistake was so funny that the audience exploded with laughter.
- explode the boiler 使锅炉爆炸
- explode a bomb 爆炸了一颗炸弹
- explode firecrackers 放爆竹
- explode the first atom bomb 爆炸了第一颗原子弹
- explode the gunpowder 引爆火药
- explode superstitions 破除迷信
- explode appallingly 令人震惊的爆炸
- explode ceaselessly 不停地爆炸
- explode fierily 燃烧着爆炸
- explode turbulently 强烈地爆炸
As new views came into vogue, or old errors became exploded.出自： C. G. B. Daubeny
- explode的基本含义是“爆炸”,主要指炸弹、锅炉、油箱等内部能量突然释放,强调爆炸时的状态; 引申可表示“迅速扩大”“激增”,用于人时则可表示“勃然大怒”“破除/推翻…”等。
- explode, blow up, burst
- blow up指人炸毁汽车、楼房等物体; explode指炸弹、锅炉、油箱等爆炸; 而burst指气球、轮胎等爆炸。例如:
- The car blew up.轿车被炸毁了。
- When the boiler exploded many people were injured.因锅炉爆炸,许多人受了伤。
- The tyre burst.轮胎爆炸了。
- burst 爆发
- blow up 爆炸
- erupt 爆发
- detonate 使爆炸
- go off 爆炸
- blast 爆炸
- burst out 闯出
- get angry 生气，变得很生气...
- fly into a rage 勃然大怒
- fly off the handle 勃然大怒
- hit the ceiling 勃然大怒
- thunder 雷
- hit the roof 勃然大怒
- disprove 证明 ... 是不对的...
- break 打碎
- discredit 败坏…的名声...
- invalidate 使无效
- nullify 使无效
- negate 否定
- blow 打击
- up 向上
- pop 发出(砰的响声)...
- break loose 逃跑
- set off 出发，动身
- irrupt 突然冲入
- burst forth 忽然发生
- implode 内爆