showing indifference or disregard;
"a dismissive shrug"
"the firm is dismissive of the competitor's product"
"'chronic fatigue syndrome' was known by the dismissive term 'housewife syndrome'"
stopping to associate with;
"they took dismissive action after the third violation"
- He signed his disapproval with a dismissive hand gesture.
- She gives one short, dismissive shake of her head. "It's nothing."
- Her manner was coldly dismissive.
- Reviewers were dismissive, and the play closed within a week.
- They partner with the state, even when they are dismissive of its bureaucracy.
Their dicta Relegated to dismissive footnotes.出自：Encounter