- v.创造；当 ... 的父亲
- [C]父亲 male parent
- [P]祖先,先辈 ancestor
- [C]创始人,奠基人 found or first leader
- a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father);
"his father was born in Atlanta"
- the founder of a family;
"keep the faith of our forefathers"
- `Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church); `Padre' is frequently used in the military
- (Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine; in the Roman Catholic Church some were later declared saints and became Doctor of the Church; the best known Latin Church Fathers are Ambrose, Augustine, Gregory the Great, and Jerome; those who wrote in Greek include Athanasius, Basil, Gregory Nazianzen, and John Chrysostom
- a person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization;
"the tennis fathers ruled in her favor"
"the city fathers endorsed the proposal"
- God when considered as the first person in the Trinity;
"hear our prayers, Heavenly Father"
- a person who founds or establishes some institution;
"George Washington is the father of his country"
- the head of an organized crime family
- make children;
"Abraham begot Isaac"
"Men often father children but don't recognize them"
- My father and mother went for a walk.
- He modeled himself on his father.
- Father Donovan dropped his eyes.
- Father Dan entered with a big grin.
- Our father handed down these customs to us.
- He has fathered an idea.
- He has fathered three children.
My father carries on a trade in silk.
Her father will never approve her marrying such a poor man.
He appealed to his father.
My uncle has been like a father to me since my own father died.
Like father, like son.
The father and the son-in-law have been getting along very well.
This is the land of our father.
Father Brown is our local priest.
God is called our Father.
Do you know who is the father of the radio?
Graham Bell was the father of the telephone.
Chaucer was the father of English poetry.
George Washington is called the father of his country.
He was the father of printing.
The wish is father to the thought.
The child is father to the man.
- adore one's father 崇敬自己的父亲
- fear one's father 害怕自己的父亲
- hate one's father 恨自己的父亲
- have a father 有父亲
- like one's father 喜欢自己的父亲
- look after one's father 照料自己的父亲
- lose one's father 丧父,失去父亲
- love one's father 爱自己的父亲
- obey one's father 遵从父命
- resembles one's father 长得像父亲
- respect one's father 尊敬父亲
- take after one's father 面貌像父亲
- take care of one's father 照顾自己的父亲
- adoptive father 养父
- dear father 亲爱的父亲
- expectant father 准爸爸
- founding father 创建人
- ghostly father 听忏悔的神父
- heartless father 无情的父亲
- heavy father 严父
- Holy F- 教皇
- kind father 慈祥的父亲
- loving father 可爱的父亲
- miserly father 悭吝的父亲
- natural father 生父
- proud father 得意的父亲
- spiritual father 牧师
- strict father 严厉的父亲
- thoughtful father 体贴的父亲
- young father 年轻的父亲
- city father 市府委员
- the F- Christmas 圣诞老人
- adopt sb as one's father 认某人为养父
- be handed down from father to son 由父（亲）传（给儿）子
- like a father to sb 像父亲一般对待某人
Robert was desperate to be a father, desperate to have sons.出自：I. McEwan
Fox river, Rock river, Mississippi, the old Father of them all.出自：fig.
Arrogance that was fathered on pride by boredom.出自：fig.
误 The parents had a man-to-man talk with his son.
正 The father had a man-to-man talk with his son.
析 parents表示“父母亲”, father只表示父亲。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fdaer，意为父亲。
- look after照料
- male parent父亲
- bring about带来
- Father of the Church教会之父
- bring forth产生
- founding father开国者
- father:I father 【5fB:TE】 n.父亲, 岳父, 公(丈夫的父亲), 祖先, 前辈, 长辈, 神父, 创始者 vt.当...的父亲, 保护, 创立, 治理, 发明, 培养 for examper…