- n. 父亲；神父；祖先；创始人
- v. 创造；当 ... 的父亲
- [C]父亲 male parent
- [P]祖先,先辈 ancestor
- [C]创始人,奠基人 found or first leader
a male parent (also used as a term of address to your father);
"his father was born in Atlanta"
the founder of a family;
"keep the faith of our forefathers"
`Father' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church); `Padre' is frequently used in the military
(Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine; in the Roman Catholic Church some were later declared saints and became Doctor of the Church; the best known Latin Church Fathers are Ambrose, Augustine, Gregory the Great, and Jerome; those who wrote in Greek include Athanasius, Basil, Gregory Nazianzen, and John Chrysostom
a person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization;
"the tennis fathers ruled in her favor"
"the city fathers endorsed the proposal"
God when considered as the first person in the Trinity;
"hear our prayers, Heavenly Father"
a person who founds or establishes some institution;
"George Washington is the father of his country"
the head of an organized crime family
"Abraham begot Isaac"
"Men often father children but don't recognize them"
- My father and mother went for a walk.
- He modeled himself on his father.
- Father Donovan dropped his eyes.
- Father Dan entered with a big grin.
- Our father handed down these customs to us.
- The king is the father of his country.
- He has fathered an idea.
- He has fathered three children.
- My father carries on a trade in silk.
- Her father will never approve her marrying such a poor man.
- He appealed to his father.
- My uncle has been like a father to me since my own father died.
- Like father, like son.
- The father and the son-in-law have been getting along very well.
- This is the land of our father.
- Father Brown is our local priest.
- God is called our Father.
- Do you know who is the father of the radio?
- Graham Bell was the father of the telephone.
- Chaucer was the father of English poetry.
- George Washington is called the father of his country.
- He was the father of printing.
- The wish is father to the thought.
- The child is father to the man.
- adore one's father 崇敬自己的父亲
- fear one's father 害怕自己的父亲
- hate one's father 恨自己的父亲
- have a father 有父亲
- like one's father 喜欢自己的父亲
- look after one's father 照料自己的父亲
- lose one's father 丧父,失去父亲
- love one's father 爱自己的父亲
- obey one's father 遵从父命
- resembles one's father 长得像父亲
- respect one's father 尊敬父亲
- take after one's father 面貌像父亲
- take care of one's father 照顾自己的父亲
- adoptive father 养父
- dear father 亲爱的父亲
- expectant father 准爸爸
- founding father 创建人
- ghostly father 听忏悔的神父
- heartless father 无情的父亲
- heavy father 严父
- Holy F- 教皇
- kind father 慈祥的父亲
- loving father 可爱的父亲
- miserly father 悭吝的父亲
- natural father 生父
- proud father 得意的父亲
- spiritual father 牧师
- strict father 严厉的父亲
- thoughtful father 体贴的父亲
- young father 年轻的父亲
- city father 市府委员
- the F- Christmas 圣诞老人
- adopt sb as one's father 认某人为养父
- be handed down from father to son 由父（亲）传（给儿）子
- like a father to sb 像父亲一般对待某人
Robert was desperate to be a father, desperate to have sons.出自： I. McEwan
Fox river, Rock river, Mississippi, the old Father of them all.出自： fig.
Arrogance that was fathered on pride by boredom.出自： fig.
误 The parents had a man-to-man talk with his son.
正 The father had a man-to-man talk with his son.
析 parents表示“父母亲”, father只表示父亲。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fader，意为父亲。
- daddy <口>爸爸
- sire 雄性种兽
- priest 教士
- ancestor 祖宗
- beget 产生
- engender 产生
- get 得到
- dad 爸爸
- originator 创始人
- initiator 创始者
- breed 繁殖
- vicar (教区或教堂)牧师...
- cause 引起
- originate 发起
- produce 生产
- procreate 生育
- protect 保护
- comfort 舒适
- advise 劝告
- look after 照料
- nurture 养育
- parent 父母
- beginner 初学者
- inventor 发明家
- monk 僧侣
- author 作家
- relative 相对的
- about 关于
- male parent 父亲
- bring 带来
- bring about 带来
- male 男性的
- forefather 祖先
- begetter 生产者
- Father of the Church 教会之父
- bring forth 产生
- generate 产生
- founder 创立者
- don 先生（西班牙用语）...
- padre 神父
- mother 母亲
- founding father 开国者
- mother 母亲