- [C]母亲,妈妈 a female parent of a child or animal
- [C][U]根由,根源 the cause and origin
- a woman who has given birth to a child (also used as a term of address to your mother);
"the mother of three children"
- a stringy slimy substance consisting of yeast cells and bacteria; forms during fermentation and is added to cider or wine to produce vinegar
- a term of address for an elderly woman
- a term of address for a mother superior
- a condition that is the inspiration for an activity or situation;
"necessity is the mother of invention"
- care for like a mother;
"She fusses over her husband"
- make children;
"Abraham begot Isaac"
"Men often father children but don't recognize them"
- I wonder when mother will ring?
- It happened that my mother was out that day.
- He disobeyed his mother and went to the party.
- My mother is a housewife.
- The mother bade the child behave himself.
- Mother love is the greatest in the world.
- My sister mothered a little baby two days ago.
- Mrs.Green mothered the lost children.
A mother feels tense when her baby is ill.
She was very sympathetic when my mother died.
A mother naturally feels protective towards her children.
His mother had trained him to be a very proper young man.
The little boy's mother told him off for his being naughty.
She is a perfect wife and mother.
The two brothers are so much alike that even their own mother hardly can tell them apart.
He gets tax relief because he supports his old mother.
She is nice to her husband's father and mother.
Like mother, like daughter.
Mother and father are parents.
Old Mother Adams next door has lost her cat again.
Come along now,Mother, get into the ambulance.
Mother Zhang has gone to Shanghai.
Can I borrow your car, please, mother?
It brought out the mother in her.
All the mother in her soul awakes.
China was once Japan's spiritual mother.
That is a mother bird.
Chinese is our mother tongue.
She has been a mother of two.
Failure is the mother of success.
Necessity is the mother of invention.
School is the mother of learning.
- First Mother
国家元首的母亲,第一母亲 mother of principal
These are the memories of the former First Mother, full of Kennedyianna. 这是前第一母亲的回忆录,书中大量收录了有关肯尼迪的资料。
- 国家元首的母亲,第一母亲 mother of principal
- devoted mother 一心为孩子的母亲
- doting mother 溺爱的母亲
- expectant mother 待产妇
- fond mother 慈母
- foster mother 养母
- indulgent mother 宽容的母亲,溺爱子女的母亲
- spiritual mother 精神源泉
Lambs are glad Nosing the mother's udder.出自：Tennyson
Mother and I..feel it's only neighbourly to do what we can.出自：A. Christie
Expectant mothers will be immunized.出自：Woman's Own
Through normal birth, she has just mothered a normal, contented baby.出自：Scientific American
- mother country, motherland
误 You'll be so busy that you won't have time to think of your mother.
正 You'll be so busy that you won't have time to think of mother.
析 在家里对熟人谈话或写信时,通常不说my mother或your mother,而说mother。
误 There is usually a strong relationship between the mother and child.
正 There is usually a strong relationship between mother and child.
析 mother与child, daughter, father等词连用,通常不加冠词。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的moodr；最初源自德语的meist，意为母亲。
- MOTHER:Mankind Organization Towards Health Environmental Revolution人类对健康组织的环境的革命
- MOTHER:Multiple Output Terminal Home End Resource多重输出端家能源资源。最后
- MOTHER:Meek Outstanding Teacher Helper Energetic Radiant温顺优秀的教师助手精力充沛的辐射
- mother:母亲"M" is for the million things she gave me, "M"代表她所给予我的无数, "O" means only that she's growing old, "…