- 突然离开; 突然挣脱; 与…决裂; 从…退出; 改掉; 放弃
move away or escape suddenly;
"The horses broke from the stable"
"Three inmates broke jail"
"Nobody can break out--this prison is high security"
break off (a piece from a whole);
"Her tooth chipped"
interrupt a continued activity;
"She had broken with the traditional patterns"
withdraw from an organization or communion;
"After the break up of the Soviet Union, many republics broke away"
flee; take to one's heels; cut and run;
"If you see this man, run!"
"The burglars escaped before the police showed up"
- The mist had cleared away and the stars were out.
- Thus,the coolant continually takes heat away from the engine, where it could do damage, and delivers it to the radiator.
- The mob made a fast and furious attempt to break down the barriers.
- I will break down its wall, and it will be trampled.
- The wing of the plan broke away in mid-air and the plane crashed.
- He hasn't been away from home before.
- The hotel is only two miles away.
- She broke away from the arresting officer.
- He finally managed to break free from his attacker.
- break away 消散
- break 打碎
- break out （战争、火灾等）爆发...
- come off 能够去掉
- hightail it 迅速离开
- break off 突然住口
- secede 正式脱离或退出...
- run 跑
- splinter 尖碎片
- fly the coop 突然秘密地离开或逃走...
- take to the woods 逃避责任
- escape 逃跑
- bunk 铺位
- chip off 削去
- lam 打
- scarper 跑开
- turn tail 逃跑
- head for the hills 快跑(跑开躲起)...
- scat 赶快走开
- chip 缺口
- run away 逃跑
- break in 闯入
- break up 结束，散会
- break into 闯入
- break through 突破
- break down 分解；发生故障；失败；毁...