- v. 烦扰；使恼怒；使不安；费心
- n. 麻烦；烦扰；焦急
- 打扰，烦扰，打搅，纠缠，麻烦，给...找麻烦 ，添麻烦，使…烦恼，使…恼怒，使...心烦，使...厌烦
- 讨厌的人，使人烦恼的人， 令人烦恼的人或事物，麻烦的事物
- 烦恼的原因 ，引起麻烦的人或事物
- vt. & vi. 打扰,烦扰,搅扰,使恼怒 give trouble to; cause inconvenience to oneself; trouble oneself
- vt. & vi. 迷惑,把…弄糊涂; (使)不安,(使)紧张 worry sth
- [U]麻烦,不便,忧虑 trouble, inconvenience
- [C]令人烦恼的人或事物; 引起麻烦的人或事物 the anxiety caused by small matters and lasting a short time
- [U]努力 effort
- [U]斗殴; 暴力行为 fighting or public disorder
an angry disturbance;
"he didn't want to make a fuss"
"they had labor trouble"
"a spot of bother"
something or someone that causes trouble; a source of unhappiness;
"washing dishes was a nuisance before we got a dish washer"
"a bit of a bother"
"he's not a friend, he's an infliction"
take the trouble to do something; concern oneself;
"He did not trouble to call his mother on her birthday"
"Don't bother, please"
cause annoyance in; disturb, especially by minor irritations;
"Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"
"It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"
to cause inconvenience or discomfort to;
"Sorry to trouble you, but..."
intrude or enter uninvited;
"Don't bother the professor while she is grading term papers"
make nervous or agitated;
"The mere thought of her bothered him and made his heart beat faster"
make confused or perplexed or puzzled
- I've no time to bother with such things.
- Don't write anything that will bother the censor.
- It bothers me that he can be so insensitive.
- The problem has been bothering me for weeks.
- Don't bother about such trifles.
- He could produce excellent work but usually he can't be bothered.
- Don't bother yourself about me，I am doing quite well.
- He didn't even bother to say thank you.
- Oh,would you mind? I hate to be a bother.
- We're having a spot of bother with the new machine.
- I am afraid it was a bother for you to do this.
- I like cooking, I do it without any bother.
- It is no bother to me. And I'll be glad to do it.
- You needn't bother; I can lock the door.
- Thank you, but please don't bother.
- Shall I call a doctor? —Please don't bother.
- The children stopped bothering their father.
- He comes bothering me day after day.
- I am sorry to bother you.
- Could I bother you a moment, please?I need your advice.
- Don't bother me just now!
- Don't bother her. She is preparing for the final examination.
- Don't bother me,O.K.?Just let me live out my life in peace and in private.
- That doesn't bother me; it's quite simple.
- That complicated problem can't bother me.
- The odd stories about her whereabouts bothered me.
- Bother the lot of you!Go away at once!
- If things get any worse you will have to come home, and bother the money.
- I'm still bothered by a cold.
- She is also a little bothered,I think, because the servant is going to leave.
- The famous movie star could hardly walk down the street without being bothered.
- I told them his address and how to find him, but they couldn't be bothered,
- Why bother asking if you're not really interested?
- Why should we bother waiting any longer?
- You don't bother to get dinner for me today; I'll eat out.
- You needn't bother to come here.
- You needn't bother to ask me.
- You needn't bother to explain.Needless to say, we believe you — because we believe in you.
- Don't bother to bring the bag back; I don't need it.
- I shan't bother to send in the manuscript; it's sure to be rejected.
- Don't bother to move. I think I can just brush past.
- Don't bother to buy cupboards; I am arranging to have them built in.
- He never even bothered to acknowledge her presence.
- John did not even bother to be polite.
- You needn't bother what you will eat.
- We needn't bother when it happened.
- You needn't bother how it took place.
- You needn't bother how I did it.
- That man is always bothering me to lend him money.
- The boy is bothering his father to tell him another story.
- Don't bother yourself to answer the letter.
- If you can't be bothered to move,I will have to fetch it myself.
- Oh bother, I 've forgotten my pen.
- Oh, bother him. He's never around when you need him.
- Bother! I've left my wallet at home.
- The bother came along that I was at a loss.
- Some people refer all the bother to bad luck instead of lack of ability.
- Did you have much bother finding her house?
- She packed all the clothes in after too much bother.
- I'm afraid I am causing you too much bother.
- He felt it was his duty to help others when they had too much bother.
- Life is full of bother.
- It's no bother at all.
- The building of the dam is going forward without any bother.
- Gardening takes more bother than it's worth.
- Laughter charmed away a lot of bother.
- This car has caused me a lot of bother.
- He is just laying up a lot of bother for himself.
- I hope my son will not give you a lot of bother.
- There was a spot of bother here today.
- You are quite a bother to the family.
- Who knows what a bother may ensue from overpopulation?
- Free you from a bother.
- What a bother! We've missed the bus.
- bother about( v.+prep. )
麻烦 take trouble
bother about sb/sth
There is nothing the matter; I wish you wouldn't bother about me.
She never bothered about clothes.
You should keep your mind on the task, not bother about personal gains or losses.
你应该把心思放在工作上,不要患得患失。bother sb/sth about sth
Don't bother your head about such matters.
Calen doesn't bother himself about such matters.
Why do you bother yourself about such trifles?
She never bothers herself about clothes.
她从不在穿着上费心思。bother about sth
He never bothered about his breakfast and he'll eat what is left over.
他从不为他的早餐费事,剩什么他就吃什么。bother about v-ing
You needn't bother about coming up; I'll look after him.
She didn't bother about feeding the baby.
Don't bother taking him to any more hospitals.
We never bother asking for anything from that boss.
He didn't bother looking up at her.
他甚至不高兴抬起头来看她一眼。bother about wh-clause
I didn't bother about what you do.
- bother with (v.+prep.)
打扰,烦扰 cause trouble to, worry
bother with sb/sth
Don't bother with it.
He has no time to bother with trifles.
Don't bother with the washing-up.
Don't bother with the letters; they are not urgent.
I don't think I'll bother with anything; I'll be dining out.
He told us not to bother with him.
他让我们别为他费心。bother sb with sth
Don't bother me with little thing like that.
I can't bother him with my little affairs.
I am sorry I have bothered you with so many questions.
I can't be bothered with all those sorts of things.
- bother about
- get into a bother
陷入麻烦 get into trouble
- look for bother
找麻烦 make trouble
- always bother 总是打扰
- bother continuously 不停地打扰
- bother deliberately 故意打扰
- bother previously 事先打扰
- bother repeatedly 又一次地迷惑
- bother severely 严重搅扰
- bother suddenly 突然把…弄糊涂
- bother untimely 过早地(使)紧张
- bother about 麻烦,费心(思)
- bother about appearance 在外表上费心(思)
- bother about clothes 在服装上费心(思)
- bother about one's personal gains or losses 患得患失
- bother for sb 替某人操心
- bother with 为…费心思〔心烦〕
- get into a bother about sth 为某事而焦虑
- have a bother 〈英〉出现麻烦
- look for bother 找麻烦
- take more bother than it's worth 过分费神
One had better save oneself the bother of thinking too.出自： J. Galsworthy
It's no bother. It's the 'short times' that are the bother.出自： G. Greene.
It was a bother to cook anything.出自： B. Pym
- bother的基本意思是“打扰”“搅扰”,指使人受到烦扰或在精神上烦恼; 尤指把某人弄得焦急不安,心烦意乱,心情不能平静或专一,在句中多半用于否定结构。
- bother在表示“烦扰”“烦恼”时,除人体的head, brain, heart等或由人组成的机构、组织以及个别俚语(如bother the record)以外, bother一般不用事实作直接宾语; bother着重“打扰”行为的本身,而不指由此而产生的“烦躁”“不安”状态,因此表达“感觉烦躁”这个意思时,不能说I feel bothered.而应说I feel restless.
- bother作“麻烦”“不便”“忧虑”解时是不可数名词; 作“令人烦恼的人或事物”“引起麻烦的人或事物”解时是可数名词，其前可加不定冠词。
Don't bother your father about it now.
bother表示“费心”时，有多种表达方法，而且多用否定句式。bother (oneself) to do是不定式。bother (oneself) about后面跟名词或动名词。
Don't bother to answer this.
Don't bother about answering this.
have bother (in)…（担心做某事）结构中，in后面要接名词或动名词，常可省略in。
I didn't have much bother (in) getting him to go with me.
- bother, annoy, disturb, interfere, interrupt, trouble, worry
- Don't bother,I can do it myself.不用麻烦,我自己来做。
- I can't be bothered with all that sort of things.我不能为这类事烦扰。
- I am sorry to bother you, but can you tell me how to do it?很抱歉,打扰一下,能告诉我怎么做吗?
- These flies are annoying me.这些苍蝇真使我心烦。
- He was annoyed to learn that the train would be delayed.他听说火车要晚点,心里感到烦恼。
- Heavy truck traffic disturbed the neighbourhood.重型卡车的来来往往扰乱了这一带的安宁。
- It disturbs me profoundly that you so misuse your talents.你如此滥用自己的才能,使我深感不安。
- His passion for his cause disturbed me.他对事业的热情使我焦虑不安。
- He was irritated by a person.他为某人所激怒。
- His words irritated me.他的话使我很生气。
- The slowness of the traffic irritated a person in a hurry.车辆行驶得慢往往使有急事的人恼火。
- As he is always interfering,I told him to mind his own business.因为他常来指手划脚,所以我让他少管闲事。
- I have the right to interfere.我有干预的权力。
- If you had not interfered,I should have finished my work by now.要不是你打扰我的话,我现在早已完成了我的工作。
- He interrupted to state that he had seen no evidence of this.他插话说,他没有见到过这方面的证据。
- Don't interrupt the speaker, ask your questions afterwards.不要打断人家的发言,有问题过后再问。
- Footsteps on the staircase interrupted his train of thought.楼梯上传来脚步声,打断了他的思路。
- Could I trouble you to open the window?麻烦你开一下窗好吗?
- It troubled us that they didn't write off their plans.令我们担心的是他们没有写下他们的计划。
- I'm sorry to trouble you, but I wondered if we could have a word some time.很遗憾要打扰你一下,我想问一问我们什么时候能聊聊。
- I'm troubled by the doctor's report.医生的诊断结果颇令我焦急。
- The boy was always worrying me for more money.这孩子总是缠着我要钱。
- Don't worry, tomorrow will be better.别担心,明天会好些的。
- I'm worried that I'll fail in the exam.我很担心考试不及格。
- bother, trouble, worry
- They had quite a lot of bother getting here because of the fog.因为有雾,所以他们费了很大的劲才找到这儿来。
- Money is just one of our worries.钱只是我们的烦恼事之一。
- The old lady next door was telling me all her troubles.隔壁的老太太正在对我诉说她的种种烦恼。
误 I'm afraid I am causing you too many bothers.
正 I'm afraid I am causing you too much bother.这真是件让我们伤脑筋的事。
误 It is quite bother to us.
正 It is quite a bother to us.
析 bother作“麻烦”“困难”解时,是不可数名词; 作“令人烦恼的事物”“讨厌的人”解时,是单数可数名词。
- ☆ 1718年进入英语，直接源自英格兰语的pother；最初源自爱尔兰语的bodhairim，意为震聋。