- [C]瓶子 a container for liquids, usually made of glass or plastic, with a rather narrow neck or mouth, and usually no handle
- [C]一瓶之量 the quantity held by a bottle
- [S]酒 alcoholic drink
- [S]装在奶瓶里的牛奶 milk in bottles used in place of mother's milk
- [U]勇气,胆量 courage; daring
- vt. 把…装入瓶中 put into bottle; store in bottles
- vt. 抑制; 控制 hold in; keep under control
- a glass or plastic vessel used for storing drinks or other liquids; typically cylindrical without handles and with a narrow neck that can be plugged or capped
- the quantity contained in a bottle
- a vessel fitted with a flexible teat and filled with milk or formula; used as a substitute for breast feeding infants and very young children
- store (liquids or gases) in bottles
- put into bottles;
"bottle the mineral water"
- Why don't we crack open a bottle of champagne to celebrate?
- Try not to bottle up your emotions.
- Do you bottle your fruit or freeze it?
The bottle slipped out of his hand.
A hundred and fifty empty bottles tumbled onto the floor.150
She confessed that she had broken the bottle.
How much does this bottle contain?
A call for 100 bottles of blood was answered promptly.
They finished the bottle of beer between them.
Let's save two bottles of wine till Christmas.
I grudge paying ￡2 for a bottle of wine that is not worth 50p.
I bought a bottle of ink yesterday.
For one reason or another, she took to the bottle.
He has commenced on the bottle again.
They discussed the plan over a bottle.
It is time you got the baby up for its bottle.
My daughter was brought up on the bottle.
They just drift and dream, and find refuge in a bottle.
She remembers hunger, and depressing times when her parents sought escape in the bottle from hard realities.
She hasn't got the bottle to do it.
This is where they bottle the milk.
Many companies bottle perfume.
The governor bottled the steam supplied to the engine.
They bottled cheap whiskey as Black Label.
- hit the bottle
喝醉酒 drink alcohol to excess
Bill has been hitting the bottle a lot lately; I think he has a problem. 比尔最近老喝醉,我觉得他可能有什么心事了。
- 喝醉酒 drink alcohol to excess
- lose one's bottle
变得慌张 lose one's nerve
We're going to steal some apples from Farmer Jones's orchard. Why won't you come with us?Lose your bottle? 我们要去农民琼斯的果园里偷苹果,你为什么不和我们一起去?你害怕了?
- 变得慌张 lose one's nerve
- bottle up (v.+adv.)
克制,遏制,抑制,约束repress; contain; imprison bottle sb/oneself/sth ⇔ up
Tell us what's worrying you, don't bottle it up!有什么烦恼事告诉我们,别憋在心里。
He bottled something up inside himself.他显然心里有事。
The police could not bottle the angry crowd up.警察无法控制愤怒的人群。
How could the ordinary rules of life be expected to bottle him up?你怎么能指望他会受生活常规的束缚呢?
He was about to speak.Again he bottled himself up.他想说话又忍住了。
He was pleading with her to bottle herself up until he could explain.他正请求她克制住自己,好让他有机会作解释。
He was about to say something, but bottled himself up and turned away.他正想说点什么,但忍住没说,转身走开了。
They bottled up the submarines in their nest.他们把潜艇困在巢穴里,使其无法出击。
- 克制,遏制,抑制,约束repress; contain; imprison bottle sb/oneself/sth ⇔ up
- break a bottle 打碎瓶子
- clean a bottle 刷洗瓶子
- fill a bottle with hot water 往瓶内灌满热水
- keep to the bottle 嗜酒
- knock over a bottle 碰翻瓶子
- open bottle 打开瓶子
- shake the bottle 摇动瓶子
- talk over a bottle 一面喝酒一面谈话,对酒畅谈
- use a bottle 用瓶子
- wash a bottle 刷洗瓶子
- clean bottle 干净瓶子
- coloured bottle 带色的瓶子
- empty bottle 空瓶
- new bottle 新瓶子
- old bottle 旧瓶子
- plastic bottle 塑料瓶子
- whole bottle 一整瓶
- sell by the bottle 论瓶出售
- free from the bottle 不喝酒
- keep her husband from the bottle 不让她丈夫饮酒
- sell in bottles 以瓶装出售
- pour water into a bottle 向瓶里倒水
- be brought up on the bottle 喝牛奶长大
- bottle, vase
1.bottle指的瓶子是口小肚大,多由玻璃或塑料制成,且口到肚之间的变化比较缓,如普通的啤酒瓶。2.vase指的是供装饰用的花瓶,口的直径同肚的直径差不多,或是口到肚之间的变化比较小。例如:The potter carefully shaped the vase.那个陶工精心地制作了这个花瓶。The artist painted a vase of flowers against a dark background.画家画了一瓶花,衬着深色背景。The ancient vase was painted with pastoral scenes.这古老的花瓶上绘饰着田园景色。She succeeded in patching the broken vase together.她成功地把打破的花瓶拼凑好了。
- a blue bottle 蓝色的瓶子
- a bluebottle 绿头大苍蝇
- a bottle full of wine 一只装满酒的瓶子
- a bottleful of wine 满满一瓶的酒
- ☆ 14世纪中期进英入语，直接源自拉丁语的butticula，意为瓶。
- bottle:bottle n. 瓶子vt. 用瓶装…