- [U][S](战争,事故,不快事情的)后果,创伤 the situation that exists as a result of an important (and usually unpleasant) event, especially a war, an accident, etc.; the effects and results of sth bad or important
the consequences of an event (especially a catastrophic event);
"the aftermath of war"
"in the wake of the accident no one knew how many had been injured"
the outcome of an event especially as relative to an individual
- In the aftermath of the hurricane, many people's homes were destroyed.
- The aftermath of war brought a financial boom.
- The president visited the region in the immediate aftermath of the disaster.
- Many people were homeless in the aftermath of the earthquake.
- He had to endure the aftermath of the accident.
- The aftermath of war is hunger and disease.
- How would they cope with the aftermath of the war?
- A lot of rebuilding took place in the aftermath of the war.
- In the aftermath of〔to〕 that incident, he had to leave town.
- Many more people died in the aftermath of the explosion.
- In the aftermath of the shootings, there were calls for a ban on guns.
- Large numbers of businesses went bankrupt in the aftermath of the recession.
- In the immediate aftermath of the accident, no one was even sure how many people had been hurt.
- endure an aftermath 承受后果
- bleak aftermath 可怕的后果
- disastrous aftermath 灾难性的后果
- gratifying aftermath 可喜的结果
- grim aftermath 可怕的后果
- immediate aftermath 直接的后果
- in the aftermath of an election 在选举结束后的一段时期里
- in the aftermath of that incident 在那个事件结束后的一段时期
- the danger of disease in the aftermath of the earthquake 地震后引起疫病的危险
- in the aftermath to that incident 在那个事件结束后的一段时期
Meadowland from which an aftermath of hay had lately been taken.出自： J. Buchan