- n. 长钉；尖状物；钉鞋；峰值；穗；穗状花；【排球】扣球
- v. 以大钉钉牢；使 ... 失效；用尖物刺伤；【排球】扣球
a transient variation in voltage or current
sports equipment consisting of a sharp point on the sole of a shoe worn by athletes;
"spikes provide greater traction"
fruiting spike of a cereal plant especially corn
(botany) an indeterminate inflorescence bearing sessile flowers on an unbranched axis
a sharp rise followed by a sharp decline;
"the seismograph showed a sharp spike in response to the temblor"
a very high narrow heel on women's shoes
each of the sharp points on the soles of athletic shoes to prevent slipping (or the shoes themselves);
"the second baseman sharpened his spikes before every game"
"golfers' spikes damage the putting greens"
a sharp-pointed projection along the top of a fence or wall (or a dinosaur)
a long, thin sharp-pointed implement (wood or metal);
"one of the spikes impaled him"
any holding device consisting of a rigid, sharp-pointed object;
"the spike pierced the receipts and held them in order"
a large stout nail;
"they used spikes to fasten the rails to a railroad tie"
stand in the way of
pierce with a sharp stake or point;
"impale a shrimp on a skewer"
secure with spikes
bring forth a spike or spikes;
"my hyacinths and orchids are spiking now"
add alcohol to (beverages);
"the punch is spiked!"
manifest a sharp increase;
"the voltage spiked"
- There are many sharp spikes on the railings in the park.
- In that case, the price spike would be something like a dead-cat bounce.
- Here is effective rice spike number.
- They'll do anything to spike the guns of the opposition.
- The boss is bound to question the cost of the food for the office party, so let's spike his guns by pointing out that he's getting the drinks very cheaply.
- spike lavender [植]宽叶熏衣草(欧...
- spike heel 女子皮鞋上的高后跟...
- spike sb's guns 挫败某人
- spike sb.'s gun 挫败某人的计划...
- spike mill 钉碎机,针碎机...
- spike potential 尖峰电位,峰电位...
- rail spike 道钉
- marline spike 解缆钻
- displacement spike 位移尖锋
- spike knot 大钉节症,尖节...
- negative spike 负峰信号
- screw spike 螺丝钉,木螺钉...
- spike harrow 钉齿耙,直齿耙,钉齿...
- spike dowel 钉栓
- spike voltage 峰值电压
- noise spike 噪声尖峰
- positive spike 正尖峰信号
- hand spike 杠杆
- dog spike 钩头道钉
- spike rod 道钉型钢
I..nailed the doors..with six-inch spikes.出自： K. Vonnegut
'Spike the twelve-pounder!' shouted Harry.出自： J. G. Farrell
Her brother..is intent on spiking his chances in the big race.出自：Video for You
- spear 矛
- impale 刺穿
- pierce 刺穿
- point 观点
- barb 倒钩
- thorn 刺
- spine 脊柱
- prickle (动物或植物上的)刺...
- thwart 反对
- confound 使困惑
- frustrate 挫败
- dash 猛冲
- run through 跑着穿过
- skewer 串肉杆
- puncture 刺穿
- stab 刺
- empale 刺穿
- capitulum [植]头状花序...
- lace 鞋带
- spike out 扣球出界
- spindle 纺锤
- stiletto heel (女式高跟皮鞋的)细鞋跟...
- spike heel 女子皮鞋上的高后跟...
- fortify 加强
- ear 听觉
- transfix 刺穿