- n. 龙头；塞子；窃听
- n. 轻拍；轻敲；鞋掌
- v. 轻拍；轻击；补鞋掌；选择
- v. 开发；利用；索要；装龙头；窃听
- 向…索要， 向…乞讨
- =Terminal Adapter for PHS，PHS 的终端适配器
- [C]塞子,龙头 an apparatus for controlling the flow of liquid or gas from a pipe or container, especially one for water
- [C][U]窃听电话 an actor example of tapping; a telephone or connection for doing this
- [C][U]轻敲,轻拍 a short light blow
- vt. & vi. 轻拍,轻敲 give a tap or taps to
- vt. 窃听 attach a listening device in order to eardrop
- vt. 开发利用 make accessible; open up
the sound made by a gentle blow
a gentle blow
a faucet for drawing water from a pipe or cask
a small metal plate that attaches to the toe or heel of a shoe (as in tap dancing)
a tool for cutting female (internal) screw threads
a plug for a bunghole in a cask
the act of tapping a telephone or telegraph line to get information
a light touch or stroke
cut a female screw thread with a tap
draw from or dip into to get something;
"tap one's memory"
"tap a source of money"
"He tapped me on the shoulder"
draw from; make good use of;
"we must exploit the resources we are given wisely"
tap a telephone or telegraph wire to get information;
"The FBI was tapping the phone line of the suspected spy"
"Is this hotel room bugged?"
furnish with a tap or spout, so as to be able to draw liquid from it;
"tap a cask of wine"
make light, repeated taps on a surface;
"he was tapping his fingers on the table impatiently"
walk with a tapping sound
dance and make rhythmic clicking sounds by means of metal plates nailed to the sole of the dance shoes;
"Glover tapdances better than anybody"
draw (liquor) from a tap;
"tap beer in a bar"
pierce in order to draw a liquid from;
"tap a maple tree for its syrup"
"tap a keg of beer"
make a solicitation or entreaty for something; request urgently or persistently;
"Henry IV solicited the Pope for a divorce"
"My neighbor keeps soliciting money for different charities"
- The water leaked from the tap drop by drop.
- She left the tap on and the bath ran over.
- The tap on the cask was dirty.
- The police had put a tap on his phone line.
- He felt a tap on his shoulder.
- There was a tap on the window.
- The tooth hurts when I tap it.
- That girl tapped her fingers on the desk impatiently.
- Pick an Album, pick a picture, and tap Choose to confirm.
- No load tap ranges should be selected to provide an adequate low-side bus voltage.
- We should tap natural resources.
- Since man is able to tap such resources as oil and metals, why can't he develop and harness other energy resources?
- We must tap manpower, land and material resources to the full.
- I managed to tap my father for another$10.
- My phone is being tapped.
- He forgot to turn the tap off.
- You left the tap running, and the bathwater is running over!
- There was a persistent sound of running water, although he had turned all the taps off.
- Telephone taps were played on tape recorders in court.
- She heard a few taps on the window.
- After a few taps the cover came loose.
- This music sets your feet tapping.
- He tapped his forehead knowingly.
- She tapped a typewriter all morning.
- They prepared to tap the nation's natural mineral wealth.
- The girls were tapping the rubber.
- The nurse tapped the patient's abdomen.
- The reporter tapped the spokesman for more information.
- The secret agent suspects that his phone is being tapped.
- We have enormous reserves of oil still waiting to be tapped.
- She tapped her girl to let her sleep.
- He tapped a stick against the window to let me know he'd arrived.
- on tap
随时供应的,现成的 ready for use when needed
- tap down (v.+adv.)
轻轻敲下 beat sth slightly
tap sth ⇔ down
Tap the lid down carefully so as not to break the contents.
- tap on (v.+prep.)
轻轻敲击(某表面); 轻击…(某部位) beat surface of sth; hit sb/sth lightly on (a part)
tap on sth
Someone is tapping on the door.
It's no use tapping on the door; we can't hear you in the back room.
I tapped on the window to let her know I was waiting for her.
我轻敲窗户,让她知道我在等她。tap sb/sth on sth
He tapped me on the shoulder.
All those not dancing were tapping their feet on the floor.
The teacher tapped her fingers on the desk impatiently.
A wood pecker tapped a hole in a tree.
- tap with (v.+prep.)
用…轻轻敲打 beat slightly with sth
tap with sth
Tap with the heel of your shoe on the window, and he will let us in.
- fall a tap on sb's head 敲某人的头
- give sb a tap on the arm 敲某人的肩膀
- hear a tap 听见有人敲
- leave tap 让龙头开着
- run tap 开着龙头
- turn off tap 关龙头
- turn on tap 开龙头
- tap assiduously 持之以恒地拍打
- tap casually 漫无目的地拍打
- tap cleanly 干净利落地拍打
- tap consciously 有意识地拍打
- tap continually 不停地拍打
- tap cruelly 粗鲁地拍打
- tap delightfully 高兴地拍打
- tap erratically 无规律地拍打
- tap gracefully 优美地拍打
- tap incessantly 连续拍打
- tap irregularly 无规律地拍打
- tap lightly 轻轻拍打
- tap nervously 神经质地轻拍
- tap occasionally 偶尔拍打
- tap powerfully 强有力地拍打
- tap quickly 很快地拍打
- tap rudely 无礼地拍打
- tap unsuitably 不合适地拍打
- tap in 敲进
- tap out 用(打字机)打出
Frank fetched him a glass of water from the tap at the sink.出自： P. Fitzgerald
By turning the outside tap the room could be flooded with gas.出自： Conan Doyle
A sharp double tap at the street-door announced the post.出自： F. Marryat
In the cellars of the monasteries the butlers were tapping new and old ale.出自： T. H. White
Wiggling a pen or tapping a typewriter.出自： H. Crane
If she had been carrying a fan she would surely have tapped his arm with it.出自： B. Pym
After taps is blown, the young campers have to turn out their lights and go to sleep.
- on tap, on the tap
- 这两个短语意思不同:on tap的意思是“随时供应的,现成的”; 而on the tap则指“在乞讨”“伸手要东西”。例如:
- She was always on the tap, borrowing sugar and milk.她借了糖又借牛奶,老是在伸手要东西。
- He gave a little tap at the door.
- He gave a little tap on the door.
- tap, knock, rap
- 这组词都有“敲打”的意思。它们的区别是:knock指用手、拳或其他硬的东西用力敲打; rap指用关节、棒等急速地敲,发出刺耳的声音使人们静下来; tap指用手指尖等徐徐地叩或拍。 例如:
- We rapped at the door, but there was no answer.我们笃笃地敲门,但无人回答。
- The chairman rapped on the table for order.主席敲桌子要求安静。
- She tapped her girl to let her sleep.她轻轻拍着女儿让她睡觉。
- He tapped his forehead knowingly.他会心地拍拍前额。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的taper，意为敲，打击。