- 秘密的,机密的 that other people are prevented from knowing about
- [S] 秘密,机密 sth kept hidden or known only to a few people
- something that should remain hidden from others (especially information that is not to be passed on);
"the combination to the safe was a secret"
"he tried to keep his drinking a secret"
- information known only to a special group;
"the secret of Cajun cooking"
- something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained;
"how it got out is a mystery"
"it remains one of nature's secrets"
- not open or public; kept private or not revealed;
"a secret formula"
- conducted with or marked by hidden aims or methods;
"clandestine intelligence operations"
"cloak-and-dagger activities behind enemy lines"
"a secret agent"
"secret sales of arms"
"surreptitious mobilization of troops"
"an undercover investigation"
- not openly made known;
"a secret marriage"
"a secret bride"
- communicated covertly;
"their secret signal was a wink"
- not expressed;
"secret (or private) thoughts"
- designed to elude detection;
"a hidden room or place of concealment such as a priest hole"
"a secret passage"
"the secret compartment in the desk"
- hidden from general view or use;
"a privy place to rest and think"
"a secluded romantic spot"
"a secret garden"
- (of information) given in confidence or in secret;
"this arrangement must be kept confidential"
"their secret communications"
- indulging only covertly;
"a secret alcoholic"
- having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding;
"the mystical style of Blake"
"the secret learning of the ancients"
- the next to highest level of official classification for documents
- His secret died with him, for he never told anyone.
- What new secrets of the universe will the new telescope reveal?
- What's the secret of baking perfect bread?
- We discovered a secret passage behind the wall.
- The congressman denied that the report was being kept secret.
He was tortured by the secret police, but they could not break his spirit.
They were forced to publish the secret news.
You can't fool me,I know about your secret plan!
He kept his money stored away in a secret place, lest his nephew should lay his hands on it.
That is my secret cottage in the country.
The kind medicine is based on a secret formula.
He's a devious, secret person and I don't trust him.
We discovered a secret passage behind the wall.
John is a secret admirer of Helen, though he has never spoken to her.
I'm a secret fan of soap operas on TV.
The plan is secret.
These plans must be kept secret from enemy.
He is rather secret about his private affairs.
He kept his illness secret from his wife.
She spilled the secret.
They told me not to reveal the secret.
He was on his honour not to tell the secret.
Guard the secret with your life, tell it to no one!
I couldn't resist telling him the secret.
His reputation had decided me to confide a secret to him.
The wedding date is a big secret.
He made no secret of his dislike for me.
What's your secret for this wonderful pastry?
The secret to more effective writing is simple:talk to your reader.
The scientists are searching after the secret of life on earth.
What's the secret of baking perfect bread?
- in secret
偷偷地,暗地里 without others knowing
They met in secret to discuss the arrangements. 他们秘密会见,商议了各种安排。
He had left the country in secret. 他已秘密出国。
He married her in secret. 他秘密地娶了她。
- 偷偷地,暗地里 without others knowing
- in the secret
知道内情 among those who know the secret
Is Phil in the secret? 菲尔是不是也知道其中的内情?
- 知道内情 among those who know the secret
- let in on a secret
让某人知道秘密 let sb know the secret let sb in on a secret
They talked in a suppressed voice as he were letting her in on a secret.他们谈话时声音压得很低,好像他在告诉她一个秘密似的。
If I were you,I wouldn't let her in on the secret.如果我是你的话,我不会叫她知道这个秘密。
- 让某人知道秘密 let sb know the secret let sb in on a secret
- secret agent 特务,间谍
- secret alarm 暗自惊慌
- secret code 密码
- secret diplomacy 秘密外交
- secret document 秘密文件
- secret door 暗门
- secret enemy 隐藏的敌人
- secret harbour 偏僻的海港
- secret joint 暗榫接合
- secret marriage 秘密婚姻
- secret meeting 秘密会议
- secret negotiation 秘密谈判
- secret parts 阴部
- secret passage 暗道
- secret rejoicing 暗自高兴
- secret treaty 秘密条约
- secret valley 幽谷
- strictly secret 绝对机密的
- break a secret 打破秘密
- disclose a secret 揭露秘密
- discover a secret 发现秘密
- explore a secret 探索秘密
- expose a secret 揭露秘密
- figure out the secret 发现〔找出〕奥秘
- give away a secret 泄露秘密
- guard a secret 保守秘密
- keep a secret 保守秘密
- know a secret 知晓秘密
- lay bare secret 揭露秘密
- let out the secret 泄露秘密
- offer a secret 提供秘密
- pass on the secret 传授秘诀
- possess this secret 掌握这一秘密
- pry a secret 探出秘密
- preserve a secret 保守秘密
- retain a secret 保守秘密
- reveal a secret 泄露秘密
- search out a secret 探出秘密
- sell a secret 出卖秘密
- spy out a secret 探出秘密
- steal a secret 窃取机密
- talk a secret 谈论秘密的事
- tell a secret 告诉秘密
- uncover a secret 公开一个秘密
- unlock a secret 揭露秘密
- yield a secret 泄露秘密
- dark secret 十分秘密
- dead secret 绝对秘密
- individual secret 个人秘密
- inside secret(s) 内部秘密
- open secret 公开的秘密
- technical secret 工业秘密
- top secret 绝密
- ugly secret 见不得人的内情
- valuable secrets 珍贵的机密
- vital secret 极重要的秘密
- well-kept secret 保守得十分严密的秘密
The engagement was..to be kept secret but..it leaked out.出自：M. M. Kaye
- in secret, in the secret
误 Please keep our marriage in secret as far as possible.
正 Please keep our marriage secret as far as possible.
正 Our marriage was kept in secret as far as possible.
析 “对某事保守秘密”用keep sth secret的结构, secret在此是形容词,作宾语补足语。in secret(秘密地,暗地里)一般只能作状语,可以用sth to be done in secret的形式。
误 This is to be kept a secret to the others.
正 This is to be kept a secret from the others.
析 secret如用作名词,可用keep sth a secret from或keep a/the secret from的结构表示“对…保守秘密”。
- ☆ 14世纪晚期英进入语，直接源自拉丁语的secretus，意为隐藏的。
- adj.(形容词) backdoor close deep concealed undercover underhand unpublished unseen covert confidential classified
- n.(名词) confidence mystery tips
- secretive adj. 遮遮掩掩的,守口如瓶的,秘密的‖secretively adv. 隐秘地
- secret:secret n. 秘密, 秘诀, 奥秘adj. 秘密的, 隐秘的, 幽静的、习惯用语a dark secret 十分秘密的事be in the secret 参与秘密dead secret 绝对的秘…