- [U]信任 faith; full trust
- [U]信心,自信 feeling of certainty; trust in one's own ability
- [C]知心话,秘密 secret which is told to sb
- freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities;
"his assurance in his superiority did not make him popular"
"after that failure he lost his confidence"
"she spoke with authority"
- a feeling of trust (in someone or something);
"I have confidence in our team"
"confidence is always borrowed, never owned"
- a state of confident hopefulness that events will be favorable;
"public confidence in the economy"
- a trustful relationship;
"he took me into his confidence"
"he betrayed their trust"
- a secret that is confided or entrusted to another;
"everyone trusted him with their confidences"
"the priest could not reveal her confidences"
- The servant enjoyed his master's confidence.
- The worst barrier to your success is not lack of money, but lack of confidence.
- The two girls told each other confidences about their boyfriends.
The servant enjoyed his master's confidence.
I had confidence, however, in my own youth and energy.
They sat in a corner exchanging confidences.
- in (strict) confidence
秘密地,暗中 as a secret
I should like to exchange a few words with you in confidence. 我想私下和你交换点意见。
I'll tell you in strict confidence that they are going to get divorced. 我想悄悄地告诉你他们打算离婚了。
- 秘密地,暗中 as a secret
- take into one's confidence
向…吐露心事; 以…为心腹 tell sb one's secrets take sb into one's confidence
He wouldn't take me into his confidence.他不愿把我当作知己。
- 向…吐露心事; 以…为心腹 tell sb one's secrets take sb into one's confidence
- capture〔enjoy, gain〕 sb's confidence 得到某人的信任
- create confidence 产生信心
- establish confidence 树立信心
- exchange confidences 谈知心话
- express confidence 表明自信心
- lack confidence 缺乏信心
- obtain the confidence of 取得…的信任
- place one's confidence in 对…给予信任
- put confidence in 相信…,信任…
- strict confidence 严加保密的话
- absolute〔complete, entire〕 confidence 完全信任
- full confidence 充分信任,充分的信心
- little confidence 不大相信,不大信任
- much confidence 非常相信〔信任〕
- perfect confidence 充分的信心
The King reposeth all his confidence in thee.出自：Richard II,Shakespeare
She had but a limited confidence in her brother's judgement.出自：H. James
- confidence, belief, faith, trust
这组词都可以表示“相信”。其区别在于:1.faith指有事实依据证明某人或某物真实可靠,毋庸置疑; belief是普通用语,指没有经过自己亲自观察和亲身经历就去相信,即使事实不真或根本不存在也不产生怀疑。例如:I have great belief in his ability to succeed.我相信他有能力获得成功。confidence指根据自己的观察,有充分的理由和证据承认某事是正确的。例如:I had confidence in my own youth and energy.我对自己的年轻和精力很有信心。trust指从本人直观感觉认为某人的行为是正确的、符合道德标准的,可以信托。例如:A child usually has perfect trust in his mother.孩子通常都很信任自己的母亲。2.faith后可接that从句; belief后也可接that从句。例如:Their great driving force is the belief that they are doing right.他们相信自己做得对的信念驱使他们前行。confidence除可接that从句外,还可接动词不定式。例如:I hadn't got enough confidence to go ahead .我没有足够的信心前进了。trust除可用作名词外,还可用作动词。例如:Can you trust his account of what happened?你相信他所说的这件事发生的原因吗?
- belief faith confidence conviction credit trust
- belief faith trust confidence
- belief:belief指“承认某事是真的, 尽管有或没有确凿的证据”。
- belief in ghosts.
- I have faith in his ability to succeed.
- trust:trust指“信赖”、“信任”, 含有“坚定的信念”的意思,。
- enjoy the trust of the people
- confidence:confidence指“在有证据的基础上相信”, 也常指“自信”、“有把握”。
- She has great confidence in her success.
- ☆ 1430年左右进入英语，直接源自古典拉丁语的confidentia；最初源自此语的confidentem(confidere的过去分词）：co (n表示一起） + fidere (信任），意为互相信任。
- confidence:《行骗天下》片名: 行骗天下 偷天奇谋 Confidence Confidence: After Dark主演: 安迪…