- 在内心深处， 在心底
- 深的 going far down from the top
- 位于深处的,纵深的 going far in from the outside or the front edge
- 深色的,浓重的 strong and dark
- 声音低沉的 of a sound low
- 强烈的,极度的,深厚的 strong and unlikely to change; extreme; intense
- 严重的,深厚的 seriously bad or damaging
- 理解深刻的 understanding difficult matters thoroughly; wise
- 深奥的,神秘的 difficult to understand; mysterious
- 深入地,深深地 in a great depth; deeply
- 到很晚 far along in time; late
- [S]深处 depth
- [S]海洋 the sea
- the central and most intense or profound part;
"in the deep of night"
"in the deep of winter"
- a long steep-sided depression in the ocean floor
- literary term for an ocean;
"denizens of the deep"
- relatively deep or strong; affecting one deeply;
"a deep breath"
"a deep sigh"
"a deep trance"
"in a deep sleep"
- marked by depth of thinking;
"a deep allegory"
- having great spatial extension or penetration downward or inward from an outer surface or backward or laterally or outward from a center; sometimes used in combination;
"a deep well"
"a deep dive"
"a deep casserole"
"a deep gash"
"deep pressure receptors in muscles"
"a deep closet"
"surrounded by a deep yard"
"hit the ball to deep center field"
"in deep space"
- very distant in time or space;
"deep in the past"
"deep in enemy territory"
"deep in the woods"
"a deep space probe"
"in deep trouble"
- having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range;
"a deep voice"
"a bass voice is lower than a baritone voice"
"a bass clarinet"
- strong; intense;
"a rich red"
- relatively thick from top to bottom;
- extending relatively far inward;
"a deep border"
- (of darkness) very intense;
"a face in deep shadow"
- large in quantity or size;
"deep cuts in the budget"
- with head or back bent low;
"a deep bow"
- of an obscure nature;
"the new insurance policy is written without cryptic or mysterious terms"
"a deep dark secret"
"the inscrutable workings of Providence"
"in its mysterious past it encompasses all the dim origins of life"
"rituals totally mystifying to visitors from other lands"
- difficult to penetrate; incomprehensible to one of ordinary understanding or knowledge;
"the professor's lectures were so abstruse that students tended to avoid them"
"a deep metaphysical theory"
"some recondite problem in historiography"
- exhibiting great cunning usually with secrecy;
"deep political machinations"
"a deep plot"
- to a great depth;far down;
- to an advanced time;
"deep into the night"
"talked late into the evening"
- to a great distance;
"penetrated deep into enemy territory"
"went deep into the woods"
- There is a deep divide between the two factions.
- The deer escaped to the deep forest.
- His personality left a deep impression on us.
- It's a deep and meaningful conversation.
- The grand building polarizes a deep local pride.
- We showed deep sympathy for her.
- The ship sank deep into the sea.
- We passed the deep of the ocean without any casualties.
It's a deep well.
They drilled a deep hole in the earth's crust.
The wind blew the snow into deep drifts.
When I'm tired,I like to relax into a deep armchair.
Don't go into deep water unless you can swim.
He took a deep breath.
Draw in a deep breath and let it out slowly.
Mother gave a deep sigh.
The sky was deep blue.
The color was a deep red.
Don't you love his deep, rich voice?
The singer's voice wasn't deep enough for the song; he had to force several low notes.
She lost her heart to the man with the broad shoulders and deep voice.
The company is in deep trouble again.
In his deep sleep he let the book fall out of his hand.
She secretly held a deep resentment towards her employer.
He lies in deep disgrace.
The young man nourished a deep affection for her.
She had a deep interest in it.
Deep feelings are hard to put into words.
He felt a deep urge to write about them.
Franklin had a deep conviction that we must learn to understand and to get on with our neighbours in this hemisphere.
They made a deep study of the works.
A deep subject is one that is hard to understand.
He understands the deep scientific principles of the thing.
He has a deep mind and is a deep thinker.
They sank the post one foot deep in the ground.
The river is not deep; we can walk through it.
The lake there is ten feet deep.
The well is very deep.
The lake is not so deep as it was a hundred years ago.
The valley was deep and there was a stream at the bottom.
The wound is deep.
The situation is deep to us.
He is deep in translation.
He is deep in learning.
The water's quite deep enough to dive in.
He deep exposed himself to his parents' influence.
He is deep in debt.
He frowned in deep thought.
She was deep in thought.
The sudden sound of the train whistle brought me to myself; I had not known how far I had been walking, deep in thought.
He is deep in mud.
Tom is deep in a book.
She is deep in love.
Her advice is deep within my soul.
Do not drink deep.
Still waters run deep.
Many moving stories of that time remain deep in people's hearts to this day.
He went in deep with his studies.
She was buried deep.
The corpse was buried deep in the ground.
Minerals are often found deep in the ground.
It was a wonder of the deep.
They are having a dip in the deep.
The deep has been gaining on the east coast of England for many years.
The deep is gaining on the land along the coast.
The deep is going down.
The deep has been eating away at this cliff for centuries.
He lost his way in the deep of the forest.
George began borrowing small sums of money to bet on horses, and before he knew it he was in deep.
- deep cold
严寒 in severe cold
The deep cold pinched his face. 他的脸冻得发痛。
The deep cold pierced his clothes. 严寒穿透他的衣服。
She was pressed by the hunger and deep cold. 她饥寒交迫。
How long will the deep cold go on? 这种严寒还得持续多久?
The deep cold has frosted the windows. 严寒使窗子结满了霜。
- 严寒 in severe cold
- deep poverty
赤贫 be very poor
Most of the people were ground down by the hunger and deep poverty. 大多数人受着饥饿和赤贫的折磨。
Their deep poverty forced their children into stealing. 赤贫逼迫他们的孩子去行窃。
He was frustrated by deep poverty. 他因赤贫而灰心丧气。
How can we get away from deep poverty? 我们怎样才能摆脱赤贫呢?
Crime and deep poverty still exist in big cities. 犯罪和赤贫在大城市里仍然存在。
He was pinched with deep poverty in those days. 在那些日子里,他穷困不堪。
The thief pleaded deep poverty. 那个贼以赤贫为托词。
- 赤贫 be very poor
- go off the deep end
勃然大怒; 突然发脾气 lose one's temper suddenly and violently
Tom went off the deep end when he heard the news. 汤姆听到这消息时勃然大怒。
It's no good going off the deep end over trifles. 为小事而勃然大怒实在没好处。
He became angry and completely went off the deep end. 他怒气冲天,大发雷霆。
Hearing this sarcastic remark, he went off the deep end. 一听到挖苦的话,他就勃然大怒。
- 勃然大怒; 突然发脾气 lose one's temper suddenly and violently
- deep down
事实上 in fact
He is only a boy deep down. 他实际上还是个孩子。
I used to think that this sweet tropical fruit grew on a bush, but later learned that it grows in the ground deep down. 我原以为这种甘美的热带水果长在矮树上,后来才知道,它实际是长在地里的。
Deep down they hope to kill two birds with one stone. 他们实际上是想一举两得。
- 事实上 in fact
- deep into
深入地 in a great depth
The harpoon drove deep into the body of the whale. 渔叉深深地扎进鲸鱼体内。
The knife cut deep into his arm. 这刀深深割入他的手臂。
Their fists were clenched so tightly that their nails dug deep into their palms. 他们紧握着拳头,指甲深深地陷入了手心。
We went deep into the jungle. 我们走进丛林深处。
His advice sank deep into my mind. 他的劝告深入我脑海。
He claimed he could see deep into the future. 他声称能洞察未来。
We were going deep into a problem. 我们正深入研究一个问题。
We talked deep into the night. 我们谈至深夜。
He always studies deep into the night. 他总是学习到深夜。
The meeting continued deep into the night. 会议一直开到深夜。
- 深入地 in a great depth
- drink deep of
大量喝下(某种液体) swallow a large quantity of (liquid)
After such a long thirsty journey, the travellers drank deep of the fresh spring. 经过使人口渴的长途旅行后,旅客们痛饮清凉的泉水。
大量吸收某物 take in a lot of sth
Drink deep of the wisdom of experienced people. 要尽力吸收有阅历人的知识。
- 大量喝下(某种液体) swallow a large quantity of (liquid)
- knee deep
深深地陷入 into a great depth
Every girl in Atlanta was knee deep in men, even the plainest girls were carrying on like belles. 亚特兰大的女孩子个个都有许多男人追求,就连最不出色的也像美人一样被男人紧紧缠住。
- 深深地陷入 into a great depth
- deep analogy 极其相似
- deep book 深奥的书
- deep breathing 深呼吸
- deep closet 里间
- deep cooling 深冷
- deep cutting 深切(刻),垂直录音
- deep disgrace 奇耻大辱
- deep drinker 酒量极大的人
- deep freezer (以极低温度快速)冷藏箱
- deep insight 深远的见解
- deep kiss 深吻(张口将舌伸至对方口内的吻)
- deep mourning 全身黑色的丧服
- deep need 主要
- deep oil 埋藏很深的石油
- deep one 十分狡猾
- deep place 深处
- deep ploughing 深耕
- deep question 深奥难懂的问题
- deep red 深红
- deep seam 凹缝
- deep space 外层空间
- deep thinker 思想深刻的人
- abysmally deep 深得无底地,深不可测地
- amazingly deep 深奥得令人惊异地
- astonishingly deep 深奥得难以理解
- dangerously deep 深陷得危险地
- enormously deep 极其深
- fabulously deep 深(奥)得惊人
- hideously deep 深得可怕
- immeasurably deep 深得无法计量
- immensely deep 深得无限地
- inscrutably deep 令人十分费解地
- marvellously deep 深(奥)得惊人
- mysteriously deep 非常神秘地
- obviously deep 深刻得显而易见
- prodigiously deep 深奥异常地
- profoundly deep 极深刻地
- quietly deep 深而寂静地
- unfathomable deep 深奥莫测地
- unutterably deep 深(奥)得难以言说地
- wondrously deep 深得惊人
- deep as a well 极深
- deep behind the frontier 深入国境线
- too deep for words 难于用言词表达
- deep in a subject 在某一学科上有很深的造诣
- with sb hands deep in his pockets 两手深藏在口袋里
- dig deep 深挖
- drink deep 痛饮
- go deep into a problem 深入研究某一问题
- go deep into the jungle 走进丛林深处
- see deep into the future 洞察未来
- talk deep into the night 谈到深夜
- deep behind the frontier 深入国境线
- deep in … 深陷于
- deep in a map 查阅地图
- deep in a subject 在某一学科上有很深的造诣
- deep in debt 债台高筑
- deep in love with … 深爱着
- deep in the heart of 深入…的中心
- deep in the mountains 在深山中
- deep in the night 深夜
- deep in work 埋头工作
- abound in the deep 盛产于深海
- cast into the deep 抛至深处
- conceal in the deep 隐蔽在深处
- draw into the deep 拖入深处
- fill deep 注满深处
- gaze at deep 凝视深处
- hide in deep 躲藏在深处
- lower to deep 降至深处
- pierce deep 突破深处
- pursue through deep 追击通过〔穿越〕深处,继续向纵深发展
- recede into the deep 退到球场边线处,向纵深退缩
- thunder in deep 震耳欲聋,震怒异常
- venture from deep 冒极大的危险
- the ocean deep 大洋深处
Some silent..mountain-pool, into whose black deeps you fear to gaze.出自：Carlyle
He feared the deep crevasses down which a man might slide.出自：I. Murdoch
It was fairly shallow in parts, and as deep as..fifteen feet in others.出自：J. C. Oates
The three men sat up deep into the night.出自：W. H. Dixon
Dusk settles deeper.出自：T. Williams
Her eyes were..sunk deep into her face.出自：L. Deighton
Still waters run deep.出自：Proverb
- deep的基本意思是“深的”,主要指从表面向下或向后〔内部〕延伸,也指“远离中心的”“深长的”“纵深的”。用于指事物时则指“深奥的”“难懂的”; 用于声音时指“深沉的”; 用于颜色时指“深色的”“浓重的”; 用于人时则指“内心深处的”“极度的”“深邃的”“深刻的洞察力、明辨力”等。
- deep与表示量度的名词构成形容词短语时, deep要放在度量词之后,而整个形容词短语又要放在所修饰的名词之后。
- deep down的意思是“实际上”,在句中作状语。
- deep, profound
这两个词的共同意思是“深刻的”,都可以表示理论的深奥、学问的渊博及感情的深厚等。其区别在于:1.deep可以用于具体事物,而profound则不能。例如:The river is ten meters deep.这河有10米深。2.deep可表示颜色之深,而profound则不可以。例如:He has deep brown eyes.他有一双深棕色的眼睛。3.profound是正式用语, deep为一般用语。例如:We all have profound admiration and respect for him.我们都非常钦佩和尊敬他。
- deep, deeply
这两个副词的共同意思是“深”。其区别在于:1.deep作“深深地”解,常用来修饰具体的或有形的动作或动作意义很强的分词; 而deeply作“深入地”“深刻地”解,通常用于引申的场合或比喻的意义,起增强语气的作用。例如:We went deep into the jungle.我们走进丛林深处。I deeply regret your misfortune.对你的不幸我深表遗憾。2.修饰形容词时习惯用deeply,不能用deep。例如:I'm deeply sorry for what has happened.我对发生的事情深感遗憾。3.形容静止状态时只能用deep,不能用deeply。例如:The ship sank deep into the sea.这船深沉海底。4.deep可作主语补足语; 而deeply一般只充当状语。5.deep须位于动词之后,而deeply可用于动词之后,也可位于动词之前。
- in deep waters, deep in the water
两者的意思并不相同:前者的意思是“在困境中”; 而后者的意思(船)吃水深。例如:He's been in deep waters ever since he got fired from his job.他被解雇后一直处在困境之中。The ship is deep in the water.这只船吃水很深。
误 The workmen dug out a deeply channel for the water.
正 The workmen dug out a deep channel for the water.
误 Gold is mined from deeply underground.
正 Gold is mined from deep underground.
析 deep用作形容词,修饰名词; 而deeply只用作副词,不可修饰名词。
误 We were all deep moved when we heard the news.
正 We were all deeply moved when we heard the news.
误 We are deep grateful for your support.
正 We are deeply grateful for your support.
- ☆ 直接源自中古英语的edp；最初源自古英语的edop，意为深的，深刻的，深切的，深厚的，深深地。
- deep:基本信息 专 辑：《Deep 》歌 手：吴浩康语 言：粤语 公 司：英皇娱乐 日 期：2003.09.15 介绍 有“靓仔版陈奕迅”之称英皇新人吴浩康(Deep)经过唱片公司一年多的“改造”及特训后…