- vt. 使高兴,使欣喜 cause (sb) great satisfaction, enjoyment, or joy
- vi. 感到高兴〔快乐〕 feel great pleasure
- [U]快乐,高兴 great pleasure; joy
- [C]使人高兴的东西或人 sth/sb that gives great pleasure
- a feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction;
"his delight to see her was obvious to all"
- something or someone that provides a source of happiness;
"a joy to behold"
"the pleasure of his company"
"the new car is a delight"
- give pleasure to or be pleasing to;
"These colors please the senses"
"a pleasing sensation"
- take delight in;
"he delights in his granddaughter"
- hold spellbound
- She clapped her hands in delight.
- The children were prancing about with delight.
- He takes great delight in painting.
- He delighted the audience with his performance.
He delights to talk about his family in the office.
That uncle of yours is always delighting to contradict me.
Why do you delight to tease me?
Your visit last week delighted us.
Her singing delighted everybody.
The new toys delighted the children.
The play delighted the audience.
Her playing of Chopin delighted the guests.
What delighted me most was that most of the students did well in the exam.
My husband bought me a gold necklace, which delighted me greatly.
Myths delight people because they imaginatively picture man's conquest of the forces of nature.
His words delighted our hearts.
A beautiful scene delights the eyes.
We are quite delighted.
We were delighted when Mr. White was named coach of our team.
It delights me to have made your acquaintance.
We shall be delighted to come.
Everybody was delighted to see her.
I'm delighted to hear you say that.
I'm delighted to read that book.
We were all delighted to receive your letter.
He was delighted to swim in big rivers.
We are delighted to have him here with us again.
Of course I will do it; I shall be delighted to.
I am delighted that you are all right now.
They were delighted that we were successful in our experiment.
We are delighted that we have won the victory.
They are delighted that they have exploded such a fallacy.
He was delighted that the date of marriage had been fixed.
I am delighted you are able to come.
I was delighted at the thought of seeing you again.
We were delighted at the opportunity to spend some time in that country.
John's parents were delighted at his examination results.
We were delighted by your success.
When he heard about the news his delight knew no bounds.
Never before has he known such delight.
The puppet show gave great delight to the children.
I felt the delight of seeing them again.
To her great delight she passed the examination with first-class honours.
She tried the medicine, and to her delight, improvement and relief from pain quickly followed.
He looked at me with delight.
I did not expect that he should promise with delight.
In contrast to Haas, he is a delight.
Your new book is a real delight!
The scene is a perfect delight to the eye.
The zoo is a delight for people of all ages.
Singing is her chief delight.
They discovered the delights of feeding chickens gradually.
Last year we sampled the delights of foreign travel.
It is a delight to watch the panda tumbling about on the lawn.
It is a delight for her to watch her daughter dance in the show.
- delight in (v.+prep.)
喜欢…; 以…为乐 take great pleasure in delight in sb/sth/v-ing
She delights in him.她喜欢他。
He delights in music.他喜爱音乐。
The Smiths delight in travels.史密斯一家喜欢旅游。
His wife delights in the new car.他妻子很喜欢这部新车。
They delight in children's literature.他们爱好儿童文学。
This is the kind of verbal sleight-of-hand that he delights in.他就喜欢玩这套文字游戏。
My father delighted in telling stories about my childhood.我父亲喜欢讲我童年的事。
My youngest brother delights in watching the monkeys in the zoo.我的小弟弟喜欢看动物园的猴子。
These youngsters delight in doing good deeds and helping others.这些年轻人喜欢做好事和帮助别人。
Jacelin seems to delight in making other people suffer.杰斯林似乎以使他人痛苦为乐。
I delighted in having my old friends at my home once again.我喜欢老朋友们再来我家做客。
That uncle of yours is always delighting in contradicting me.你的那位叔叔老喜欢同我抬杠。
- 喜欢…; 以…为乐 take great pleasure in delight in sb/sth/v-ing
- delight with (v.+prep.)
因…而使(某人)高兴; 喜爱… be very pleased about (sb/sth) delight sb with sb/sth
The child delighted his parents with mimicries.孩子学这学那,逗他的父母高兴。
Old china delights me with its delicate colour.我很喜爱古瓷器那种柔和的光泽。
He delighted himself with his success.他因自己的成功而兴奋。常用于 be ～ed 结构
My mother is delighted with my sister.我妈妈很喜欢我妹妹。
My teacher is delighted with my second article.老师对我的第二篇文章感到欣喜。
They were delighted with the result.他们对这结果感到高兴。
The children were delighted with the presents.孩子们得到礼物都很快活。
The whole family is delighted with the new house.全家人对这幢新房都很满意。
- 因…而使(某人)高兴; 喜爱… be very pleased about (sb/sth) delight sb with sb/sth
- take (a) delight in
以…为乐; 喜欢 find pleasure in (sth or doing sth) take (a) delight in sth/v-ing
He seems to take delight in petty cruelty.他好像喜欢说伤人的话。
Cage always takes delight in proving others wrong.凯奇总以证实别人错了为乐。
Brooks took a delight in inflicting pain on others.布鲁克斯喜欢让别人遭受痛苦。
She took a great delight in playing the piano.她非常喜欢弹钢琴。
- 以…为乐; 喜欢 find pleasure in (sth or doing sth) take (a) delight in sth/v-ing
- discover the delights of 发现…的乐趣
- experience the delight of 感受到…的喜悦
- express one's delight at 表达对…的喜悦心情
- feel the delight of 感受到…的喜悦
- give delight to 给…以欢乐
- savour the delights of 体会到…的乐趣
- take delight in 以…为乐
- home-felt delight 内心的喜悦
- immeasurable delight 无限的喜悦
- incommunicable delight 不能言传的喜悦
- infinite delight 无限的喜悦
- irresistible delight 极富诱惑力的乐事
- supreme delight 极度喜悦
- ungovernable delight 无法控制的喜悦
- unutterable delight 说不出的喜悦
- in high delight 兴高采烈地
He gazed! he thrilled with deep delight!出自：Coleridge
The branch of knowledge..in which he takes the greatest delight.出自：B. Jowett
She laughed as if the idea..delighted her.出自：W. Cather
More than pleased: he had been delighted.出自：A. Mason
- delight既可用作不及物动词,也可用作及物动词。用作及物动词时,一般接表人的名词作宾语,有时也可接人身体上的某个部位作宾语。delight可用于主动结构,但更常用于系表结构,其后可接介词at, by, with,动词不定式或that从句。这往往用在客套话里,指一时的情形。
- delight用作名词的基本意思是“快乐,高兴”,是不可数名词; 表示具体的“使人高兴的东西或人”时是可数名词。
- take (a) delight in后接动名词时,英国词典一般特指所喜欢的是令人不快的、甚至是残酷的事,但美国词典则没有这个意思。
- He was delighted to find that book.
- He delights to read novels.
- He seems to delight in (reading) novels.
- delight, joy, pleasure
这三个词的共同意思是“愉快”或“高兴”。其区别是：1.delight指“喜悦”或“高兴”,多表示突然、短暂的喜悦; pleasure指“愉快”,是一般交际性的礼貌用语,还可指外界对头脑或感官刺激而引起的快感; joy指“欢乐”或“愉快”,有时可替代delight和pleasure。例如:She grinned her delight.她露齿一笑表示高兴。I have the pleasure of presenting our opening speaker.我很荣幸地介绍一下我们的开场发言人。A smile often denotes pleasure.微笑常常是愉快的表示。This afforded him great joy〔pleasure〕.这使他感到快乐。2.joy在程度上比pleasure强; delight语气上要比pleasure更强。
- pleasure delight rapture enjoyment joy fun
- ☆ 直接源自古法语的delietir；最初源自拉丁语的delicatus，意为精美的东西使人愉快。
- delight:delight n. 快乐, 高兴, 喜悦v. (使)高兴, (使)欣喜 英英解释:名词delight:1. a feeling of extreme pleasure or satisfaction…