- n. [语]谓语；述语
- v. 断定；意味；宣称；基于
- adj. 谓语的
(logic) what is predicated of the subject of a proposition; the second term in a proposition is predicated of the first term by means of the copula;
"`Socrates is a man' predicates manhood of Socrates"
one of the two main constituents of a sentence; the predicate contains the verb and its complements
make the (grammatical) predicate in a proposition;
"The predicate `dog' is predicated of the subject `Fido' in the sentence `Fido is a dog'"
affirm or declare as an attribute or quality of;
"The speech predicated the fitness of the candidate to be President"
involve as a necessary condition of consequence; as in logic;
"solving the problem is predicated on understanding it well"
- The predicate should be in agreement with the subject in person and number.
- In general, a grammatical clause contains a subject and a predicate.
- Your proposal is acceptable, as we all predicate.
- His theory predicates the system of the universe.
- Most religions predicate life after death.
- He predicates his argument on the facts.
- He did not pay enough attention to the agreement of the subject and the predicate.
- In Chinese, a preposition plus a nominal structure used as the adverbial must be placed before the predicate, e.g.
- predicate on 以 ... 为基础...
- enumerating predicate 枚举谓词
- recursive predicate 递归谓词
- loop predicate 循环预测
- predicate language 谓词语言
- evaluable predicate [计] 可估价谓词...
- primitive recursive predicate 原始递归谓词,原始递...
- predicate logic 谓词演算
- false predicate 假谓词
- computable predicate 可算谓词
- outer predicate [计] 输出谓词...
- predicate transformer 谓词变换程序...
- initial predicate [计] 初始谓词...
- simple predicate 简单谓语
- compound predicate 复合谓语
'Is true' and 'is false'..are predicates by means of which we speak about statements.出自： W. V. Quine
Composing discourses, which..might not have been unprofitably predicated from the pulpit.出自：Blackwood's Magazine
The Pleistocene colonisation of Tasmania has long been predicated.出自：Nature
Who is there to punish us? Unless..we predicate some natural law of male dominance.出自： F. Weldon
- base 底部
- establish 建立
- found 建立
- ground 地面
- build 建造
- centre 中心
- center 中心
- rest 剩余的部分
- verb phrase 动词短语
- connote 意味着
- proclaim 正式宣布
- subject 话题