the quality of being widely admired or accepted or sought after;
"his charm soon won him affection and popularity"
"the universal popularity of American movies"
- Television has robbed the cinema of its former popularity.
- The Rudolf song is second only to "White Christmas" in popularity.
- Golf have gained popularity among the wealthy in my country.
- He has never courted popularity.
- His supporters fell away as his popularity declined.
- The popularity of the film stars waxed and waned.
- This policy led to an upswing in the party's popularity.
Men were always hovering around her...I may have been a little envious of her popularity.出自： S. Rosenberg
- fame 名声
- reputation 好名声
- glory 光荣
- vogue 时尚
- admiration 钦佩
- approval 同意
- acceptance 认可
- status 地位
- attractiveness 魅力
- regard 尊敬
- esteem 尊敬
- recognition 承认
- unpopularity 无人望