the sound made by something moving rapidly or by steam coming out of a small aperture
the act of whistling a tune;
"his cheerful whistling indicated that he enjoyed his work"
the act of signalling (e.g., summoning) by whistling or blowing a whistle;
"the whistle signalled the end of the game"
- Would you stop with the whistling?
- She walked along whistling, as happy as a lark.
- His tuneless whistling jarred on my nerves.
- His monotonous whistling grated on her nerves.
- It is said that ghosts are scared of whistling.
- The boy was whistling away merrily.
- It riles me when he won't stop whistling.