- n. 电话；电话机；听筒；耳机；[语]音素
- v. 打电话
- suf. 表示“声音”或“说 ... 语言的人”
- [C]电话 a telephone
- vt. & vi. 打电话 send a message to sb by telephone
electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds;
"I talked to him on the telephone"
(phonetics) an individual sound unit of speech without concern as to whether or not it is a phoneme of some language
electro-acoustic transducer for converting electric signals into sounds; it is held over or inserted into the ear;
"it was not the typing but the earphones that she disliked"
get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone;
"I tried to call you all night"
"Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- What's your phone number?
- I nearly smashed the phone in fury.
- She picked up the phone but didn't speak.
- I tuned the tone of the stone phone with a bone.
- Invest in a telephone headset for your office phone.
- She is waiting to answer the phone.
- If you have no other business, you may hang up the phone.
- Someone waited for you on the phone.
- If you want me for help, you should phone immediately.
- Father is phoning.
- We must phone for a doctor at once.
- She phoned her mother last night.
- I must phone your sister as I promised.
- Phone her when you arrive at the station.
- He phoned me to say he could not come.
- Imes phoned that he was going to France tomorrow.
- Mary phoned that her son was lost.
- I'll phone you the news.
- She phoned me that she was leaving by the first train.
- My classmates phoned me that they were coming.
- She was phoned the news of her father's death.
- She phoned the matter to me.
- You'd better phone your reply to me—a letter would take too long to arrive.
- phone in (v.+adv.)
打电话告知 send (a message) to some place by telephone
How many of our salesmen have phoned in so far?
到目前为止,我们有几个推销员打电话来汇报过情况了?phone sth ⇔ in
You should phone in your questions.
Haas phoned in the result of the poll.
Listeners to the radio show can phone in their opinions.
- phone up (v.+adv.)
〈英·非正〉给(某人)打电话 make a telephone to (sb)
phone sb ⇔ up
She phoned you up last night.
He'll soon phone you up and tell you all about it.
- answer〔receive〕 the phone 接电话
- hook up〔install〕 a phone 安装电话
- make a phone 打个电话
- pick up the phone 拿起听筒
- ring sb's phone 给某人打电话
- cordless phone 无线电话
- phone sth to 打电话告诉(某人)某事
- phone, call, ring
- 这组词都可表示“打电话”。它们的区别是:phone和ring常用于英式英语中, call则常用于美式英语中。例如:
- (BrE)I'll phone you.
- (BrE)I'll ring you.
- (AmE)I'll call you.
- ☆ 直接源自希腊语的phone，意为声音。
- telephone 电话
- call 呼叫
- receiver 听筒
- ring 戒指
- call up 给 ... 打电话...
- ring up 打电话
- buzz 发出嗡嗡声
- make a call 打电话
- handset 电话听筒
- headset 头戴式耳机
- mobile phone 移动电话
- mobile 移动的
- cell phone 移动电话
- cellphone 手机
- cellular phone 便携式电话
- earphone 耳机
- headphone 头戴式收话器...
- radiophone 无线电话
- extension 延长
- pager 呼机
- dial 拨号盘
- cordless phone 无线电话
- cordless 无线的
- phone 电话
- earpiece 头戴式耳机
- telephone set 电话机
- speech sound 语音
- sound 声音