- [U]电话 system of transmitting the human voice to a distance by wire or radio
- [C]电话机 instrument used for this, with a receiver and mouthpiece
- vt. & vi. 打电话给(某人),用电话通知 send (a message) or speak to (sb) by telephone
- electronic equipment that converts sound into electrical signals that can be transmitted over distances and then converts received signals back into sounds;
"I talked to him on the telephone"
- transmitting speech at a distance
- get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone;
"I tried to call you all night"
"Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
- Let me note down your address and telephone number.
- He put the telephone bill down as a business cost.
- Telephone me when you get through.
On hearing the news through the telephone she picked up her kit and dashed out of the door.
I told him through the telephone.
I spoke to him by telephone.
The company's financial reports came in by telephone.
You'd better take down my address and telephone number.
If the telephone rings, tell me, please.
The telephone will be hooked up in a few days.
When the telephone rang he picked up the receiver.
Please listen carefully for the telephone bell while I'm upstairs.
I put the telephone down and took up my work again.
Now that my mother has a telephone, it's much easier to get in touch with her.
A telephone has been installed in the house.
He put down the telephone.
I was so angry with him I slammed down the telephone.
I must go and telephone.
Why ever didn't you telephone?
Are you going to telephone or shall I?
Shall I telegraph or telephone?
I've been telephoning in the whole evening, but I couldn't speak to my parents.
Please telephone to me as soon as you get off the train.
In any event I'll telephone to you before I make a final decision.
It isn't proper to telephone to him at this late hour.
We can telephone to the manager for a car.
She telephoned to say she couldn't come.
He telephoned to say that he would be late a few minutes.
Betty unexpectedly telephoned to thank me.
I will telephone you delightfully.
Will you telephone me tomorrow?
Don't telephone me in the daytime.
Who telephoned you?
You telephone your brother and tell him this.
You can't telephone London directly from here. You have to go through the operator.
If you don't want to go to the shops, you can telephone your order.
Have you telephoned the message to your family?
He telephoned that he would come in the afternoon.
He telephoned,“Is it this Thursday or next?”
He telephoned me the news.
I telephoned your uncle the bad news.
I telephoned my parents a Merry Christmas.
Father telephoned a message to me.
Please telephone your reply to me—a letter would take too long to arrive.
He telephoned a happy birthday to her.
He telephoned me that he wanted to see us tonight.
He telephoned us that he would be late.
He telephoned Peter that he could not go with us.
I telephoned Mother to come.
She telephoned us to return home.
He telephoned the steamship office to find out what time the steamer is due.
- on the telephone
接上电话,接通电话 connected to the telephone system
Is he on the telephone? 他那里装有电话吗?
They've just moved and they're not on the telephone yet. 他们刚搬的家,还没接通电话。
使用电话 using the telephone
She's on the telephone at the moment. 她现在正在打电话。
You are wanted on the telephone. 请你去接电话。
She had already told me on the telephone about it. 她已在电话里把这件事告诉我了。
I visited with him on the telephone yesterday. 昨天我同他在电话中交谈了一次。
- 接上电话,接通电话 connected to the telephone system
- telephone for (v.+prep.)
打电话叫 try to reach a place or person by telephone telephone for sb/sth
I'll telephone for the doctor.我去打电话叫医生。
Would you telephone for a taxi?你打电话叫辆出租汽车好吗?
- 打电话叫 try to reach a place or person by telephone telephone for sb/sth
- telephone in (v.+adv.)
用电话把信息传到某地 send a message into a place by telephone telephone in
She telephoned in to find out what was happening.她打电话回去查问发生了什么事。telephone sth ⇔ in
The reporter stopped for only a few minutes to telephone his story in before rushing home.那位记者在赶回前仅作了几分钟的停留,使用电话发回了他的新闻。
- 用电话把信息传到某地 send a message into a place by telephone telephone in
- answer a telephone 接电话
- disconnect a telephone 切断电话线路,挂断电话
- have a telephone 有电话
- hold the telephone 别挂断电话
- hook up a telephone 安装电话
- install a telephone 装电话
- pick up the telephone 拿起听筒
- put in a telephone 安装电话
- remove a telephone 拆除电话
- ring off the telephone 挂断电话
- set up telephone 安装电话
- sever a telephone 切断电话
- tap a telephone 窃听电话
- use the telephone 打电话
- cordless telephone 无绳电话
- dial telephone 手拨电话
- long-distance telephone 长途电话
- private telephone 私人电话
- public telephone 公共电话
- ship-to-shore telephone 海陆联络电话
- wireless telephone 无线电话
- automatic telephone 自动电话
- newly-installed telephone 新安装的电话
- office telephone 办公室电话
- pay telephone 公用电话
- picture telephone 图像电话
- radio telephone 无线电话
- video telephone 可视电话
- wall telephone 壁挂式电话
- telephone book 电话号码簿
- telephone box 公用电话亭
- telephone directory 电话号码簿
- telephone exchange 电话局
- telephone number 电话号码
- telephone operator 电话接线员,话务员
- telephone set 电话机
- by telephone 用电话联系,打电话
- on the telephone 用电话,在打电话
- over the telephone 用电话,在打电话
- through the telephone 通过电话
- to the telephone 听电话
- telephone by the bedside 床边电话
- telephone for private purposes 私事电话
- telephone in the office 办公室内的电话
- telephone in the room 房内电话
- telephone on the desk 办公桌上的电话
- telephone courteously 有礼貌地打电话给(某人)
- telephone delightfully 高兴地打电话通知(某人)
- telephone extemporaneously 临时打电话给(某人)
- telephone ignobly 不光彩地打电话给(某人)
- telephone impatiently 急不可耐地打电话给(某人)
- telephone unexpectedly 出乎意料地打电话通知(某人)
- telephone unhesitatingly 毫不犹豫地打电话给(某人)
The telephone rang. Linc sighed..and picked up the receiver.attrib.:出自：E. Segal
- telephone表示“电话”,指利用电流使两地的人相互交谈的技术或装置,用作不可数名词; 也可指“电话机”,用作可数名词。
- telephone sb 和 telephone to sb 意思均是“给某人打电话”。
- telephone, telegram, videophone
这组词的意思并不相同：其区别在于：1.telegram的意思是“电报”,指用电信号传递文字、图表等的通信方式。2.telephone的意思是“电话,电话机”,常简缩为phone,为可数名词,指利用电流使两地的人互相交谈的装置。例如:Have you a telephone in the house?你家有电话吗?3.videophone的意思是“可视电话”,指通话时可在荧光屏上直接见到对方形象。例如:The word “ready” appears on the screen of the videophone.可视电话机的荧屏上出现了“请通话”这个词。
误 The telephone rang and he immediately went to receive it.
正 The telephone rang and he immediately went to answer it.
析 “接电话”通常不说receive the telephone,可以说answer the telephone。
- mobile phone移动电话
- cell phone移动电话
- cellular phone便携式电话
- call up 给 ... 打电话...
- car phone汽车电话
- give a call打电话
- ring up打电话
- telephone set电话机
- telephone:电话电话：是通过电信号双向传输话音的设备。通常人们将亚历山大·格拉汉姆·贝尔(Alexander Graham Bell）认为是电话的发明者。“电话”是日本人生造的汉语词，用来意译英文的teleph...…