the final payment of a debt
payment made to a person in a position of trust to corrupt his judgment
the income or profit arising from such transactions as the sale of land or other property;
"the average return was about 5%"
a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing;
"the wages of sin is death"
"virtue is its own reward"
- One of the payoff of a university degree is increase earning power.
- Until now the payoff of these reforms has not been seen.
- Where are we going to make the payoff?
- He got a payoff before the retirement.
- The problem, they say, is that some viewers don't like to be left at the close of a season by cliffhanger shows that lack an emotional payoff.