- n. 报答；赏金；报酬
- vt. 奖赏；给 ... 报酬
- [C][U]报酬,报答,奖赏,报偿 (sth gained or received as) a return for doing sth good or valuable
- [C]赏金,酬金 an amount of money given to sb who helps the police or brings back lost property
- vt. 酬谢,奖赏 give a reward to (sb) or for (an action)
a recompense for worthy acts or retribution for wrongdoing;
"the wages of sin is death"
"virtue is its own reward"
payment made in return for a service rendered
an act performed to strengthen approved behavior
the offer of money for helping to find a criminal or for returning lost property
benefit resulting from some event or action;
"it turned out to my advantage"
"reaping the rewards of generosity"
bestow honor or rewards upon;
"Today we honor our soldiers"
"The scout was rewarded for courageous action"
strengthen and support with rewards;
"Let's reinforce good behavior"
act or give recompense in recognition of someone's behavior or actions
- An act of kindness deserves a reward.
- By rights, half the reward should be mine.
- You have received a just reward.
- They rewarded the winners with gifts of fruits and flowers.
- Anyone providing information which leads to the recovery of the painting will be rewarded.
- He will expect some reward after working so hard.
- The rewards of study cannot always be measured in money.
- The police are offering a big reward for information about the robbery.
- As a reward for passing his examination, he got a new watch from his parents.
- How can I reward your kindness?
- I shall reward his services.
- Success rewarded his efforts.
- Anyone returning the necklace will be handsomely rewarded.
- Those who protect the oil field will be rewarded.
- Our efforts were rewarded by success.
- in reward
作为酬报as return for doing sth good or valuable
- reward for (v.+prep.)
由于…而给予(…)报酬 give a reward to sb for sth
reward sb for sth/v-ing
Is that how you reward me for my help?
I shall reward him for his services.
We rewarded him for finding our lost cat.
In our society, children are rewarded for good behaviour.
- as a reward for 作为对…酬谢
- reward for labor 劳动报酬
- reward one's effort 回报某人的努力
- reward one's help 报答某人的帮助
- reward one's kindness 报答某人的好意
- reward one's services 酬谢某人的劳绩
- reward abundantly〔amply〕 充分地报偿
- reward bountifully〔handsomely,richly〕 优厚地酬谢
- reward financially 给予经济报偿
- reward fitly 适当地酬谢
- reward generously〔lavishly,liberally〕 慷慨地酬报
- reward monetarily 用金钱酬报
- reward politically 从政治上酬报
- reward for 由于…而给予酬报
Owre lord..took Reward to his Good lyf.出自： H. Lovelich
Thou hast rewarded mee good, whereas I haue rewarded thee euill.出自：Bible (AV): 1 Samuel
reward sb for sth同reward one's sth的表达方式都可以。
They rewarded him for his great services.
They have rewarded him $100.
应该改成They have rewarded him with $100.
This is a peticularly rewarding moive.
- reward, prize
- 这两个名词的共同意思是“奖赏”。prize指在比赛中获得好成绩而受奖,通常为奖杯或钱物; reward指由于某种行为而获得奖励,尤指金钱等形式的奖赏。
- reward, award
- 这两个词都可表示“给予”,它们的区别是：award强调“授予”(奖章、奖金等),后面可接两个宾语：被授予的人和所授的奖励; reward则强调“报酬”,只能以人或人的行为作宾语,如果要说明以何为报酬,须加with短语。
- ☆ 1300年左右进入英语，直接源自古法国北方语的reward，意为观察。