- 通过 ... 预订
- [C] 书，书籍 number of printed or written sheets of paper bound together in a cover
- [P] 账簿 written records of the finances of a business; accounts
- [C] （大型著作的）卷，篇，部 any of the main divisions of a large written work
- [C] 歌剧的歌词 the words of an opera
- vt. & vi. 预订 ask and pay for a seat for the theatre, a journey etc.; reserve〔arrange〕 in advance to have sth
- vt. 登记，记账 write down orders, etc. in a notebook
- vt. 订立演出契约 hire in advance
a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together);
"I am reading a good book on economics"
physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together;
"he used a large book as a doorstop"
a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone;
"Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"
"his name is in all the record books"
a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance
a record in which commercial accounts are recorded;
"they got a subpoena to examine our books"
a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game
a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made;
"they run things by the book around here"
the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
the sacred writings of the Christian religions;
"he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
a major division of a long written composition;
"the book of Isaiah"
a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge;
"he bought a book of stamps"
engage for a performance;
"Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance;
"reserve me a seat on a flight"
"The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"
"please hold a table at Maxim's"
record a charge in a police register;
"The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
register in a hotel booker
- That student lost his book yesterday.
- Write the essay in your (exercise-)books, not on rough paper.
- I'll book you on a direct flight to London.
- You'll have to book early if you want to see that fashion show.
- He was booked on a charge of speeding.
- He was booked by the referee for foul play.
- What's the title of the book?
- The book runs to 500 pages.
- This is a book of pictures, travels and poetry.
- This book throws all the others into the shade.
- I find it hard to lay the book down until the final page is reached.
- He never lends books; he says it's too difficult to get them back.
- He wrote a book on the experience of his tour.
- He ordered some new books.
- I hope you were pleased with the book I sent you.
- I have presented you with this book.
- I have read your book with pleasure and profit.
- I will return you the book you lent me.
- The book is uncut.
- He bought a six-penny book.
- He studies his books.
- The subject of the book is interesting.
- It's not enough just to have book learning.
- I have read your book with pleasure.
- He has written three books on economics.
- I bought a book in several volumes.
- I wrote a book.
- I've written a book on Shakespeare.
- Out of the material thus accumulated he has built a book.
- The book is unpretending.
- I sincerely hope you will be able to get your book out soon.
- He defends his doctrine in his new book.
- Write your name on the visitor's books, please.
- I went to the telephone book, but couldn't find her address.
- I have consulted a number of law books in the British Museum.
- Where's my exercise-book?
- Many moving comments have been recorded in the visitors' book.
- A book is no better or worse than its author.
- Books and friends should be few but good.
- I can't quite see how to put this thing together; where's the book of words?
- This book is out of print.
- After the criminal's trial and conviction, the district attorney finally closed the books on the case.
- I can't go to the movies tonight; I have to hit the books.
- He is buried in his books.
- This is a ticket book.
- Their books are not in order.
- He keeps my books.
- The books were closed for auditing.
- She wrote the music and he wrote the book.
- The book is bound in crimson morocco.
- The book may have been misplaced somewhere else.
- This book deals with an important social problem.
- The book had a good sale.
- The book is reprinting.
- You'll have to book early if you want to see that show.
- If you want to go to London, you'd better book early in the morning.
- I'd like to book a seat to Munich for Monday the tenth.
- We are glad to have booked with you 1000 dozen Men's shirts.
- We have booked your order.
- He booked all the orders from his customers.
- He booked the suspect on a charge of breaking and entering.
- They booked him on suspicion.
- Seats can be booked from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The hotel was fully booked.
- Seats for the game can be booked one week in advance.
- That transaction was not booked yet.
- All the four pieces of her baggage were booked to San Francisco.
- You are being booked.
- We've booked the orchestra to appear here on Saturday.
- She booked me a seat.
- He booked a ticket for me.
- a closed book
自己一无所知的科目 subject about which one knows nothing
- according to〔by〕 the book
严格按照规章办事 strictly according to the rules
- one for the book(s)
不平常的事 sth worth noting〔recording〕
- read like a book
清楚地了解某人的动机、思想等 understand clearly sb's motives, thoughts, etc.
read sb like a book
I can read you like a book:you're not sorry at all.
I know what he'll probably do—I can read him like a book.
- suit one's〔sb's〕 books
对某人方便；合某人心意 be convenient or acceptable to sb
- throw the book at
〈非正〉严惩，严斥；尽量往…身上加罪名 be punished; make as many accusations as possible
- an open book
直爽而容易了解的人 person who is easily understood and very frank
- be at one's books
用功地学习 study hard
- be in sb's good〔bad〕 books
得到〔得不到〕某人的好感或赞许 have〔not〕 have sb's favour or approval
- bring to book
审查；盘问；惩罚某人 require sb to give an explanation of his behaviour; punish sb
bring sb to book
He was eventually brought to book for his treachery.
- every〔any〕 trick in the book
每一种〔各种〕招数或计谋 every〔any〕 trick that can be used to achieve what one wants
- in one's book
〈口〉按某人个人看法 in one's own opinion
- like a book
彻底地，正确地，准确地 very clearly
- on〔off〕 the books
在〔不在〕名册上 (not) in the record
- book down (v.+adv.)
登记 put down in a book; register
- book for (v.+prep.)
因…而记下名字 write down (one's) name for (some) reason
be booked for sth
I'm afraid he's booked for a long illness.
I am booked for it.
我逃不了啦!我要倒霉了!book for sth
He has booked for the play.
He booked for the following day's bus.
I've booked four seats for Friday's concert.
我已订了4个星期五的音乐会的座位。book sb for v-ing
The driver was booked for exceeding the speed limit.
He was booked for speeding.
Wendy passed her driving test and was booked for speeding the very next day.
- book in (v.+adv.)
为…订房间 reserve a place for sb in one hotel
We booked in at 3 o'clock.
He booked in immediately on arrival at the university.
Where do we book in?
Would you please book in?
Those people haven't booked in yet.
We booked in as soon as we arrived at the Royal Hotel.
It is time for you to book in.We have no time to lose.
They haven't booked in; I don't think the receptionist has noticed them.
He booked in at that hotel.
It is always advisable to book in early when you want a hotel room in the tourist season.
You have to book in before you can move into the hotel.
Looking through the reception book of the hotel we found our purchasing agent had booked in three days before.
Always insist upon seeing your room before booking in.
在住旅馆登记之前一定要坚持先看一下你的房间。book sb/sth in
One of the attendants booked us in while two others helped us carry our things upstairs.
It was alleged that Martin, who did not arrive on time, had been booked in by Arnold.
Detailed items of all the goods to be shipped have to be booked in.
待运货物的细目均须登记。book sb in
I had booked us in at a hotel in Torquary.
I've booked you in at the Grand Hotel.I hope you approve.
Let's book him in at the Hilton Hotel.
My aunt is coming to stay so I've booked her in at the nearest hotel.
If they're only staying for two nights,I suggest that you book them in at the Palm Beach.
- book into (v.+prep.)
签到,登记 sign one's name on the list of guest at the hotel, etc.
book into some place
He booked into the Hilton Hotel last night.
- book off (v.+adv.)
〈美·非正〉(尤指因与雇主不和)宣布某一天不上工 declare one's intention not to work on a particular day, especially because of a disagreement with one's employer
When I was working on the railway,I had to book off after eight hours' work.
我在铁路工作时,八小时工作后必须作交班报告。book off sick
Three hundred men have booked off sick at the car factory.
- book out (v.+adv.)
客满 have all one's space filled
I'd like to book out early in the morning.
I'll book out for all of us.How much should I pay?
我去为我们大家结账。我应该付多少钱?book sb out
He booked me out.
The clerk is busy booking the guests out.
服务员忙于为顾客结账。book sth out
I'm sorry, the hotel is booked out.
- book out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
逐出,开除 informal make sb leave a house, job, club, etc., often because of bad behaviour or bad work
book sb out of sth
Now that they've decided to build a shopping centre, nearly a hundred local people are going to be booked out of their homes.
- book through (v.+adv.)
订购直达票 buy a ticket for the whole of a divided journey
If you have to change trains in London, you may be able to book through; ask the ticket collector.
如果你必须在伦敦换车,也许可以订直达票,你可以问一下收票员。book through to sth
I shall book through to Nanchang.
Can I book through to Naples?
我能订一张直达那不勒斯的票吗?book sb sth through to sth
Can you book me a ticket through to Naples?
- book up (v.+adv.)
预订,预订座位 make reservations; have no free time left through pressure of engagements, etc.
〔说明〕 book up不用于被动结构。
If you want to go to Hangzhou for your holiday, you ought to book up now.
You will have to book up early if you want to see that film.
如果你想看电影,那么你将不得不提前订票。book sb/sth ⇔ up
He would like to book up the ticket for tomorrow.
They have booked the whole place up for weeks.
All the hotels are booked up for the season, you will never find anywhere to book in at now.
The performance is booked up.
It's booked up; I can't get tickets.
I'm booked up all next week.
Sorry,I cannot come; I am already booked up for that evening.
The singer is always booked up for a year ahead.
I'm afraid I can't come; I'm booked up all next week.
I might go out if I had anybody to go with.Are you fully booked up?
I'm afraid I can't see you this week; I am booked up every evening.
- abridge a book 节删一本书
- balance one's books 结算账目
- copyright a book 以版权保护一本书
- devour a book 贪婪地读一本书
- edit a book of poetry 编辑一部诗集
- examine the books 查账
- finish a book 读〔写〕完一本书
- gallop through a book 匆匆看完一本书
- hit the book 〈美〉用功
- hold book （演出时）当提词人
- keep books 记账
- look through the books 查账
- ban a book 查禁一本书
- make book 下赌注或接受赌注
- mend a book 修订书
- mutilate a book 把书删改得支离破碎
- notice a new book 介绍一本新书
- open a book 打开书
- order a book 订购某书
- peruse a book 精读一本书
- pirate a book 非法偷印一本书
- proofread a book 校对一部著作
- publish a book 出版一本书
- bind a book 装订一本书
- pulp old books 把旧书做成造纸的纸浆
- put out a book 出版一本书
- read a book 读一本书
- recommend a book 推荐一本书
- replace a book on the shelf 把书放回书架上去
- reread a book 重读一本书
- reset a book 对一本书进行改版
- return a book 还书
- review a book 评论一本书
- shut the books 结账,停止营业
- borrow a book 借本书
- skim a book 略读一本书
- stack up the books 把书撂起来
- tear one's book 把书撕毁
- translate a book 翻译一本书
- write a book 写书
- bring out a book 出版一本书
- buy a book 买书
- catalogue a book 编图书目录
- censor a book 审查一本书
- close a book 合上书
- banned book 禁书
- bargain book 廉价书
- quotable book 值得引用的书
- rare book 珍本
- readable book 值得一读的书
- sumptuous book 精装书
- tedious book 枯燥无味的书
- thick book 厚书
- thin book 薄书
- thought-provoking book 启迪思想的书
- trashy book 毫无价值的书
- useful book 有用的书
- best-selling book 畅销书
- valuable book 有价值的书
- weighty book 有分量的著作
- well-bound book 装帧精致的书
- well-thumbed book 翻得很旧的书
- wonder-stirring book 令人惊异的书
- absorbing book 引人入胜的书
- authoritative book 权威性的著作
- enjoyable book 有趣的书
- exciting book 扣人心弦的书
- illustrated book 有插图的书
- blank book 空白本子
- indexed book 附有索引的书
- indifferent book 平凡的书
- informative book 资料丰富的书
- instructive book 有教益的书
- ancient book 古籍，古书
- chained books 线装书
- dirty books 淫秽书籍
- dull book 枯燥无味的书
- famous book 名著
- foul books 淫秽书籍
- deep book 内容深奥的书
- funny book 有趣的书
- handwritten book 手抄书
- hot-selling books 畅销书
- indecent books 淫秽书籍
- interesting book 有趣的书
- lewd books 淫秽书籍
- long book 篇幅长的书
- musty old books 发霉的旧书
- original book 原版书
- practical book 实用的书
- defamatory book 诽谤他人的书
- serious book 内容严肃的书
- short book 篇幅短的书
- the Good Book 《圣经》
- weak book 没有什么价值的书
- White book 白皮书
- closed book 没法搞清楚的事〔人〕，已了结的事
- open book 一目了然的事物，坦率的人
- difficult book 难读的书
- low-priced book 廉价书
- most delightful and refreshing book 读来令人心旷神怡的书
- popular book 通俗读物
- check book 支票簿
- comic book 连环漫画册
- complaint book 意见簿
- cookery book 烹饪指南
- history book 历史书
- juvenile book 少年读物
- memorandum book 备忘录
- note book 笔记本
- picture book 图画书
- reference book 参考书
- rent book 租借账本
- story book 故事书
- account books 会计账册,存折
- address book 通讯录
- bank book 银行存折
- cook book 烹调书
- copy book 习字帖
- day book 日记账
- detective book 侦探小说
- exercise book 练习本
- geography book 地理书
- guide book 旅行指南
- hand book 手册
- language book 语言书
- library book 图书馆的书
- note book 笔记本
- play book 剧本
- pocket book 袖珍本
- ring book 〈美〉电话簿
- school book 教科书
- song book 歌曲集
- style book 样本
- telephone book 电话号码簿
- text book 教科书
- word book 词典
- year book 年鉴
- children's book 儿童读物
- visitors' book 来客登记簿
- book end 书夹
- book mark (er) 书签
- book notice 书评
- book account 往来账户,账户科目
- book balance 账面余额
- book case 书柜
- book club 读书会
- book confirmation 订货确认
- book industry 图书行业
- book knowledge 书本知识
- book man 文人
- book seller 书商
- book shelf 书架
- book store 书店
- book value 账面价值
- book worm 书痴
- book to be published 出版一本书
- by the book 按常规
- go by the book 一丝不苟地按规则办事
- annotated edition of the book 这本书的注释版本
- off the books 除名，退会
- on the books 已登记，记入名册
- without book 凭记忆，无根据，任意
- from a book 从书中
- in a book 在书中
- be in sb's black books 失宠
- be in sb 's good books 得宠
- a set of books 一套书
- the catalogues of books 图书目录
- the index of a book 一本书的索引
- pirated edition of the book 那本书的非法翻印版本
- book about 有关…的书
- book about law 有关法律的书
- book at press 印刷中的书
- book by double entry 复式簿记
- book for pleasure 供消遣的书
- book for visitors 来访登记
- book in English 用英文撰写的书
- book in print 正在印制中的书
- book of stamps 集邮簿
- a book of tickets 一本票子
- book of travel 旅行随笔
- book on 论…的书
- book on hypnotism 催眠术论著
- book on law 有关法律的书
- book on popular science 科普读物
- book out of print 绝版书
- book a call 预约电话
- book a container 预订集装箱
- book a flight 预订机票
- book a hotel room 预订旅馆房间
- book a passage 预订船票
- book a performance 预订一场演出的票
- book a room 预订房间
- book a seat 订了个座位
- book a table 预订宴席
- book a train ticket 预订火车票
- book one's passage 订购船票
- book ticket 订票
- book fully 全部预订
- book down 入账
- book in 预订，签到，办理（住入旅馆的）登记手续
- book off 登记下班
- book out 客满，办离开（旅馆的）手续
- book through 预订直达…车票
- book up 替人预订，预约
The witnesses, that subscribed the booke of the purchase.出自：Bible (AV): Jeremiah
- book是可数名词，基本意思是“书，书籍”，还可指“（大型著作的）卷，篇，部”，歌剧中的“歌词，脚本”，当表示“账册”时，用the books。
- a book泛指各种书中的一本；如果指许多相同书中的一本，则应说a copy of book。
- book up表示“事先保留，预订”，常见于英式英语中。book in表示“在旅馆登记”，多用于英式英语中。作“签到，注册”解时，在英国和美国均用。
- book, pamphlet, volume
- A novel in four volumes一部4卷本的小说；a volume of his poetry他的一本诗集；pamphlet指“小书”“小册子”，但并不见得不重要。例如：
- scholarly monographs published as pamphlet以小册子形式出版的学术专著。
- bring a book to sb 把一本书带给某人
- bring sb to a book 申斥某人
- This is a book used. 这是一本已使用的书。
- This is a used book. 这是一本旧书。
- book, reserve
- Some seats on train are reserved for the old and handicapped.列车上有些座位是留给老人和残疾人的。
误 He has not much time to read books.
正 He has not much time to read.
析 一般表示“读书”，说read即可，不说read books。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的boc，意为书，书写；最初源自原始日耳曼语的boliz，意为山毛榉。