- 通过 ... 预订
- [C] 书，书籍 number of printed or written sheets of paper bound together in a cover
- [P] 账簿 written records of the finances of a business; accounts
- [C] （大型著作的）卷，篇，部 any of the main divisions of a large written work
- [C] 歌剧的歌词 the words of an opera
- vt. & vi. 预订 ask and pay for a seat for the theatre, a journey etc.; reserve〔arrange〕 in advance to have sth
- vt. 登记，记账 write down orders, etc. in a notebook
- vt. 订立演出契约 hire in advance
- a written work or composition that has been published (printed on pages bound together);
"I am reading a good book on economics"
- physical objects consisting of a number of pages bound together;
"he used a large book as a doorstop"
- a compilation of the known facts regarding something or someone;
"Al Smith used to say, `Let's look at the record'"
"his name is in all the record books"
- a written version of a play or other dramatic composition; used in preparing for a performance
- a record in which commercial accounts are recorded;
"they got a subpoena to examine our books"
- a collection of playing cards satisfying the rules of a card game
- a collection of rules or prescribed standards on the basis of which decisions are made;
"they run things by the book around here"
- the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina
- the sacred writings of the Christian religions;
"he went to carry the Word to the heathen"
- a major division of a long written composition;
"the book of Isaiah"
- a number of sheets (ticket or stamps etc.) bound together on one edge;
"he bought a book of stamps"
- engage for a performance;
"Her agent had booked her for several concerts in Tokyo"
- arrange for and reserve (something for someone else) in advance;
"reserve me a seat on a flight"
"The agent booked tickets to the show for the whole family"
"please hold a table at Maxim's"
- record a charge in a police register;
"The policeman booked her when she tried to solicit a man"
- register in a hotel booker
- That student lost his book yesterday.
- Write the essay in your (exercise-)books, not on rough paper.
- I'll book you on a direct flight to London.
- You'll have to book early if you want to see that fashion show.
- He was booked by the referee for foul play.
What's the title of the book?
The book runs to 500 pages.
This is a book of pictures, travels and poetry.
This book throws all the others into the shade.
I find it hard to lay the book down until the final page is reached.
He never lends books; he says it's too difficult to get them back.
He wrote a book on the experience of his tour.
He ordered some new books.
I hope you were pleased with the book I sent you.
I have presented you with this book.
I have read your book with pleasure and profit.
I will return you the book you lent me.
The book is uncut.
He bought a six-penny book.
He studies his books.
The subject of the book is interesting.
It's not enough just to have book learning.
I have read your book with pleasure.
He has written three books on economics.
I bought a book in several volumes.
I wrote a book.
I've written a book on Shakespeare.
Out of the material thus accumulated he has built a book.
The book is unpretending.
I sincerely hope you will be able to get your book out soon.
He defends his doctrine in his new book.
Write your name on the visitor's books, please.
I went to the telephone book, but couldn't find her address.
I have consulted a number of law books in the British Museum.
Where's my exercise-book?
Many moving comments have been recorded in the visitors' book.
A book is no better or worse than its author.
Books and friends should be few but good.
I can't quite see how to put this thing together; where's the book of words?
This book is out of print.
After the criminal's trial and conviction, the district attorney finally closed the books on the case.
I can't go to the movies tonight; I have to hit the books.
He is buried in his books.
This is a ticket book.
Their books are not in order.
He keeps my books.
The books were closed for auditing.
She wrote the music and he wrote the book.
The book is bound in crimson morocco.
The book may have been misplaced somewhere else.
This book deals with an important social problem.
The book had a good sale.
The book is reprinting.
You'll have to book early if you want to see that show.
If you want to go to London, you'd better book early in the morning.
I'd like to book a seat to Munich for Monday the tenth.
We are glad to have booked with you 1000 dozen Men's shirts.
We have booked your order.
He booked all the orders from his customers.
He booked the suspect on a charge of breaking and entering.
They booked him on suspicion.
Seats can be booked from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The hotel was fully booked.
Seats for the game can be booked one week in advance.
That transaction was not booked yet.
All the four pieces of her baggage were booked to San Francisco.
You are being booked.
We've booked the orchestra to appear here on Saturday.
She booked me a seat.
He booked a ticket for me.
- a closed book
自己一无所知的科目 subject about which one knows nothing
It's no good talking to me about physics; it's a closed book to me. 跟我谈物理等于白说,我对它一窍不通。
- 自己一无所知的科目 subject about which one knows nothing
- according to〔by〕 the book
严格按照规章办事 strictly according to the rules
The solution was not according to the book, but it served the purpose. 这种解决办法不符合规定,但它达到了目的。
Books must be kept according to a prescribed form. 必须按照规定的形式记账。
He does everything by the book. 他一切照章办事。
He's always careful to do things by the book. 他总是小心翼翼地按规章办事。
It's safer to go by the book. 按常规行事更为保险。
Charles sometimes takes a long time to complete a job because he does everything by the book. 查尔斯有时花很多时间才完成一项任务,因为他做每一件事都循规蹈矩。
He is an unimaginative individual who does everything by the book. 他是个一切照章办事,缺乏想象力的人。
- 严格按照规章办事 strictly according to the rules
- one for the book(s)
不平常的事 sth worth noting〔recording〕
The daring rescue was one for the book. 这次大胆的营救行动实在了不起。
Maria arrived on time today.That's one for the book! 玛丽亚今天准时到达,那是不寻常的事情。
Their trip through the Rocky Mountains was one for the book(s). 他们的洛基山脉之行是件了不起的事情。
- 不平常的事 sth worth noting〔recording〕
- read like a book
清楚地了解某人的动机、思想等 understand clearly sb's motives, thoughts, etc. read sb like a book
I can read you like a book:you're not sorry at all.我可以看透你的心思:你根本就不感到懊恼。
I know what he'll probably do—I can read him like a book.我知道他很可能会干什么——我对他了如指掌。
- 清楚地了解某人的动机、思想等 understand clearly sb's motives, thoughts, etc. read sb like a book
- suit one's〔sb's〕 books
对某人方便；合某人心意 be convenient or acceptable to sb
It won't suit my book. 这不合我的意。
It suits my book if I never have to go there again. 若是我再也不用去那里了,那真是求之不得呢。
It suits Henry's book to work late and travel home after the rush hour. 晚点下班过了高峰时间再回家正合亨利之意。
- 对某人方便；合某人心意 be convenient or acceptable to sb
- throw the book at
〈非正〉严惩，严斥；尽量往…身上加罪名 be punished; make as many accusations as possible
It'll serve him right if they throw the book at him. 要是他们一股脑儿往他身上加罪名,他也是活该。
If he gets caught with a bad tyre on his car, the police will discover all the other faults and throw the book at him. 如果他因汽车上有一个磨光的轮胎被抓,警察还会发现有其他的毛病并课他以最重的罚款。
Say that again and I'll throw the book at you. 再这么说我就要狠狠惩罚你。
The judge threw the book at the man who had hit a policeman. 法官严惩了那个殴打警察的人。
- 〈非正〉严惩，严斥；尽量往…身上加罪名 be punished; make as many accusations as possible
- an open book
直爽而容易了解的人 person who is easily understood and very frank
His mind is an open book. 他胸无城府。
I have no secrets; my life is an open book. 我没有什么秘密,我的生活是尽人皆知的事情。
- 直爽而容易了解的人 person who is easily understood and very frank
- be at one's books
用功地学习 study hard
He's always painstakingly at his books. 他总是在埋头苦读。
He'll pass the entrance examination because he's always at his books. 他能通过入学考试,因为他总是用功学习。
- 用功地学习 study hard
- be in sb's good〔bad〕 books
得到〔得不到〕某人的好感或赞许 have〔not〕 have sb's favour or approval
He is in his father's good books. 父亲宠爱他。
He has a lot of influence so it's worth keeping in his good books. 他很有影响,因此讨他喜欢是值得的。
You'll be in the boss's bad books if you don't work harder. 工作不好,老板对你没好感。
She won't speak to me; for some reason I am in her bad books. 她不愿同我讲话,由于某种原因,我不讨她喜欢。
- 得到〔得不到〕某人的好感或赞许 have〔not〕 have sb's favour or approval
- bring to book
审查；盘问；惩罚某人 require sb to give an explanation of his behaviour; punish sb bring sb to book
He was eventually brought to book for his treachery.他终于因叛变行为而受到惩罚。
- 审查；盘问；惩罚某人 require sb to give an explanation of his behaviour; punish sb bring sb to book
- every〔any〕 trick in the book
每一种〔各种〕招数或计谋 every〔any〕 trick that can be used to achieve what one wants
I tried every trick in the book but I still couldn't persuade them. 我使尽了浑身解数也劝不动他们。
He'll use any trick in the book to stop you. 他将千方百计阻止你。
- 每一种〔各种〕招数或计谋 every〔any〕 trick that can be used to achieve what one wants
- in one's book
〈口〉按某人个人看法 in one's own opinion
In my book, he is not to be trusted. 在我看来,他并不可靠。
In my book Walter is the best assistant we've ever had. 依我看,沃尔特是我们曾有过的最好的助手。
In my book this is not the way to handle it. 依我之见,这不是处理此事的办法。
- 〈口〉按某人个人看法 in one's own opinion
- like a book
彻底地，正确地，准确地 very clearly
He knew the area like a book. 他对这地区了如指掌。
Good teachers know their students like a book. 好教师对学生的情况了如指掌。
He knows French like a book. 他通晓法语。
You can believe him; he speaks like a book. 你可以相信他,他说话确切。
He is a man who speaks like a book all the time. 他是个咬文嚼字的人。
I hate someone who speaks like a book all the time. 我讨厌那些咬文嚼字的人。
- 彻底地，正确地，准确地 very clearly
- on〔off〕 the books
在〔不在〕名册上 (not) in the record
The trade-mark is registered on the books of the Patent Office. 这商标已在专卖局登记。
They have taken his name off the books of that club. 他们已经把他从那个俱乐部的名册上除名了。
- 在〔不在〕名册上 (not) in the record
- book down (v.+adv.)
记账 make an account
Are you paying now, or shall we book it down to you? 你现在就付款呢,还是我们记在你账上?
She books down the expenses every day. 她每天都把花销记账。
登记 put down in a book; register
He booked us down for the next ship. 他给我们登记下一班船。
A clerk booked down details of every article handed in. 一个职员把交进来的每一件东西详细登记下来。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
Every sum of money received must be booked down immediately. 每笔收进的款子都必须立即登记。
- 记账 make an account
- book for (v.+prep.)
难免 be difficult to avoid be booked for sth
I'm afraid he's booked for a long illness.恐怕他难免要生一场大病了。
I am booked for it.我逃不了啦!我要倒霉了!
预订 ask and pay for a seat for the theatre, a journey etc. book for sth
He has booked for the play.他已经预订戏票。
He booked for the following day's bus.他给预订了次日的汽车票。
I've booked four seats for Friday's concert.我已订了4个星期五的音乐会的座位。
因…而记下名字 write down (one's) name for (some) reason book sb for v-ing 用于 be ～ed 结构
The driver was booked for exceeding the speed limit.那位司机因超速驾车而被登记。
He was booked for speeding.他因超速而列入警方记录。
Wendy passed her driving test and was booked for speeding the very next day.温迪通过了驾驶考试,然而就在第二天因违章超速被警方登记在案。
- 难免 be difficult to avoid be booked for sth
- book in (v.+adv.)
签到,登记 sign one's name on the list of guest at the hotel, etc. book in
We booked in at 3 o'clock.我们已在三点钟报到了。
He booked in immediately on arrival at the university.他一到学校就去报到。
Where do we book in?我们在哪儿登记?
Would you please book in?请您登记好吗?
Those people haven't booked in yet.那些人还没有登记姓名。
We booked in as soon as we arrived at the Royal Hotel.我们一到皇家旅馆就登记。
It is time for you to book in.We have no time to lose.赶快登记住店,我们没有时间了。
They haven't booked in; I don't think the receptionist has noticed them.他们还没有登记,我看是接待员没注意到他们。
He booked in at that hotel.他在那家旅馆办了预订手续了。
It is always advisable to book in early when you want a hotel room in the tourist season.要想在旅游旺季住旅馆,早点登记总是可取的。
You have to book in before you can move into the hotel.你得先登记才能在旅馆住宿。
Looking through the reception book of the hotel we found our purchasing agent had booked in three days before.我们把旅客登记簿翻了一下,发现我们的采购员三天前就已登记了。
Always insist upon seeing your room before booking in.在住旅馆登记之前一定要坚持先看一下你的房间。book sb/sth in
One of the attendants booked us in while two others helped us carry our things upstairs.一位服务员给我们登记,而另外两位服务员帮我们把行李搬上楼。用于 be ～ed 结构
It was alleged that Martin, who did not arrive on time, had been booked in by Arnold.据说马丁并未准时到,是由阿诺德代为签到的。
Detailed items of all the goods to be shipped have to be booked in.待运货物的细目均须登记。
为…订房间 reserve a place for sb in one hotel book sb in
I had booked us in at a hotel in Torquary.我已经在托尔凯的一家旅馆给我们预订了房间。
I've booked you in at the Grand Hotel.I hope you approve.我在大饭店为您订了房间,我希望你满意。
Let's book him in at the Hilton Hotel.咱们在希尔顿饭店给他订个房间。
My aunt is coming to stay so I've booked her in at the nearest hotel.我姑姑要来小住,所以我就在附近的旅馆为她订了房间。
If they're only staying for two nights,I suggest that you book them in at the Palm Beach.如果他们只准备住两个晚上,我建议你在棕榈滩旅馆为他们预订一个房间。
- 签到,登记 sign one's name on the list of guest at the hotel, etc. book in
- book into (v.+prep.)
签到,登记 sign one's name on the list of guest at the hotel, etc. book into some place
He booked into the Hilton Hotel last night.他昨晚登记住进希尔顿旅馆。
- 签到,登记 sign one's name on the list of guest at the hotel, etc. book into some place
- book off (v.+adv.)
〈主美〉作交班报告 declare that one has finished a period of work book off
When I was working on the railway,I had to book off after eight hours' work.我在铁路工作时,八小时工作后必须作交班报告。
〈美·非正〉(尤指因与雇主不和)宣布某一天不上工 declare one's intention not to work on a particular day, especially because of a disagreement with one's employer book off sick
Three hundred men have booked off sick at the car factory.汽车制造厂三百工人已称病不上班。
- 〈主美〉作交班报告 declare that one has finished a period of work book off
- book out (v.+adv.)
办理离开旅馆的手续; 结账 confirm departure by enter in name in a book book out
I'd like to book out early in the morning.我想在清晨结账离开旅馆。
I'll book out for all of us.How much should I pay?我去为我们大家结账。我应该付多少钱?book sb out
He booked me out.他在我走时登记了我的姓名。
The clerk is busy booking the guests out.服务员忙于为顾客结账。
客满 have all one's space filled book sth out 用于 be ～ed 结构
I'm sorry, the hotel is booked out.对不起,旅馆已客满。
- 办理离开旅馆的手续; 结账 confirm departure by enter in name in a book book out
- book out of (v.+adv.+prep.)
逐出,开除 informal make sb leave a house, job, club, etc., often because of bad behaviour or bad work book sb out of sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
Now that they've decided to build a shopping centre, nearly a hundred local people are going to be booked out of their homes.既然他们现在已经决定要建立一个购物中心,那么将近100名当地的居民就要被赶出自己的家园。
- 逐出,开除 informal make sb leave a house, job, club, etc., often because of bad behaviour or bad work book sb out of sth 用于 be ～ed 结构
- book through (v.+adv.)
订购直达票 buy a ticket for the whole of a divided journey book through
If you have to change trains in London, you may be able to book through; ask the ticket collector.如果你必须在伦敦换车,也许可以订直达票,你可以问一下收票员。book through to sth
I shall book through to Nanchang.我将买通票到南昌。
Can I book through to Naples?我能订一张直达那不勒斯的票吗?book sb sth through to sth
Can you book me a ticket through to Naples?你能为我订购一张直达那不勒斯的车票吗?
- 订购直达票 buy a ticket for the whole of a divided journey book through
- book up (v.+adv.)
预订,预订座位 make reservations; have no free time left through pressure of engagements, etc. book up
〔说明〕 book up不用于被动结构。
If you want to go to Hangzhou for your holiday, you ought to book up now.如果你要到杭州度假,现在该订票了。
You will have to book up early if you want to see that film.如果你想看电影,那么你将不得不提前订票。book sb/sth ⇔ up
He would like to book up the ticket for tomorrow.他要订明天的票。
They have booked the whole place up for weeks.他们预订这地方已数周了。用于 be ～ed 结构
All the hotels are booked up for the season, you will never find anywhere to book in at now.所有的旅馆整个季节都被预订了,现在你在哪里也找不到旅馆了。
The performance is booked up.这场演出预订了。
It's booked up; I can't get tickets.票已售完,我弄不到票。
I'm booked up all next week.我下周的时间全排满了。
Sorry,I cannot come; I am already booked up for that evening.对不起,我来不了,那天晚上我已经有约。
The singer is always booked up for a year ahead.那位歌唱家的演出日程总是提前一年就排满。
I'm afraid I can't come; I'm booked up all next week.我恐怕不能来,下一周我都有事。
I might go out if I had anybody to go with.Are you fully booked up?如果有人作伴,我可能会出去的。你是不是一点也没有空?
I'm afraid I can't see you this week; I am booked up every evening.这一周我恐怕不能去看你,因为我每天晚上都有约会。
- 预订,预订座位 make reservations; have no free time left through pressure of engagements, etc. book up
- abridge a book 节删一本书
- balance one's books 结算账目
- copyright a book 以版权保护一本书
- devour a book 贪婪地读一本书
- edit a book of poetry 编辑一部诗集
- examine the books 查账
- finish a book 读〔写〕完一本书
- gallop through a book 匆匆看完一本书
- hit the book 〈美〉用功
- hold book （演出时）当提词人
- keep books 记账
- look through the books 查账
- ban a book 查禁一本书
- make book 下赌注或接受赌注
- mend a book 修订书
- mutilate a book 把书删改得支离破碎
- notice a new book 介绍一本新书
- open a book 打开书
- order a book 订购某书
- peruse a book 精读一本书
- pirate a book 非法偷印一本书
- proofread a book 校对一部著作
- publish a book 出版一本书
- bind a book 装订一本书
- pulp old books 把旧书做成造纸的纸浆
- put out a book 出版一本书
- read a book 读一本书
- recommend a book 推荐一本书
- replace a book on the shelf 把书放回书架上去
- reread a book 重读一本书
- reset a book 对一本书进行改版
- return a book 还书
- review a book 评论一本书
- shut the books 结账,停止营业
- borrow a book 借本书
- skim a book 略读一本书
- stack up the books 把书撂起来
- tear one's book 把书撕毁
- translate a book 翻译一本书
- write a book 写书
- bring out a book 出版一本书
- buy a book 买书
- catalogue a book 编图书目录
- censor a book 审查一本书
- close a book 合上书
- banned book 禁书
- bargain book 廉价书
- quotable book 值得引用的书
- rare book 珍本
- readable book 值得一读的书
- sumptuous book 精装书
- tedious book 枯燥无味的书
- thick book 厚书
- thin book 薄书
- thought-provoking book 启迪思想的书
- trashy book 毫无价值的书
- useful book 有用的书
- best-selling book 畅销书
- valuable book 有价值的书
- weighty book 有分量的著作
- well-bound book 装帧精致的书
- well-thumbed book 翻得很旧的书
- wonder-stirring book 令人惊异的书
- absorbing book 引人入胜的书
- authoritative book 权威性的著作
- enjoyable book 有趣的书
- exciting book 扣人心弦的书
- illustrated book 有插图的书
- blank book 空白本子
- indexed book 附有索引的书
- indifferent book 平凡的书
- informative book 资料丰富的书
- instructive book 有教益的书
- ancient book 古籍，古书
- chained books 线装书
- dirty books 淫秽书籍
- dull book 枯燥无味的书
- famous book 名著
- foul books 淫秽书籍
- deep book 内容深奥的书
- funny book 有趣的书
- handwritten book 手抄书
- hot-selling books 畅销书
- indecent books 淫秽书籍
- interesting book 有趣的书
- lewd books 淫秽书籍
- long book 篇幅长的书
- musty old books 发霉的旧书
- original book 原版书
- practical book 实用的书
- defamatory book 诽谤他人的书
- serious book 内容严肃的书
- short book 篇幅短的书
- the Good Book 《圣经》
- weak book 没有什么价值的书
- White book 白皮书
- closed book 没法搞清楚的事〔人〕，已了结的事
- open book 一目了然的事物，坦率的人
- difficult book 难读的书
- low-priced book 廉价书
- most delightful and refreshing book 读来令人心旷神怡的书
- popular book 通俗读物
- check book 支票簿
- comic book 连环漫画册
- complaint book 意见簿
- cookery book 烹饪指南
- history book 历史书
- juvenile book 少年读物
- memorandum book 备忘录
- note book 笔记本
- picture book 图画书
- reference book 参考书
- rent book 租借账本
- story book 故事书
- account books 会计账册,存折
- address book 通讯录
- bank book 银行存折
- cook book 烹调书
- copy book 习字帖
- day book 日记账
- detective book 侦探小说
- exercise book 练习本
- geography book 地理书
- guide book 旅行指南
- hand book 手册
- language book 语言书
- library book 图书馆的书
- note book 笔记本
- play book 剧本
- pocket book 袖珍本
- ring book 〈美〉电话簿
- school book 教科书
- song book 歌曲集
- style book 样本
- telephone book 电话号码簿
- text book 教科书
- word book 词典
- year book 年鉴
- children's book 儿童读物
- visitors' book 来客登记簿
- book end 书夹
- book mark (er) 书签
- book notice 书评
- book account 往来账户,账户科目
- book balance 账面余额
- book case 书柜
- book club 读书会
- book confirmation 订货确认
- book industry 图书行业
- book knowledge 书本知识
- book man 文人
- book seller 书商
- book shelf 书架
- book store 书店
- book value 账面价值
- book worm 书痴
- book to be published 出版一本书
- by the book 按常规
- go by the book 一丝不苟地按规则办事
- annotated edition of the book 这本书的注释版本
- off the books 除名，退会
- on the books 已登记，记入名册
- without book 凭记忆，无根据，任意
- from a book 从书中
- in a book 在书中
- be in sb's black books 失宠
- be in sb 's good books 得宠
- a set of books 一套书
- the catalogues of books 图书目录
- the index of a book 一本书的索引
- pirated edition of the book 那本书的非法翻印版本
- book about 有关…的书
- book about law 有关法律的书
- book at press 印刷中的书
- book by double entry 复式簿记
- book for pleasure 供消遣的书
- book for visitors 来访登记
- book in English 用英文撰写的书
- book in print 正在印制中的书
- book of stamps 集邮簿
- a book of tickets 一本票子
- book of travel 旅行随笔
- book on 论…的书
- book on hypnotism 催眠术论著
- book on law 有关法律的书
- book on popular science 科普读物
- book out of print 绝版书
- book a call 预约电话
- book a container 预订集装箱
- book a flight 预订机票
- book a hotel room 预订旅馆房间
- book a passage 预订船票
- book a performance 预订一场演出的票
- book a room 预订房间
- book a seat 订了个座位
- book a table 预订宴席
- book a train ticket 预订火车票
- book one's passage 订购船票
- book ticket 订票
- book fully 全部预订
- book down 入账
- book in 预订，签到，办理（住入旅馆的）登记手续
- book off 登记下班
- book out 客满，办离开（旅馆的）手续
- book through 预订直达…车票
- book up 替人预订，预约
The witnesses, that subscribed the booke of the purchase.出自：Bible (AV): Jeremiah
- book是可数名词，基本意思是“书，书籍”，还可指“（大型著作的）卷，篇，部”，歌剧中的“歌词，脚本”，当表示“账册”时，用the books。
- a book泛指各种书中的一本；如果指许多相同书中的一本，则应说a copy of book。
- Open your books at page 30.把书翻到30页。〖注〗如果从逻辑上分析，这两句都是错误的，因为既不可能“一个学生翻几本书”，也不可能“几个学生翻一本书”。然而这种错误是英语本身的缺点造成的，是不可克服的。语法学家把这种语法现象称之为“分配性复数”和“分配性单数”。在语言实践中，这两种用法都可见到，而以复数形式者居多。
- everything in the book相当于throw the book at sb. (把一切罪名加在某一个人的身上)。例如：We were traitors, we were turn-coats, we were crazy, we were everything in the book.他们骂我们是叛徒、变节分子、疯子，他们把书上写着的所有的坏话都加在我们的头上。
- 以大写字母开头的Book可指《圣经》，Blue Book则指“蓝皮书”。
- book up表示“事先保留，预订”，常见于英式英语中。book in表示“在旅馆登记”，多用于英式英语中。作“签到，注册”解时，在英国和美国均用。
- book, pamphlet, volume
这三个词的共同意思是“书”，其区别是：book是“书”的通称；volume是一套书中的“卷”或“册”，有时也指较大的书。例如：A novel in four volumes一部4卷本的小说；a volume of his poetry他的一本诗集；pamphlet指“小书”“小册子”，但并不见得不重要。例如：scholarly monographs published as pamphlet以小册子形式出版的学术专著。
- bring a book to sb 把一本书带给某人
- bring sb to a book 申斥某人
- This is a book used. 这是一本已使用的书。
- This is a used book. 这是一本旧书。
- book, reserve
book和reserve都表示“预订(车〔船票,戏院〕等)”,有时两者可通用,但列车上的“老弱病残者”座位不能用book,而只能用reserve。例如:Some seats on train are reserved for the old and handicapped.列车上有些座位是留给老人和残疾人的。
误 He has not much time to read books.
正 He has not much time to read.
析 一般表示“读书”，说read即可，不说read books。
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的obc，意为书，书写；最初源自原始日耳曼语的obliz，意为山毛榉。
- book:英文单词汉语意思主要是指书book[buk]n.书, 书籍, 卷, 篇, 帐簿, 名册, 工作簿v.登记, 预订, 控告 书是人类的精神食量，种类很多，古今中外，保罗万象。…