- vt. & vi. (受)传染 put disease into the body of
- vt. 污染 make air, food, etc. impure
- vt. 影响 make sb have feelings of the same type
- communicate a disease to;
"Your children have infected you with this head cold"
- contaminate with a disease or microorganism
- corrupt with ideas or an ideology;
"society was infected by racism"
- affect in a contagious way;
"His laughter infects everyone who is in the same room"
- The open wound soon became infected.
- The flu virus infected almost the entire class.
- There is a virus that infects word-processing documents recently.
- Her cheerful spirits and bubble laughter infect the whole class.
- The young teacher infected the whole class with her enthusiasm.
I didn't pay attention to it because I never infected.
Anyone with a bad cold may infect the people around him.
The spreading disease infected her eyes, and she became blind.
Waste gases infected the air.
The captain's courage infected his soldiers.
I didn't pay attention to it because I am never infected.
The open wound soon became infected.
The whole room was infected by the smell of coal.
Whole societies become infected by these vices.
It was bold of a man to walk through hundreds of miles of lion infected country with nothing but a spear in his hand.
- infect with (v.+prep.)
把…传染给… cause (sb) to catch (a disease) from oneself
She had a bad cold last week and must have infected me with it. 她上星期得了重感冒,一定传给我了。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
The man has been infected with cholera. 这人已染上了霍乱。
The water was infected with germs. 这些水被细菌污染了。
使…充满(某种感情) fill (sb) with (a feeling)
A good teacher should be able to infect his students with his own keenness for his subject. 一个好教师应能以自己对本学科的热爱来影响学生。
◇ 用于 be ～ed 结构
They are all infected with his high spirits. 他们都被高昂的情绪所鼓舞。
These young people were infected with the revolutionary fever. 这些年轻人被革命热情所感染。
- 把…传染给… cause (sb) to catch (a disease) from oneself
- infect easily 易感染
Every cut became infected and had to be scrubbed with hot water.出自：P. Theroux
The tuberculosis that infected, and finally killed, all of his children.出自：E. Feinstein
- infect:infect vt. [医] 传染, 感染习惯用语be infected with 感染, 沾染上…