- [U][C]疾病,病患,(植物的)病害 case of illness of the body, of the mind or of plants, caused by infection or internal disorder
- an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning
- The disease is still in its primary stage.
- The entire population was wiped out by the terrible disease.
- The rapid spread of the disease is alarming the medical authorities.
- The treatment arrested the growth of the disease.
Disease is usually caused by germs.
He fought against the disease for a long time.
His health degenerated with disease and old age.
The business of doctors is to prevent and cure disease.
The doctor examined him but could find no sign of heart disease.
The disease may leave blemishes on his face.
He has done much research on the cause of this disease.
The disease typically manifests itself in a high fever and chest pains.
It is an adequate remedy for the disease.
Measles, mumps and influenza are common diseases.
Prejudice is a social disease.
- breed disease 酿成疾病
- bring a disease under control 控制疾病
- carry disease 传染疾病
- catch a disease 得病
- cause disease 产生疾病
- come down with a disease 患病
- cure a disease 治愈疾病
- develop disease 得病
- prevent a disease 预防疾病
- produce disease of 产生…病
- spread disease 传播疾病
- stamp out disease 消灭疾病
- suffer from a disease 患病
- treat disease 治病
- wipe out disease 消灭疾病
- common disease 常见病
- cruel disease 痛苦的疾病
- dangerous disease 危险的病症
- mental disease 精神病
- nervous disease 神经病
- serious disease 重病
- terrible disease 可怕的病
The legions of Augustus melted away in disease and lassitude.出自：Gibbon
Trichinosis..is obviously a common infection but a rare disease.出自：Scientific American
He wold not disease hymself to heare a sermon.出自：J. Knox
- disease, illness, sickness
这组词都有“病”“疾病”的意思。其区别是：1.disease泛指各种疾病,尤指传染病,遗传病和诸如心脏病、癌症等严重疾病; sickness多指晕船、恶心、胃病等方面的疾病或有关饮食方面的疾病; illness多指患病的状态及持续的时间,很可能是某种disease引起的,如不及时治疗,会导致严重的后果; sickness指各种身体上和感觉上一时的不适,病期最短,而disease病期最长。2.disease多指具体的疾病, illness和sickness则通常表示抽象的疾病或生病状态。例如:This disease affects millions in the world every year.这种病每年都使世界上上百万人受到感染。The doctors broke through in their fight against heart disease.医生们在与心脏病作斗争方面有了新的突破。There has been a lot of illness in the family recently.最近以来这家人常生病。He was internally disturbed to hear of her illness.听说她病了,他内心很不安。Her savings have been eaten up by illness.她的积蓄因为生病全给用光了。The worker was absent owing to sickness.那个工人因病没来上班。
- decease disease
- decease:decease／di'si: s／是“死亡”、“去世”；与death相比，decease是正式用语，常见于法律条文中。
- Upon the decease of so-and-so，the sum of money will pass to his wife and children.
- The decease rate in that country is very high.
- The general's decease left the army without a leader.
- disease:disease／di'zi:z／是“患病”、“疾病”。acute disease是“急性病”；chronic disease是“慢性病”； family disease是“遗传病”。
- The task of a doctor is to prevent or cure diseases.
- Nowadays more and more people treat diseases by acupuncture.
- Your right lung is diseased.
误 What is your disease?
误 What is your illness〔sickness〕?
正 What is your trouble?
正 What is your complaint?
析 医生问病人时,用What is your trouble〔complaint〕?较委婉,病人容易接受。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自中古英语的disesae；最初源自古法语的desaise，意为身体不适。
- disease:disease n. 疾病, 弊病习惯用语be cured of a disease 治好病catch a disease 患病suffer from a disease 患病take a disea…