- [U][C]疾病,病患,(植物的)病害 case of illness of the body, of the mind or of plants, caused by infection or internal disorder
an impairment of health or a condition of abnormal functioning
- The disease is still in its primary stage.
- The entire population was wiped out by the terrible disease.
- The rapid spread of the disease is alarming the medical authorities.
- The treatment arrested the growth of the disease.
- He postulated that a cure for the disease will have been found by the year 2000.
- Disease is usually caused by germs.
- He fought against the disease for a long time.
- His health degenerated with disease and old age.
- The business of doctors is to prevent and cure disease.
- The doctor examined him but could find no sign of heart disease.
- The disease may leave blemishes on his face.
- He has done much research on the cause of this disease.
- The disease typically manifests itself in a high fever and chest pains.
- It is an adequate remedy for the disease.
- Measles, mumps and influenza are common diseases.
- Prejudice is a social disease.
- breed disease 酿成疾病
- bring a disease under control 控制疾病
- carry disease 传染疾病
- catch a disease 得病
- cause disease 产生疾病
- come down with a disease 患病
- cure a disease 治愈疾病
- develop disease 得病
- prevent a disease 预防疾病
- produce disease of 产生…病
- spread disease 传播疾病
- stamp out disease 消灭疾病
- suffer from a disease 患病
- treat disease 治病
- wipe out disease 消灭疾病
- common disease 常见病
- cruel disease 痛苦的疾病
- dangerous disease 危险的病症
- mental disease 精神病
- nervous disease 神经病
- serious disease 重病
- terrible disease 可怕的病
The legions of Augustus melted away in disease and lassitude.出自： Gibbon
Trichinosis..is obviously a common infection but a rare disease.出自：Scientific American
He wold not disease hymself to heare a sermon.出自： J. Knox
- disease, illness, sickness
- 1.disease泛指各种疾病,尤指传染病,遗传病和诸如心脏病、癌症等严重疾病; sickness多指晕船、恶心、胃病等方面的疾病或有关饮食方面的疾病; illness多指患病的状态及持续的时间,很可能是某种disease引起的,如不及时治疗,会导致严重的后果; sickness指各种身体上和感觉上一时的不适,病期最短,而disease病期最长。
- 2.disease多指具体的疾病, illness和sickness则通常表示抽象的疾病或生病状态。例如:
- This disease affects millions in the world every year.这种病每年都使世界上上百万人受到感染。
- The doctors broke through in their fight against heart disease.医生们在与心脏病作斗争方面有了新的突破。
- There has been a lot of illness in the family recently.最近以来这家人常生病。
- He was internally disturbed to hear of her illness.听说她病了,他内心很不安。
- Her savings have been eaten up by illness.她的积蓄因为生病全给用光了。
- The worker was absent owing to sickness.那个工人因病没来上班。
误 What is your disease?
误 What is your illness〔sickness〕?
正 What is your trouble?
正 What is your complaint?
析 医生问病人时,用What is your trouble〔complaint〕?较委婉,病人容易接受。
- ☆ 14世纪初期进入英语，直接源自中古英语的disease；最初源自古法语的desaise，意为身体不适。