a state of irritation or annoyance
inhale recreational drugs;
"The addict was snorting cocaine almost every day"
"the kids were huffing glue"
blow hard and loudly;
"he huffed and puffed as he made his way up the mountain"
- She took the huff and went to come other store.
- She's got into a huff because my brother didn't remember her name.
- My sister walked off in a huff.
- He slammed the door in a huff.
- I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down.
- When I get to the top I am huff and puff.
- They can huff and puff but they are powerless to alter the way things are.
It seems a pity that this new era..should be accompanied by an international huff-and-puff over priorities.出自：Listener
The medical man..leaves in a huff when his advice is turned down.出自： A. West
We huff like windy giants / scattering with our breath / gray-headed dandelions.出自： W. D. Snodgrass
Tom Steele puffed and huffed and threatened to sue me.出自： fig.