- [C][U]水果,果实 part of a plant that holds the seeds and that you can eat
- [C][P]成果,结果 result or reward of an action, hard work, etc.
- the ripened reproductive body of a seed plant
- an amount of a product
- the consequence of some effort or action;
"he lived long enough to see the fruit of his policies"
- cause to bear fruit
- bear fruit;
"the trees fruited early this year"
- The bough was loaded with fruit.
- Their research project haven' t borne fruit.
- An apple is a kind of fruit.
- Several baskets of fruit were eaten at the party.
- The apple trees are fruiting early this year.
The fruit has spoiled in the hot sun.
Some fruit doesn't ship well.
Would you like smoe fruit?
More and more vegetables and fruit are supplied to the army.
The cart was piled high with fruit and vegetables.
She is a vegetarian, so she lives mainly on vegetable and fruit.
The fruit was lying on the ground in heaps.
She has a pitch on the street where she sells fruit.
The child refuses to eat this fruit without first picking out the stones.
The tomato is technically a fruit, although it is eaten as a vegetable.
Apples, oranges, and bananas are fruit.
This dish is made from a mixture of four different summer fruits.
This fruit salad consists of various fruits.
China produces oranges, peaches, apples and other fruits.
The fruits reached us in good condition.
What fruits are in season now?
Its principal products are cattle, sheep, wheat, corn, and fruits.
There are many fruits on the table.
The drought killed our fruit trees.
Each fruit contains many juicy seeds.
Citrus growers were cautioned to protect the fruit from frost.
He cut down the tree which did not bear much fruit.
It is known by its fruit.
He pushed away the stalk from which he had stripped the fruit.
The branches leaned down to the ground, heavy with the weight of the fruit.
A tree produces fruit.
After years of hard work, his efforts finally bore fruit.
They constantly had to swallow the bitter fruits of war.
The rulers robbed them of the fruits of their toil.
We must defend the fruits of our victories.
I hope your research work will bear rich fruits.
- in fruit
结果实 bearing fruit
The tree is in fruit now. 这棵树已结果。
- 结果实 bearing fruit
- bear fruit 结出果实,取得成果,奏效
- collect fruit 采果子
- damage fruit 损害果实
- eat fruit 吃水果
- gather fruit 采果子
- grow fruit 种植水果
- pick fruit 摘水果
- produce fruit 出产水果,产生结果
- store (up) fruit 贮藏水果
- abundant fruit 丰硕的果实
- bitter fruit 苦果
- dry fruit 干果
- fresh fruit 新鲜水果
- golden fruit 金黄色的果实
- green fruit 未成熟的水果
- nice fruit 味美的水果
- sweet fruit 甜水果
- tinned fruit 水果罐头
- wild fruit 野果
- rich fruit 丰硕成果
- the first fruits 初步成果
- fruit stall 市场的水果摊
Sixe yeres thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the fruites thereof.出自：Bible (AV): Exodus
- fruit是各种水果的总称,如橘子、香蕉、葡萄、苹果、梨等都是fruit, fruit是集合名词。
- fruit表示各种水果时可用其复数形式fruits, fruit也可指单个的橘子、香蕉等水果,但这种用法不常见。
- She bought much〔a lot of〕 fruit from the market.
- 她从市场上买了许多水果。 (有别于蔬菜、肉等)
- She bought many fruits from the market.
- 她从市场上买了许多种水果。 (不同种类)
误 Do you like fruits?
正 Do you like fruit?
- ☆ 12世纪晚期进英入语，直接源自古法语的fruit，意为果实；最初源自拉丁语的fructus，意为享受，果实。
- fruit:fruit n. 水果, 果实, 果类, 成果vi. 结果实习惯用语bear fruit 结果实; 发生效果eat the bitter fruit of one's own doings 自食其果e…