- [C][U]水果,果实 part of a plant that holds the seeds and that you can eat
- [C][P]成果,结果 result or reward of an action, hard work, etc.
the ripened reproductive body of a seed plant
an amount of a product
the consequence of some effort or action;
"he lived long enough to see the fruit of his policies"
cause to bear fruit
"the trees fruited early this year"
- The bough was loaded with fruit.
- The flower becomes fruit when it worships.
- Their research project haven' t borne fruit.
- The book is the fruit of years of research.
- An apple is a kind of fruit.
- Several baskets of fruit were eaten at the party.
- The apple trees are fruiting early this year.
- The fruit has spoiled in the hot sun.
- Some fruit doesn't ship well.
- Would you like some fruit?
- More and more vegetables and fruit are supplied to the army.
- The cart was piled high with fruit and vegetables.
- She is a vegetarian, so she lives mainly on vegetable and fruit.
- The fruit was lying on the ground in heaps.
- She has a pitch on the street where she sells fruit.
- The child refuses to eat this fruit without first picking out the stones.
- The tomato is technically a fruit, although it is eaten as a vegetable.
- Apples, oranges, and bananas are fruit.
- This dish is made from a mixture of four different summer fruits.
- This fruit salad consists of various fruits.
- China produces oranges, peaches, apples and other fruits.
- The fruits reached us in good condition.
- What fruits are in season now?
- Its principal products are cattle, sheep, wheat, corn, and fruits.
- There are many fruits on the table.
- The drought killed our fruit trees.
- Each fruit contains many juicy seeds.
- Citrus growers were cautioned to protect the fruit from frost.
- He cut down the tree which did not bear much fruit.
- It is known by its fruit.
- He pushed away the stalk from which he had stripped the fruit.
- The branches leaned down to the ground, heavy with the weight of the fruit.
- A tree produces fruit.
- After years of hard work, his efforts finally bore fruit.
- They constantly had to swallow the bitter fruits of war.
- The rulers robbed them of the fruits of their toil.
- We must defend the fruits of our victories.
- I hope your research work will bear rich fruits.
- in fruit
结果实 bearing fruit
- bear fruit 结出果实,取得成果,奏效
- collect fruit 采果子
- damage fruit 损害果实
- eat fruit 吃水果
- gather fruit 采果子
- grow fruit 种植水果
- pick fruit 摘水果
- produce fruit 出产水果,产生结果
- store (up) fruit 贮藏水果
- abundant fruit 丰硕的果实
- bitter fruit 苦果
- dry fruit 干果
- fresh fruit 新鲜水果
- golden fruit 金黄色的果实
- green fruit 未成熟的水果
- nice fruit 味美的水果
- sweet fruit 甜水果
- tinned fruit 水果罐头
- wild fruit 野果
- rich fruit 丰硕成果
- the first fruits 初步成果
- fruit stall 市场的水果摊
Sixe yeres thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the fruites thereof.出自：Bible (AV): Exodus
- fruit是各种水果的总称,如橘子、香蕉、葡萄、苹果、梨等都是fruit, fruit是集合名词。
- fruit表示各种水果时可用其复数形式fruits, fruit也可指单个的橘子、香蕉等水果,但这种用法不常见。
- She bought much〔a lot of〕 fruit from the market.
- 她从市场上买了许多水果。 (有别于蔬菜、肉等)
- She bought many fruits from the market.
- 她从市场上买了许多种水果。 (不同种类)
误 Do you like fruits?
正 Do you like fruit?
- ☆ 12世纪晚期进入英语，直接源自古法语的fruit，意为果实；最初源自拉丁语的fructus，意为享受，果实。