- vt. 锻造；伪造；建立
- vi. 伪造；做铁匠
- n. 锻炉；铁匠铺；锻造车间
- vt. 锻造 form by heating and hammering
- vt. 伪造,仿造 make a copy of sth
furnace consisting of a special hearth where metal is heated before shaping
a workplace where metal is worked by heating and hammering
create by hammering;
"hammer the silver into a bowl"
"forge a pair of tongues"
make a copy of with the intent to deceive;
"he faked the signature"
"they counterfeited dollar bills"
"She forged a Green Card"
come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort;
"excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
move ahead steadily;
"He forged ahead"
move or act with a sudden increase in speed or energy
make something, usually for a specific function;
"She molded the rice balls carefully"
"Form cylinders from the dough"
"shape a figure"
"Work the metal into a sword"
make out of components (often in an improvising manner);
"She fashioned a tent out of a sheet and a few sticks"
- These machine parts have been forged with the finest steel.
- George was forced to forge a signature.
- They forged their manager's signature on the cheque.
- They tried to forge an alliance.
- Some people forge official documents.
- Donald be forced to forge a signature.
- He began to heat, like iron in the forge.
- The blacksmith came out of the forge to fit the horse shoe.
- In the past kitchen knives were made in a forge.
- The blacksmith is forging the horseshoe.
- The negotiators have forged the final draft of the agreement.
- Working together, we have forged close relations.
- He forged money.
- He was sent to prison for forging passport.
- He got the money dishonestly by forging his brother's signature.
- Their friendship was forged by sharing adversity.
- My signature was forged on the check.
- forge ahead (v.+adv.)
稳步前进,突然加速前进 go steadily or quickly forward
The winning crew rapidly forged ahead.
The ship continued to forge ahead under a favourable wind.
The students have forged ahead with their work.
She didn't do very well when she first went to school, but she's forged ahead in the last two years.
My work has been forging ahead recently.
If we forge ahead continuously without a break, we'll be able to raise efficiency.
She seems to be forging ahead in her new job.
They forged ahead with their plans.
- forge from (v.+prep.)
由…锻造而成 form sth from sth
forge sth from sth
A bayonet blade is forged from the finest steel.
- forge into (v.+prep.)
把…锻炼成… make sth become sth by heating
forge sb/sth into sth
Difficulties help to forge people into able folk.
How do you forge iron into steel?
The blacksmith forged a bar of iron into a hook.
Forge the iron bar into a horseshoe.
- forge with (v.+prep.)
建立与…的联系 form sth with sth
forge sth with sth
They forged the links with the French Communist Party.
- forge an alliance between the workers and the peasants 结成工农联盟
- forge anchor 锻造铁锚
- forge bar of iron into a hook 把一根铁条锻造成钩子
- forge design 制订规划
- forge four shoes for the horse 给这匹马打四个铁掌
- forge the line of a chain 锻造铁链的链条
- forge a treaty 缔造一个条约
- forge an antique 仿造古董
- forge a banknote 伪造钞票
- forge documents 伪造条约
- forge a lie 编造谎言
- forge paintings 仿做绘画
- forge a tale 杜撰一个故事
- forge artfully 巧妙地锻造
- forge audaciously 大胆地仿做
- forge daringly 大胆地效仿
- forge deliberately 谨慎地打造
- forge laboriously 吃力地锻造
- forge steadily 稳步前进
- forge subtly 巧妙地效仿
A blacksmith's forge in which the smith in leather apron hammered out red-hot horse-shoes.出自： Jo Grimond
As if I had..forged the laird's name.出自： R. Buchanan
He had forged a document purporting to be a testimonial.出自： R. Graves
- 1.用于具体物品时, shape常指用刀具切削; mould指用模具铸造或冲压; forge指加热后锤锻; fashion指用手或简单工具把某种物品制成一新物品。
- 2.用于抽象事物时, shape强调后果; mould常指培养塑造人的思想、性格等; forge指花费巨大劳动,克服困难后所达到的成就; fashion也有培养塑造的意思,可与mould, shape互换。
- 3.forge的材料一般是金属; shape, mould, fashion的材料可以是金属,也可以是黏土、塑料等其他材料。
- 4.shape强调制成某种特殊形状; forge, mould和fashion强调制成某种新物品。
- The presses moulded the car bodies.压床压制出汽车模型。
- The figure of a man has been moulded.人像已塑造成了。
- The climate moulds his character.这种气候养就了他的性格。
- A bayonet blade is forged from the finest steel.刺刀刃是用最优质的钢锻造的。
- They forged pieces for a wrought-iron railing.他们将生铁块锻造成熟铁棒。
- The poem is forged in the brain.诗歌是在头脑中酝酿而成的。
- She fashioned a necklace from paper clips.她用曲别针做成项链。
- We can fashion the dress to your figure.我们能把这件衣服做得合你的身。
- He fashioned a talented amateur into a brilliant actor.他将一个有才华的业余艺术爱好者培养成了卓越的演员。
- form 形式
- counterfeit 膺品
- shape 形状
- create 创造
- falsify 伪造，篡改
- mold 模式
- fake 假的
- fashion 时尚
- smelter 熔炉
- make 做
- progress 进步
- build 建造
- copy 复制品
- imitate 仿效
- furnace 炉子
- hearth 炉床
- oven 烤箱
- make up 弥补
- blacksmith's shop 铁匠铺,锻工车间...
- manufacture （手工）制造...
- up 向上
- mould 形状
- formulate 用公式表示
- devise 设计
- smithy 铁匠的店铺
- invent 发明
- work 工作
- excogitate 想出
- hammer 锤
- spirt 喷出
- contrive 图谋
- spurt 喷出