- [C]壁炉前的地面 the area around the fire in a house,especially the floor of the fireplace
an open recess in a wall at the base of a chimney where a fire can be built;
"the fireplace was so large you could walk inside it"
"he laid a fire in the hearth and lit it"
"the hearth was black with the charcoal of many fires"
home symbolized as a part of the fireplace;
"driven from hearth and home"
"fighting in defense of their firesides"
an area near a fireplace (usually paved and extending out into a room);
"they sat on the hearth and warmed themselves before the fire"
- He hulked up from his chair by the hearth.
- A pile of lots was set beside the hearth.
- He approached and seated himself near the hearth.
- A log fire roared in the open hearth.
- hearth rug 火炉口毡
- open-hearth 使用平炉(炼钢)的...
- hearth furnace 床式反射炉
- hearth lining 炉床内衬
- hearth layer 底层炉料,底料层,垫...
- hearth plate 炉底座板,炉膛座板...
- hearth electrode 底电极,炉底电极...
- holding hearth 混合炉
- basic hearth 碱性炉床
- forge hearth 锻工炉,锻铁炉...
- hearth accretion 炉缸冷结,炉瘤...
- furnace hearth 炉底,炉床,炉缸...
- burner hearth [机] 炉底, 炉床...
- hearth block 炉底砖
- open hearth 平炉
- cupola hearth 冲天炉炉底
- hearth wall 炉床内壁
- smiths hearth 锻工炉
- roller hearth 辊道炉床(滚道炉膛)...
- ore hearth 熔矿炉,膛式炉...