- v. 用公式表示；系统地阐述；规划；制订
- vt. 构想出,规划 invent and prepare a plan, suggestion, etc.
- vt. 系统地阐述 express an exact way
elaborate, as of theories and hypotheses;
"Could you develop the ideas in your thesis"
come up with (an idea, plan, explanation, theory, or principle) after a mental effort;
"excogitate a way to measure the speed of light"
put into words or an expression;
"He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
prepare according to a formula
- Survey the material first to get a sense of it: formulate some questions.
- He formulated his thought clearly.
- He struggled to formulate an answer.
- He thought it time to formulate some plan of action.
- We can then formulate the following rules.
- He formulated a plan of attack.
- He took care to formulate his reply very clearly.
- The laws were formulated according to constitution.
- formulate criteria 订出标准
Romantic intellectuals who had formulated the main tenets of a conservative ideology.出自： H. Arendt